Venice accomodations

riki

It seems very difficult finding a place to stay overnight where you dont have to carry your own luggage from the water taxi. Any suggestions?

Thanks Riki

not sure we understand your question. There are quite a few hotels and B&Bs within a few yards of a water TAXI landing. On the other hand it is often a bit further from a water BUS (vaporetto) stop. If you are taking a water taxi, most of the highest rated B&B/ hotels on trip advisor are within a few yards. Let us know exactly what you are looking for.

We´ve been staying at the Residenza Cannaregio

the hotel had a water taxi stop of its own as I´ve seen at many better hotels in venice. If you decide on a hotel give them a call or mail them directly if they have a water taxi stop.

Just keep in mind, that a water taxi is pricey. It may be way cheaper to take the bus from marco polo airport to piazzale roma and the vaporetto from there to your destination...

I love this website. So much valuable information, with hotel accommodations listed too for each area.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

Another one I like for hotels is www.venere.com It has a map showing the location of the hotel.

Check them out, see if something catches your eye. Then go to www.tripadvisor.com for reviews.

I chose to stay in Piazzale Roma, then take the vaporetta to San Marco Piazza. Think bus in any other city, vaporetta in Venice.

Have a great trip!

Many hotels on the side canals have water taxi entrances, including the very reasonable Al Ponte Mocenigo, perenially highly-rated on sister website tripadvisor. Only 40 flat yards from the St. Stae vaporetto stop on the Grand Canal, but also having a private water taxi entrance off of a side canal right into the lobby.

We stayed at Ca' Doge--right on Piazzale Roma. Here are its reviews in TripAdvisor. We stayed there because we were driving in and did not want to leave the car at the Tronchetto or the massive parking lots near Piazzale Roma. Good thing too as were arrived on a Sunday and no parking available in the nearer garages.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d573620-Reviews-Ca_Doge-Venice_Veneto.html

It seems very difficult finding a place to stay overnight where you dont have to carry your own luggage from the water taxi. Any suggestions?

Thanks Riki

If you stay near Piazzale Roma or across near St.Lucia train station (across the bridge, lots of hotels there) you wouldn't need a water taxi to transport luggage. To see hotels that are close to Piazzale Roma go to http://maps.google.com/ and paste "hotel loc: Piazzale Roma, 30135 Venezia, Italy" in the search box

We stayed at Hotel Marconi right on the Grand Canal by the Rialto Bridge. Fabulous location but you want the balcony room to take in all the action happening there. It is just a short walk to the hotel doors if you take a private water taxi.;)

We stayed at Locanda Orseleo this past summer. The owners are exeptional, right on a small canal , near St. Marks can't be beat. Rated #1 B&B inVenice by Trip Advisor. If you are taking a water taxi they take you literally right to the door. They have a door that opens from the sitting area right on to the canal see pics at Trip advisor

We stayed at Locanda Orseleo this past summer. The owners are exeptional, right on a small canal , near St. Marks can't be beat. Rated #1 B&B inVenice by Trip Advisor. If you are taking a water taxi they take you literally right to the door. They have a door that opens from the sitting area right on to the canal see pics at Trip advisor

I'm sure it is an absolutely elegant B&B, at 270 EUR or $372 per night, it certainly better be. That was a little rich for my pocketbook.

I used http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/ then went to www.tripadvisor.com for reviews. I ended up staying at Ca Doge' right in Piazzale Roma. I fell in love with photos on their website and decided to splurge to 175 EUR or $241 per night. It was great, Piazzale Roma has the taxi's, buses, vaporetto stop, information kiosk, bridge to train station. All handy. I did notice another hotel across the piazzale, Hotel Santa Chiara and it sits right on the Grand Canal. It also looked very nice, and at 199 EUR or $274 still a reasonable rate for Venice.

OP, only you can decide what you want to pay and where you want to stay. Have fun planning, then taking your trip!

Archived