SoHo on the Star & Other Speicality Rest. ?

gehrandt

Dined in Soho during our cruise this past Oct. It was one of the best specialty restaurant meals we've ever had. Superb service. There was a free cocktail offer that night choice of 3, when we were a bit indecisive, our other choice under consideration was brought along as well, at no additional charge. The 4 of us at our table each had a different app and entree and we were all totally delighted with what we had each ordered. Our server also brought out an unordered cerviche (marinated scallops) when he heard us discussing it after placing our appetizer order. It was just wonderful service the whole evening. It was a shame that not many people seem to find their way there. There were only 2 other tables occupied while we were there that evening, and we were dining around 7:30. All the specialty restaurants were practically vacant that whole cruise. Hopefully this link will work for the menu.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801281&highlight=soho+menu

Eat up soon if you like Soho, because it is going away. I was told it would be renovated into an Italian restaurant during the Stars next overhaul. The up coming dry dock is pretty short notice, so it will be interesting if it comes to fruition.

Has anyone dined at the Soho on the Star lately? If so, how was it and do you have a copy of the menu? Any informatiion on the speciality rest. appreciated.

It has been about a year since we did, but we thougt it was good, a little less expensive than say Cagney's, great service and it wasn't very crowded. We went about 6:45 I think. I don't rmember the prices but I do know we had Lobster tails.

Nita

Eat up soon if you like Soho, because it is going away. I was told it would be renovated into an Italian restaurant during the Stars next overhaul. The up coming dry dock is pretty short notice, so it will be interesting if it comes to fruition.

We heard that rumor, too. But the HD told us the decision had not been made as of December 2009 as Soho on the Star was popular.

Yum - beef tenderloin and lobster tails!

We heard that rumor, too. But the HD told us the decision had not been made as of December 2009 as Soho on the Star was popular.

Yum - beef tenderloin and lobster tails!

Boy I hope they don't close it, but guess we have little say so in the matter. I am sure the company will do what they think is best and they could use a better Italain restaurant.

Nita

I've heard this, too. Turning Soho into an Italian restaurant would make it similar to the set-up on the Dawn, the Star's sister ship. That would free up the space that La Trattoria takes up, allowing them to provide more seating for the adjacent buffet.

I am with NMNita....DDP and I loved Soho...when we sailed Star, Thanksgiving 2008. If you want to see our review, its posted on the member reviews....I go into some detail about the dishes we loved.

Enjoyed your review - thank you.

Archived