Tops optional deck on Summit or an Celebrity Ship

sarahc78

I recently purchased a book on cruising. It reviews most cruise lines and their ships. I noticed that the author mentioned that there was a tops optional deck on Celebrity Cruise ships.

From what I have read on these boards that just seems a little odd and that it may not actually be true.

Is there a tops optional deck on the Summit or any Celebrity ship?

Yikes, let's hope it isn't so.. I have had one exprience in Greece with tops optional cruise in Greece..that left out of Italy (Costa). And trust me.. it is as they say.. it is only those who ought to be covered up, that aren't. Needless to say I stayed covered up.. as to not shock anyone!

These topless decks are becoming a real problem-it is quite a distraction when I am trying to get to the highest vantage point with my binoculars in order to spot whales or land. It is particular problem near St. Lucia;).

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

PS, there was a sign on the Mercury indicating deck 14 was topless.

lol

Just spent 2 weeks on Summit ending Jan23.... Saw no topless bathing nor signs for it.

Sarahc - How old is that book? When we first went on Millie in 2003 there were "topless bathing" signs for that Deck 12 forward area described above. That sign was gone by 2006 and I haven't seen it again since.

Sailed Infinity and Millennium in 2007 and the topless decks were still there and identified by the sign.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Hmmm lots of opinions here. I thought the reason for a balcony cabin was so you could go topless. Of course their should be a designated place where there are no kids, and it should be mandatory on all ships. Since most women (American) are timid about there bodies. What better way to show to the husbands and boyfriends what real women look like? As a guy, tan lines are horrible and should be avoided. So to all the women who like a nice tan, I say go for it. (Of coarse this discussion will go ***** till the end of time).

and that's as GOOD AS IT GETS with the human race. We're one of the ugliest life forms going... Nude beaches are worse than regular!!

I'm so glad for over active hormones and a lascivious mind. I undress just about everyone in my head, and generally I'm considerably more generous than your real maker!:D

Oh Yeah, It's ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pardon my belly, I shouldn't go topless:D

Now, that's cute!!

And, the prior post about whale watching....ok, no further comment:)

On other cruise ships I've seen the signs for the topless decks, never ventured there, but not opposed to ships having them. I choose to keep mine on.

• 2 months later...
I recently purchased a book on cruising. It reviews most cruise lines and their ships. I noticed that the author mentioned that there was a tops optional deck on Celebrity Cruise ships.

From what I have read on these boards that just seems a little odd and that it may not actually be true.

Is there a tops optional deck on the Summit or any Celebrity ship?

Yes.

Are youall coming for a Cruise in New Jersey and/or New York soon?

At t6he MOMA ( Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art ) we are having a new exhibit now.

It is Nude Models and the woman running this exhibit, from Yugoslavia, sits at a table the payees/onlookers ask her questions too. The models are standing in the exhibit fully in the birthday suits.

Now will ..I do have to ask this will attendees be taking off there clothes also soon there?;)

As on the cruise ships they do.

The signs are not SIGNS, but rather small bronze ones maybe 3" x 6". You would have to be looking to notice them. And yes, they are usually on the highest deck.

Europeans have such a much better attitude towards any type of nudity! Some times we Americans can just be too uptight!:cool:

You think!:rolleyes:

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

P.S. Topless or not.

At t6he MOMA ( Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art ) we are having a new exhibit now.

It is Nude Models and the woman running this exhibit, from Yugoslavia, sits at a table the payees/onlookers ask her questions too. The models are standing in the exhibit fully in the birthday suits.

Now will ..I do have to ask this will attendees be taking off there clothes also soon there?;)

Nude Models at New York Museum Groped

from

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/16/nude-models-new-york-museum-groped/

There was a topless deck on the Millie as many have mentioned, but that's the only "X" we've cruised on so far. We're on the Millies's sister ship, the Summit, soon and will look for the higher level/forward decks to see if it too has a "topless" deck.

FWIW, I enjoyed going topless every day of our 11 day cruise last January, and did so at pool level. No body said a thing. :rolleyes:

FWIW, I enjoyed going topless every day of our 11 day cruise last January, and did so at pool level. No body said a thing. :rolleyes:

Yes half of the cruisers are topless by the pool.

How did you choose the screen name "A Sixth"

Yes half of the cruisers are topless by the pool.

How did you choose the screen name "A Sixth"

I save the name story for onboard CC parties and Connections gathering... Some day I'm sure you and I will be on the same ship and I'll tell the story. May not be as interesting as "derf" though.... :D (Care to share?)

BTW I always wear a top at those parties. :)

Archived