When was your first cruise?

kkmonga

What ship did you sail on when your took your first cruise? Mine was the Carnivale, February 14, 1982! I sailed solo in a guaranteed quad-share. I was hooked for life! Preparing for my 28th cruise on the Triumph this March (19th Carnival cruise.)

Mine was 1999 on the Paradise...when it was still a complete non-smoking ship. My wife's parents went on 2 before us and watching their home movies of the trips made my wife and I decide on a cruise for our Honeymoon! We were hooked right away!

My first cruise was in March 2007 on the Carnival Sensation. I will never forget the first time I saw the cruise ship. I knew it was going to be big, but I had no idea just how big. It was such a great cruise and an awesome experience. I am now booked on my third cruise. We'll be sailing on the Carnival Dream in March 2011...my first 7 day cruise. I'm totally hooked on cruising!

August 2006 Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. cruised for about 3 days then got married on Grand Cayman Island then cruised some more! I had always wanted to go on a cruise so when my then boyfriend (now husband) suggested it, it was a double dream come true.

Since then we've done a HAL cruise (Westerdamn) I didn't like that one so much but a bad cruise is better than a good day at work! We have another FOS cruise comming up in August and then our FIRST CARNIVAL cruise in January 2011. The Carnival one will be on the Miracle !!!

After raising our kids we went on our first cruise in Oct. 2008, the Halloween cruise!! Originally scheduled for Sept. 08 for our 30th wedding anniversary, birthday and teacher retirement. Our cruise experiences have been wonderful and we are addicted even though something has happened on each of the cruises. First one cancelled due to the HURRICANE in Galveston. 2nd one extended due to SWINE FLU and our recent one in Jan., we were in Cozumel when the EARTHQUAKE hit not far off in Haiti. Seas got rough, we heard TSUNAMI!!!! Ha........ Soooo crazy us, what do we do? Plan another one on Sept. 11, 2010 on Triumph...Traveling with us could be dangerous!!!!!:eek:

SS United States

June 1962 La Havre to New York

The ship has been rusting away along the Delaware river waterfront in Philadelphia for several years now. It breaks my heart every time I see her there.

I was on her sister ship the SS Constitution - New York to Rome - in the summer of 1968. But my first cruise was aboard the SS Rose - New York to Bremerhaven in the summer of 1962. The Constitution was the ship featured in the I Love Lucy episodes where they cruise to Europe. It is also the ship that took Grace Kelly to Monaco to marry Prince Rainier. And it is the ship they used in An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. Sadly, the Constitution sank in the Pacific in 1997 while under tow to be scraped.

I was on her sister ship the SS Constitution - New York to Rome - in the summer of 1968. But my first cruise was aboard the SS Rose - New York to Bremerhaven in the summer of 1962. The Constitution was the ship featured in the I Love Lucy episodes where they cruise to Europe. It is also the ship that took Grace Kelly to Monaco to marry Prince Rainier. And it is the ship they used in An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. Sadly, the Constitution sank in the Pacific in 1997 while under tow to be scraped.

Oops! Just checked and the Constitution's sister ship was the Independence, not the United States.

Not sure if this is considered a cruise but 1983, Miami to Freeport, Bahamas, overnight cruise, we had a cabin but not everyone did. Stayed for 3 days in Freeport and took the ship back to Miami. Do not remember the ships name, wish I did. Anyway rediscovered cruising last year.

Disney Magic - western Caribbean - Feb 2006 with husband and three teens. Very expensive, totally awesome and would encourage anyone with kids / grandkids to give it a try. I'd love to do it again some time - 15 years with a grandchild maybe:eek:

Archived