Just got off the Miracle with the hole in the ship

Donnask8pro

Well, I will post pics tomorrow but when docking in St kitts we slammed into the dock and put a huge gash/hole in the side of the ship. You could see right into the offices through the hole in the side of her.

We were due to leave at 500 but ended up staying overnight in St Kitts to repair "Da Hole" as a the Capt would announce..We made up the time and only got into Fort Lauderdale at 8:45 this morning. We were flying..

I heard the Miracle was on the news?CNN because of it.

Well, I will post pics tomorrow but when docking in St kitts we slammed into the dock and put a huge gash/hole in the side of the ship. You could see right into the offices through the hole in the side of her.

We were due to leave at 500 but ended up staying overnight in St Kitts to repair "Da Hole" as a the Capt would announce..We made up the time and only got into Fort Lauderdale at 8:45 this morning. We were flying..

I heard the Miracle was on the news?CNN because of it.

Looking forward to seeing pics... thanks for posting.

Did the captain happen to say why he slammed into the dock?

And we can loan our extension cords to the repair crew to power their lights. My wife and I were on the Miracle. When we docked in St. Kitts, it was windy, with occasional very strong gusts. We were watching the docking process from our balcony, and heard some scraping but did not feel anything. All in all, I think the Captain and crew did a very credible job in getting the ship back to Port Everglades. If not for some very unfavorable winds on Saturday night, I think the ship would have made port on time.

As for the apparent frequency of such accidents, given the quantity of docking events, and the tight quarters of some of the ports, I think all the cruise lines do an incredible job in protecting the passengers and the ships themselves.

And we can loan our extension cords to the repair crew to power their lights. My wife and I were on the Miracle. When we docked in St. Kitts, it was windy, with occasional very strong gusts. We were watching the docking process from our balcony, and heard some scraping but did not feel anything. All in all, I think the Captain and crew did a very credible job in getting the ship back to Port Everglades. If not for some very unfavorable winds on Saturday night, I think the ship would have made port on time.

As for the apparent frequency of such accidents, given the quantity of docking events, and the tight quarters of some of the ports, I think all the cruise lines do an incredible job in protecting the passengers and the ships themselves.

Bravo! Well said. ;)

glad to hear you made it back in good time, that would mean the cruise leaving today wasnt too far off schedule which means MY CRUISE WILL BE ONTIME :D :D pics and more info on the cruise and the hole would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if they left on time? Just curious!! Not a huge hole, but a hole nonetheless.

Thanks for posting, looks nasty. Thats at least three collisions that I can recall in as many months. I think Carnival had better start installing bumpers all the way around the ship.

Actually it has been four

Miracle hits dock

Ecstasy hits gangway in Galveston the same or next day

Legend hits Enchantment of the Seas

Spendor hits Radiance of the Seas

Dave

Archived