New to the Board and Celebrity

sassystyxfan

Hi there! Just thought I'd poke around here before our Mexican Riviera cruise on Mercury this April. Glad you all are here sharing your tips and experiences.

Anyone else leaving from San Francisco on April 24, 2005? I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the pier (probably a friend driving us from Fairfield, CA). Blue Shuttle quoted $129 plus $10 per person. Seems high, no?

Dunno about the SF expenses...we're doing the Mexican Riviera on the Summit, Sept 30-Oct 10...when you get back, let us know how it was, PLEASE!! :D

Have a wonderful time, and welcome to the Cruise Critic boards!!

Hey, Sassy...love your screen name, I assume you're a big Styx fan? Do you go to many of their concerts? If so, you might know my sister...she's a longtime fan of the band and goes to many concerts, and knows the guys well.

You'll love Mercury -- we cruised her to Alaska. You'll have a great time!

LeeAnne

That sounds a bit high to me...

Have you tried local limo services...

Last cruise we found a limo service that cost less than the shuttle!!

You could always drive to Richmond and take the BART to Embarcadero and get a cab from there...

Maybe if you promised to bring Jelly Bellies...

If there are several of you coming, there is a covered parking garage at 55 Francisco - about two blocks from the pier. We park there and wheel our luggage over - no problem. Last time it was $12 in advance (in cash) each day, with a 10 day cruise counting as 11 days. They like to have a reservation made. Nancy

Hey, Sassy...love your screen name, I assume you're a big Styx fan? Do you go to many of their concerts? If so, you might know my sister...she's a longtime fan of the band and goes to many concerts, and knows the guys well.

You'll love Mercury -- we cruised her to Alaska. You'll have a great time!

LeeAnne

I AM a big Styx fan. A friend I met on Styxboard gave me the name because of a haircut - he said it looked sassy! I go to concerts when they're in our area (some people fly places to see them!), and am hooked. I have met some of the boyz too - they are so nice to the fans. Wasn't a fan till I went to my first show in 2000. ANYWAY...who is your sister?

Can't WAIT till the cruise. We love Royal Caribbean - the Voyager was a phenominal ship, but decided to go Celebrity since we wouldn't have to fly to get to the pier. I HATE flying. Scares me to death. SO - that's my story!

That sounds a bit high to me...

Have you tried local limo services...

Last cruise we found a limo service that cost less than the shuttle!!

You could always drive to Richmond and take the BART to Embarcadero and get a cab from there...

Maybe if you promised to bring Jelly Bellies...

Careful, Steve...jelly bellies is a very good offer!

I may check the Davis Airporter and see what they say. Otherwise, that limo thing is sounding really good! Hadn't thought about that. Thanks

lois....be careful who you let into the family....she could be a spy from carnival:)

Now THAT was funny!

Just so you guys know...Styx had a cruise show package deal thing and I didn't go to that BECAUSE it was on Carnival. So there you go!

And thank you to everyone for the warm welcome here.:)

Sassy

There are several of us going on that April 24th cruise on the Mercury/ Come over to the roll call board as we hava thread going there. Also, make sure you sign-up for the Celebrity Connection, we have meet really nice people thru the party on the ships

Sassy

There are several of us going on that April 24th cruise on the Mercury/ Come over to the roll call board as we hava thread going there. Also, make sure you sign-up for the Celebrity Connection, we have meet really nice people thru the party on the ships

Did both - thanks for letting me know. Sure hope more sign up!

Archived