POM to FLL & What to do before flight

carolinesmom

We are a family of six cruising from POM buy flying in/out of FLL. I have a plan on the way in, but not for getting home. We are a family of 6. Will there be shuttles available at the port when we disembark to take us to FLL? What do they charge per person? Our flight doesn't leave until 3:38, so we won't be in a rush. Any thoughts on what we could do until the flight? We're going to have all of our luggage, so we're pretty limited. We're flying on Jet Blue. Does anyone know how that terminal is at FLL? I heard it was great at JFK, but haven't heard anything about FLL. Thanks!

I contacted SAS a while back and they sent me a quote of $13/person. I sent back an email with some questions and I never heard from them again. That led me to look for some other options. If there are plenty of shuttles available and the price is not much more, I'll just take what is there. But if that isn't going to work I need to book something. Anyone know?

Carolinesmom, I'm sure your cruise line offers an excursion that picks you and your luggage up at the pier, does an airboat Everglades tour, and drops you off at Fll. If you have a departure time later than 3:30pm, I feel this would be the way to go.

Rollie

Also may want to check with a hotel. Are you staying pre cruise? We are and the hotel that we are planning to stay at will let us come back post cruise and hang out at the pool. We won't have a room, but at least we can just sit back and relax for a few hours.

then I have contacted Quality Limo service who will take us from the Miami hotel back to FLL at 1:00. They quoted me $26 per person, but there are only two of us.

Contact SAS (www.ridesas.com) for shuttle service. Standard charge is $15-16 per passenger each way, but groups and kids usually get a discount. There were other shuttle operators trolling for FLL passengers when we cruised Miami last spring. Good luck!:)

On those price quotes, are you then changed extra for tolls (I assume tip being add'l...just checking if any other charges).

That is an interesting thought to go back to the pre-cruise hotel. We're staying at Gallery One Doubletree in Ft. Lauderdale. I will phone them to see if that will work. They are close to the beach, so perhaps we could have a nice lunch somewhere on the water before heading back to the airport. And maybe I'll just use their car service to get back. That is what we are doing to get from the hotel to POM. They quoted me $120 plus tip for a private car to take the 6 of us. I didn't think that was too bad. Thanks for the ideas.

We are a family of six cruising from POM buy flying in/out of FLL. I have a plan on the way in, but not for getting home. We are a family of 6. Will there be shuttles available at the port when we disembark to take us to FLL? What do they charge per person? Our flight doesn't leave until 3:38, so we won't be in a rush. Any thoughts on what we could do until the flight? We're going to have all of our luggage, so we're pretty limited. We're flying on Jet Blue. Does anyone know how that terminal is at FLL? I heard it was great at JFK, but haven't heard anything about FLL. Thanks!

I would rent a minivan off hotwire, drive to Las Olas and have a nice lunch outside at Big City Tavern or drive a little north and have a nice lunch on the beach at Aruba.

Archived