L-Shaped extendedbalcony rooms

Everlast

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in the balcony rooms in the rear of the glory and valor sized ships. They are the last in line on the upper deck but still face the side of the ship. the balconys are twice the size of the regular ones and the room looks to wrap around some rear stairs. It makes the room face the opposite of a regular balcony. Does anyone have a description or pictures of what they look like. The curiosity is kiling me. thanks in advance,

I stayed in one on the Destiny a couple of years ago and loved it. The bigger balcony was great and the room seems larger the way it is laid out. I really can't describe it, but if you do a search, I remember seeing pictures of it someplace.

Bethwte- that is a different clas ship and the suites are slighlty different than the Conquest class.

I believe the poster is asking about cat 9, which on the Conquest class are at the rear with the wraparound balcony, the suites are only in the middle.

We had a cat 9 booked for the Glory- but changed it after finding out a few things---my pvp described it to me exactly---the room has no sofa, just one chair and the way the room is arranged, it seems smaller than the cat 8's- except for the bed area which seems bigger because of all the windows.

Now the balcony is an awesome size and does in fact wraparound.

For our particular sailing is was 250.00 more per person and we dont spend THAT much time on the balcony, so we changed it to a cat 8 d---I really couldn't justify the extra $$.

Now if you pkan on spending a LOT of time on your balcony--then you will love it!

Hope this helps...

Iluvdoxies info is correct. We stayed in 9A cabin 6452 on the Glory. The wraparound balcony is fantastic. Great view and lots of sun. We like to spend time on our balcony, and the room steward brought us 2 lounge chairs from the pool area that fit perfectly on the balcony. The cabin is roomy, lots of window space but oddly shaped because of it's location. The only down side to the cabin was the absence of a sofa. We didn't care because we enjoy the larger balcony. If you don't spend lots of time on the balcony, don't go for this category of cabin.

Thanks to all who have replied,

I am speaking of 6481, a cat. 8, sorry i should have given more information. I appreciate everyones assistance so far, hope to hear from somone who has sailed in this type room on the Valor or Glory. It looks great to me, with the enormous balcony but my wife is wooried about losing the couch. She sits there to read or do logic problems in the evenings after a day full of fun at the Ports. Have to rest those legs and recharge for the nightlife. Thanks again :) :) :) :)

We were in the "W" shaped room one floor below on the Destiny, an 8C. It has a couch and lots of closet space. Are you sure the "L" shaped rooms don't have a couch? The balcony was longer.

sls

We were in 7434 on the Glory. There was not a couch. There was a straight back chair and a table. The bed faces the balcony...I really liked that. The bathroom is a little tight to get in to. The door does not open all the way as it is right beside the bed. It worked o.k. for us! And we do love the large balcony.

Hope this helps!

Archived