When was your first cruise?

kkmonga

1979! I was 16 and my parents sent my 14 year old brother, 12 year old sister and I on the QEII transatlantic crossing from Southhampton, England to NYC by ourselves! It was a blast needless to say! We ate like pigs! My dad flew from London to NYC to pick us up (and drive us to our grandparents) and when he saw us come off the ship his first words were, "You are all so fat!" LOL! Since then I have been on several more cruises and have to say it is one of my favorite ways to vacation. I have three boys and when each of them turned 12 they got to pick a cruise to take with me for a Mother-Son bonding trip! My husband teases me and says I started the tradition just so I could go on more cruises:-) Sadly, my youngest is almost 13. I'll have to start a new tradition-18 year old cruises!

Mine was the MS Sunward 2 on NCL in the summer of 1978. Three day out of Ft. Lauderdale. The ship was chock full of 18 year old HS grad girls from GA. God I had fun with a different one each day/night.;)

March 1998 four nights on Fantasy. I HATED it. I said never again!

Fast forward to honeymoon planning in 2000. Took forever to decide what we wanted to do for our trip. We couldn't get flights to work for our 1st choice which was an all inclusive in St. Lucia. Couldn't get flights into Aruba our 2nd choice. By this time we were only about 4-5 weeks out from the wedding (in June!). Our TA brought up cruising and the fact that we were really running out of time. So I said whatever, let's just get something done. She booked us on the Enchantment of the Seas for 7 nights in a balcony and I loved it that time!:D

Our first cruise was on Carnival's Celebration in November 1993. Took us 7 years before we went again. Now it seems we are cruising once a year. :D

I love it. Ours was October 1991 aboard Carnival's Celebration, and it was six years before we cruised again. We will be doing our sixth and seventh cruises B2B aboard Carnival Spirit this September.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

My first cruise was the Imagination in 2005. We sailed during Hurricane Wilma, were re-routed to the Bahamas, and got an extra couple of days on board. Coming back into Miami, the waves were so high they came and bolted a big steel plate over the window in our cabin. And yet, despite all that, I was hooked on cruising!

Our first was August 2002 on the Elation when it was sailing from San Pedro. I took my 2 kids as a single mom. They were 6 and 12 and I thought it would be a once in a lifetime event for us! WRONG!! We were all hooked. After getting off they told me they didnt want to go to Disneyland they wanted to cruise again!

We are all now platinum, with 3 cruises booked this year!! We will be at 18 cruises in 9 years:eek:

My first cruise was in December 1978, RCCL's Song Of Norways 2nd maiden voyage. I was 17 years old and it was an early high school graduation present from my Mom. We cruised out of Miami to San Juan, St. Thomas and the Dominican Republic.

My husband and daughter's first cruise was in November 2008 on Carnival's Holiday out of Mobile. We are coming up on our fifth cruise in March on the Inspiration and have our 6th cruise coming up in June on the Fascination.

Very fun tread. Epirotiki Apollon II Round trip Athens...1980. One week.

Next one..1992 Costa Riviera. One week. Then few shorter ones.

Apollon II was originally an old Irish passenger ship originally from late '50's I think.

Then she went down under another name in the later 1980's.

Very very small ship. Very tiny inside cabin with wall fold-down bed...fabulous experience. Budget cruise after studies overseas. sjn911

A 'long time ago' -- back in the late 80s,,, I cruised on Carnival on the Carnivale.... had an inside room, bunk beds, and the worst bathroom ever, when we took a shower, the toilet paper got wet, and you had to wade thru the water that did not drain to get to the toilet. it was a long time before a dared cruise again!

Archived