Space Shuttle Launch Feb 7th

MiMiof2

Endeavour is scheduled to be launched from Kennedy Space Center Feb 7th at 04:39 am........

And we will be on Sensation, returning from The Bahamas at that time !

Not holding my breath, however. They do tend to cancel frequently :(.

Has anyone here seen a shuttle launch from their ship ?

chances are it will not launch on the 7th . cold weather is a no no with shuttle launches . the low Sat night is going to be 43 ' . night shots are the best , if you ever get a chance to see one up close ( several miles away ) do it .

Hubby and I saw the shuttle launch from our plane on the way to the Valor in 2006!!!! It was the first night launch in many years and was quite the amazing experience! The pilot banked the plane so everyone could see. Not sure exactly how far we were from Canaveral when we went by but it was clear as day, and amazing!

To see a lunch in person is a dream for me, something I need to do soon before they stop flying, maybe by the end of next year. I got the closest when we were in Tampa during a night launch . . . even from that far away it was something I will never forget.

We are leaving on the Valor on Feb 21, getting into Florida two days before. I am almost hoping for a delay that launches that late . . . although I am a space fan/geek and I hate to see NASA stumble.

The night launches are awesome! And my favorite...We always watch them from our house...if I were you I would get up just to watch it and if its a scrub then go back to bed :) but since its supposed to be the last I would try and see it if you can :D

Endeavour is scheduled to be launched from Kennedy Space Center Feb 7th at 04:39 am........

I don't believe that NASA launches any shuttles from a ship.

We plan to be there for this on Sunday before our cruise out of Miami. Flew in to Florida last night, since the original launch date was scheduled for this morning. No more delays please!! I see there are several of you that live in the area. Anyone have thoughts to the best free places to see the launch? I understand there will be lots of traffic afterwards. Also keep in mind we need to get to Miami through super bowl traffic for our cruise out of Miami that afternoon. :D Thanks in advance!

LOL that made me laugh.

DH works at the space center:)

I grew up in this area and along with the space center (yes, I even went to Astronaut High). Doesn't matter how many launches I've seen, I always feel a sense of awe.

Seeing a launch from a cruise ship would be a unique experience!

I have. It wasn't from a cruise ship, but I was lucky enough to witness a nightime shuttle launch from the deck of my U.S. Navy Destroyer many years ago. We were less than 50 miles off the coast (perhaps much less....can't remember exactly) and it was a truly awe-inspiring sight! I used to have some photos of it, but somehow they have gone missing in one of my many relocations since then, but I'll never forget it!!

My DW and I also witnessed a daytime launch a couple of years ago. We had snuck off to WDW for a quick Disney vavaction without the kiddos. We were on a bus from the Animal Kingdom that afternoon when we saw the Shuttle taking off. Even from that distance it was pretty cool to see

We have lived 5 miles south of the Space Center for the past 9 years and I believe we have seen every Shuttle launch as well as launches from the Air Force launch center.

On our street hardly anyone comes out anymore for the launches unless it IS The Shuttle, this is supposed to be the last night launch EVER!!!

Our President is NOT much in favor of funding NASA:eek:!!!

Not from a cruise ship, but I have seen a shuttle and a weather sat launch from the deck of my own sailboat. One of those memories of a lifetime. 2AM, full moon night with a blackhawk helo flying around overhead making sure that we were the good guys.

On our very first CCL cruise on the Fantasy we saw a Sun morning launch from the ship as we were docking at Port Canaveral. The next year we were sailing on the Fantasy again and they had a launch the morning we were sailing. So we have been lucky enough to see two launches thanks to Carnival.

I too saw a launch from the Fantasy. I believe it was the space telescope launch a long, long time ago. The captain came on the PA system to let everyone know about the launch and told us which way to look. We were probably 50 miles away at sea but you could still see it very well but no sound. The top deck was full at the time!

We were close, sailing out of Port Canaveral the day of a scheduled launch, but like today, they postponed it. :(

The Sensation was rocking pretty good Sat night.

Even with Meclizine I was too seasick to get up.

Was so disappointed thinking I had missed it.

I do feel bad for the ones who were able to make it & missed it due to it being scrubbed till this AM.

Me - I am back to work tonight :(

Archived