What happens when you still had cash deposit and didn't get it?

My plan was to deposit cash for our Sea Pass account, which is exactly what I did. The last night I still had about $100 in the account. We used about $70-80 of it at the show and nightclub. In the morning there was a long line at the pursers desk. Our friend who was picking us up was already at the pier so we decided that we needed to leave the ship and didn't wait in line to get our remaining cash back.

Will RC just mail a check automatically, or do I have to call to request it?

My plan was to deposit cash for our Sea Pass account, which is exactly what I did. The last night I still had about $100 in the account. We used about $70-80 of it at the show and nightclub. In the morning there was a long line at the pursers desk. Our friend who was picking us up was already at the pier so we decided that we needed to leave the ship and didn't wait in line to get our remaining cash back.

Will RC just mail a check automatically, or do I have to call to request it?

They were getting their remaining $$$ back. ;)

###

RCCL will send you a check..but I would call to get a time frame...

BTW...My friend would have had to wait...;)

Thanks.

btw, for what it's worth, I really didn't want to stand in that line. It seemed that the 15 or so passengers were there for one reason only, disputing some of the charges. After standing there for about 5 minutes and not moving at all, I figured it was going to be a long wait.

It can't be more than $20-$30, so I wasn't worried about losing it, if that was the case, but I figured that they would settle the account from corporate office.

My friend had to get back to work, so we were just grateful that he took the time to drive to Tampa that morning. We didn't want to hold him up.

Thanks OP for asking this, I've never heard this question asked before. I understand your situation both with your ride and the Guest Relations line on the final morning. For some reason, my credit card was unable to be authorized on the final moring aboard the Majesty last month and the line did move very slowly.

I did call the corporate customer relations office in Miami. The agent assumed that I lost the money if I didn't settle on the final morning. I was very polite, not expecting anything. He just never heard that question asked before. I asked him if it was possible for him to inquire and possibly call me back in a day or 2. He took all the info, and we parted on friendly basis. About 20 minutes later, he called back and informed me that he never had to deal with a similar situation, and thus the reason he didn't know the answer at first, but I was correct and they will refund any remaining cash once they get the final portfolio on their corporate computers (it wasn't there this morning). In fact, his boss assigned him to track my account and he will be tracking it and if there is any refund, he was authorized to request a check and the final folio to be mailed to me. Very nice example of great customer service.

He did state that it may take some time. I agreed with him and as long as I get the final portfolio in less than 6-8 weeks, I will be happy, even if I find out they don't own me a thing. Hopefully I don't own them anything, ;) although I doubt very much they would allow us to leave the ship if that was the case.

I'm glad everything worked out for you...I have had great customer service from RCCL..And when they say they will track something ...and follow up with you ...they are true to their word..My Guest Relations agent called me back a third time to make sure a charge had been credited back to my card...when he thought enough time had passed...Thanks Royal !!!

There really ought to be a way of tagging threads that have a happy ending where Customer Services are concerned.

If you scroll down you will see a line where it say tags and towards the right there´s a button "Edit tags". You can add up to two tags to a thread. I think if you are the OP you can add more.

Just a quick update:

RC Corporate office called today. They confirmed that I had ~$23 left on the account. Asked if I wanted a check or a refund to a CC? I told them that it didn't matter, whatever was easier. They took my CC number and will refund the money through my CC.

Great CS RC!:)

Archived