Harbor House?

cuestic66

My wife and i will be on the Conquest May 23rd and thinking about staying at the Harbor House the night before. I went to their web site to see about parking while on the cruise, and this is what it states.....-Parking is $10 a day while you stay at The Harbor House and FREE for the DURATION of the cruise (Transportation not included). So does this mean you would pay for 1 day and then get to park free the rest of the week? Also is it close enough you could walk or would you need to get transportation. Thanks for all the help.:confused:

Not sure about the parking as we have never stayed there, but the hotel is literally right next door to the terminal. You can throw a stone from one building to the next. Very Very Easy to get from one to the other!

If I remember right it would be $10.00 and then free the rest of the cruise. It is close enough to walk. We usually walk over to Starbucks for breakfast and then check out and wander over to the ship. We really like the Harbor House.

There are a lot of posts about Harbor House in the Gulf Coast Departures threads. Its a historical hotel much loved by cruisers. The cam that many watch the ships arrive and depart is at Harbor House. You can see it on galveston.com

Yes, you can park for free. Some said they thought it was far to walk, most walk. It could be a little rough to take many suitcases over, depends on how you pack.

My wife and i will be on the Conquest May 23rd and thinking about staying at the Harbor House the night before. I went to their web site to see about parking while on the cruise, and this is what it states.....-Parking is $10 a day while you stay at The Harbor House and FREE for the DURATION of the cruise (Transportation not included). So does this mean you would pay for 1 day and then get to park free the rest of the week? Also is it close enough you could walk or would you need to get transportation. Thanks for all the help.:confused:

You should not be dissapointed. :D

It is one of better hotels on island.

You are on port and water and you can watch ships come and leave.

It is one block from downtown Strand Historical District.

It is 2 blocks from ship terminal, restaurants all around it........

and next door also is the Historical Elissa Schooner Tall Ship, the Maritime Museum, and theater with the fillms about 1900 Storm and Pirate Jean LaFitte.

And its owned by same as Tremont and Galvez. All three are first class hotels.

I drove to the terminal, dropped off my best friend and our luggage, drove back to the Harbor House and walked back to the terminal. Very easy, enjoyed the hotel and its location immensely.

Glad to hear this is doable because this is what we are planning to do! Drop all the checked luggage off with the porters then go back to the hotel and park. Then walk back over and board!

I stayed at the Harbor House for a couple of nights prior to my Carnival Ecstasy cruise. They gave me a great room that had the same view as the Harbor Cam - on Saturday morning, I opened my windows and enjoyed a morning breeze while sipping coffee and watching the Ecstasy come in, do a 180-degree turn, and dock.

I have rolling suitcases and had no problem walking over to check in to the ship.

Stayed at the Harbor House Jan 27. Was disappointed this year, each of the 3 years prior we had much better luck here. Lady at the desk this stay was hateful, we were put in a room overlooking the parking lot and the room stunk. We had a group of 7 rooms and no one got a harbor view? We are a kindly bunch, not loud or obnoxious, so I'm not sure why the hard time this year. In addition, they charged us an additional $20.00 for the four day cruise for parking per vehicle. We won't stay again and my advice is to others is verify all room information and parking prices before booking and ask for a confirmation e-mail.

In December they charged us $10 for the 1 nights stay for parking and then another $20 for the rest of the week - something like that. If you are able, get a room at the end closest to the pier. We were able to lay in bed and watch the ships come in in the morning. We also saw dolphins outside our window and I love watching the pelicans. We got lucky and they upgraded us the a suite at the end so we could watch the ships.

I drove to the terminal, dropped off my best friend and our luggage, drove back to the Harbor House and walked back to the terminal. Very easy, enjoyed the hotel and its location immensely.

This is what we will do...friends of ours stayed at HH before a cruise and said we could either walk it..it isn't too far, but as other said depends on how you pack as to whether you want to lug luggage.....but because of knee problems for me, hubby is goingto drop me off at terminal and go drop car back at hotel and walk back to terminal. And my understanding is you pay $10 for parking the night of stay and you can park for free the duration of your cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I called Harbor House today to request Rm. 302 and they said no problem it is on my reservation...and I asked them about parking for cruise and the man told me it is $20.00 for the duration of your cruise..no big deal for me, as I still want to be there for the Sail-in of the ship.....:)

Stayed at the Harbor House Jan 27. Was disappointed this year, each of the 3 years prior we had much better luck here. Lady at the desk this stay was hateful, we were put in a room overlooking the parking lot and the room stunk. We had a group of 7 rooms and no one got a harbor view? We are a kindly bunch, not loud or obnoxious, so I'm not sure why the hard time this year. In addition, they charged us an additional $20.00 for the four day cruise for parking per vehicle. We won't stay again and my advice is to others is verify all room information and parking prices before booking and ask for a confirmation e-mail.

Just called HH. They say you have to book through Galveston.com to get free cruise parking. Which thankfully we did. They also said that they do not assign room #'s, that it's first come first serve. So we will be getting there very early to get a ship view! They may send us away until later when we can accually check in, but we will be there to get our room assigned...lol

I will write a review on our HH experience when we return on March 29th.

I guess on certain days they may have a 2 night requirement, but we are staying in the middle of the week and had no problem reserving a 1 night stay. There may be some kind of special event happening on the island during your time. Or you might want to call back at a different time and see if you gat a different answer. I called the other day to ask for a certain room and was told they don't do that and it was first come first serve. So I called today and the lady said she would put in the request and see what she could do and that she would try to at least hold us a room on the east side so we can see the ships dock. So we are going to arrive early to make sure we get the room we want or at the least get on the east side.

So, I think it all depends on who answers the phone!

We stayed at HH last April b4 our cruise on the Voyager and loved it. They were still refurbishing after the hurricane, but we had a harbour view room and it was fantastic. The next day we walked from HH to the RC pier. This is a bit of a longer walk than to the Carnival pier. It took us 15 minutes with 2 pcs of rolling luggage and 2 carry-ons.

We are sailing on Voyager again this April and I booked HH thru travelocity with a guarantee of a harbor view room. 17 more days and we will be there.:)

Archived