MTD, 2nd seating, shows

hdavidson

We have cruised NCL and CCL. So unsure about how RCL operates. We will on SOS out of San Juan in April. Does this ship have MTD? I thought that I read somewhere that if we had late dinner we had to go to early show and vice versa, is this true. We usually enjoy late dining and then go to show after dinner, I take it this isn't possible???

Any ideas of how this works?

We have cruised NCL and CCL. So unsure about how RCL operates. We will on SOS out of San Juan in April. Does this ship have MTD? I thought that I read somewhere that if we had late dinner we had to go to early show and vice versa, is this true. We usually enjoy late dining and then go to show after dinner, I take it this isn't possible???

Any ideas of how this works?

I don't know anything about SOS, but here's how the RC ships I've sailed have operated:

If you sign up for early seating, you'll get out of dinner just in time for the second show. They time it that way for you.

If you sign up for late seating, you'll be able to go to the show, and you'll be out just in time for your dinner. They time it that way for you.

If you choose MTD, you are responsible for paying attention to the show times and planning your own dinner around whatever you care to see.

You're going to have a hard time having late seating AND seeing the late show. You can do both -- no problem -- but you'll have to choose.

Do all the ships have MTD?

All of the ships in the fleet now offer MTD.

There are usually two performances of the nightly show, one scheduled so that first seating guests can attend and one for second seating guests. Shows for second seating are sometimes scheduled for before dinner, and sometimes for after dinner. Your daily compass will inform you of the times for both shows. If you are in My Time Dining and want to see on of the shows you just need to plan your evening meal for a time that will allow you to attend one performance or the other.:)

I checked this board for my daily Cruise Compass newsletters to check the different show times. On the Mariner there was a show time every night at 9PM, and it worked for our cruise except one night.

So, we ate at 7:15 and made it to all the shows.

Archived