Flight from VCE to ATL or JFK

sltb47

We are looking at flights with Delta from VCE to ATL. There is a 1 hour 50 min layover at CDG arriving at Terminal 2F and leaving from Terminal 2E. We have the directions, so does this just require getting to Terminal 2E, going through security and finding our gate? Have read so much about problems at CDG. Our other option is VCE to JFK, but then we have to go to La Guardia in order to get a flight to our closest airport which is TRI (in TN). Has anyone ever experienced going from JFK to LGA? All suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

There is a bus traveling between JFK and LGA. Cost is something less than $15 per person. Scheduled trip time is about an hour but while the distance is only 12 miles, the trip can take most of your life -- depending upon day and time of travel, road conditions, etc.

Taxis and limos are, of course, also available.

At CDG: keep in mind that many of the flights load and unload via buses which considerably increases the time needed to make a connection. 1h50m should be plenty of time.. if your flight arrives on time. Walking between terminals is almost always the fastest way.

All flights from VCE on AF arrive at T2F, and it's an easy connection over to T2E. Just take the tunnel between the two buildings - much faster and easier than the airside buses or the landside buses.

Personally, I would rather do a 50 minute connect at CDG than a JFK-LGA connect in New York. Maybe even prefer a root canal (but then, I have a pretty good dentist). :)

We are looking at flights with Delta from VCE to ATL. There is a 1 hour 50 min layover at CDG arriving at Terminal 2F and leaving from Terminal 2E. We have the directions, so does this just require getting to Terminal 2E, going through security and finding our gate? Have read so much about problems at CDG. Our other option is VCE to JFK, but then we have to go to La Guardia in order to get a flight to our closest airport which is TRI (in TN). Has anyone ever experienced going from JFK to LGA? All suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you check US-Air I believe they have direct from Philly to Venice. Delta used to also have a direct from Atlanta to Venice 2 years ago as well. Both might be worth looking at unless sold out. My personall experience with CDG ( just once ) but enough that I'd avoid that airport if at all possible :D

Did you check US-Air I believe they have direct from Philly to Venice. Delta used to also have a direct from Atlanta to Venice 2 years ago as well. Both might be worth looking at unless sold out. My personall experience with CDG ( just once ) but enough that I'd avoid that airport if at all possible :D

I first checked for this flight in Nov 2009 and at that time Delta had a direct flight from Venice to Atlanta but now the only direct is to JFK.

That's right, but having a dig around on the Delta website it looks like the non-stop (better than direct!) flights have ended by the time that sltb47 disembarks from the Ruby Princess on 8 October 2010.

I don't know whether there's a specific reason why sltb47 is keen to fly to/from ATL. There's a number of other international gateways within striking distance of Virginia which could provide other alternative routings, including connections at friendlier European hubs and trans-Atlantic flights on non-US airlines.

Archived