JetBlue/AirTran/Southwest Schedules

toberman

I've searched their sites but can't find any information on when they will be publishing the late fall (Nov/Dec) schedules. Anyone have any guesses on when this will happen? Hate going back every day to check.

Thanks

Doug

In very rough terms, probably no more than 6 months out. Likely that there will be at least one "release" between now and one that will cover your time frame.

Other than that, nothing I can offer other than checking the airline websites. WN does post their next release date - can't speak to B6 and FL.

In very rough terms, probably no more than 6 months out. Likely that there will be at least one "release" between now and one that will cover your time frame.

Other than that, nothing I can offer other than checking the airline websites. WN does post their next release date - can't speak to B6 and FL.

Thanks again Flyer.. I seem to recall last year it was June to get firm pricing on most of these airlines. Legacy airlines offer a much better time-frame for booking - just not the best prices.

Thanks again Flyer.. I seem to recall last year it was June to get firm pricing on most of these airlines. Legacy airlines offer a much better time-frame for booking - just not the best prices.
Not necessarily true. Sometimes yes, other times no. To make a blanket statement like that really stretches reality to fit the marketing hype of the LCCs.

This pricing issue of legacy carriers versus LCC is an ongoing debate here. Why not post the cheapest prices you can find for your routing and travel dates on the legacy carriers now? Then, when the LCC open their bookings, you can compare them and see.

Of course, it's only a comparison of your routing and dates, and couldn't be generalized to prices of legacies vs LCC on all routes/dates, but it might be interesting.

As I like to say....what really matters is the pricing and availability for YOUR cities and YOUR dates. Who cares if you can fly to Venice for $400 in January, or to Vancouver for $300 in November, or Buenos Aires in July, or to Florida as well - if your cruise is nowhere near that time. And, with 2000+ people all trying to get to/from that city that date, guess what that will do for availability.

Why not post the cheapest prices you can find for your routing and travel dates on the legacy carriers now? Then, when the LCC open their bookings, you can compare them and see.

I did this last year. Picked dates to coincide with a theoretical cruise, 08/01/2010 - 16/01/2010, chose BOS-FLL as an airport combination, and checked prices on the gnome site (I hadn't found the link to ITA at that time).

Best price as of 28/05/2009: $205, Delta

Best price as of 03/08/2009, when JetBlue available: $212, Delta (Jetblue: $268)

Best price as of 01/09/2009, when Southwest available: $206.40, Southwest (Delta: $217)

So, as you can see, waiting for Southwest to come out with their flights saves you... the baggage fees. In terms of base fare, it saves you nothing. Completely random, and not necessarily the same case in every market, but I found it an interesting exercise.

I'm looking to buy for flights in June from MCO to SEA.

While these flights went on sale the middle of Nov the price has gone down about $100 since I started looking.

I usually search using KAYAK and BING. BING suggested I wait at least another month. So basically I'll check once a week and will buy when it feels right.

I just glad I didn't buy back in NOV when they were 1st posted.

I did this last year. Picked dates to coincide with a theoretical cruise, 08/01/2010 - 16/01/2010, chose BOS-FLL as an airport combination, and checked prices on the gnome site (I hadn't found the link to ITA at that time).

Best price as of 28/05/2009: $205, Delta

Best price as of 03/08/2009, when JetBlue available: $212, Delta (Jetblue: $268)

Best price as of 01/09/2009, when Southwest available: $206.40, Southwest (Delta: $217)

So, as you can see, waiting for Southwest to come out with their flights saves you... the baggage fees. In terms of base fare, it saves you nothing. Completely random, and not necessarily the same case in every market, but I found it an interesting exercise.

I recall this, and also found it interesting, but you know you can't beat sense into a dead horse.

I just booked Jet Blue for Oct 1st from Boston to FLL, nonstop, round trip for 243pp. Closer to home, 443 and 479. To afraid to wait for Southwest, I grabbed it and am happy to drive down the Mass pike 2 hours to Boston. ;)

Archived