Barbershop aboard

JellyBean07

The Spa/Salon does provide services for men. I haven't used them recently so I don't know the current pricing. I only used the service one time and vowed to never do it again. 1) It was pricey (over $20 - this was years ago!). 2) It is done by appointment which meant I had to plan my day around a haircut appointment. 3) When the time came for my appointment, I really didn't feel like leaving my comfortable spot on the side deck of the ship. 4) It consumed by cruising time which is very valuable. I decided that I could get a haircut anytime at home but I only get a few weeks on board per year. That convinced me... never again!

As the others have mentioned, barber services will take place in the salon/spa area. The haircut won't be a problem, but the question will be IF there is a 'barber' on board for the shave. DH absolutely LOVED the shave I'd convinced him to get cruise before last. This last cruise he'd planned on getting more than one shave (it was an 18-day), but since they didn't have "a barber" they wouldn't make the appointment. As to price, he had a massage before his shave and haircut, so that was in the total he paid. I don't know.

I got a haircut on a 42 day South Pacific cruise and it was great. I made an appointment for 8:00PM, following dinner in the Lido. A young lady did the work and she did an excellent job. As I recall the cost was $25.00 and included a shampoo at the start. I was concerned when I made the appointment, but was extremely pleased with the result.

I've been able to get a haircut the afternoon of embarcation -

...or the morning of the first day at sea - I find it far more relaxing than worrying about scheduling it while still at home when I need to be packing or dealing w/ things at the office.

Either way, I thought the prices were reasonable and the Steiner staff have always been really good - They're even starting to bring young men aboard to serve as barbers.

Archived