10 Inches and an Eartquake !!!!!!!!

thrltr

Do you mind keeping the white stuff to yourself?:D Especially the earthquake? :D:D We are in the midst of "your" blizzard, and are expecting 14 inches today. Schools are closed, and rumors are they will be tomorrow, also! We leave Friday morning to fly to Miami to board Liberty Saturday!:D:D:D

I am happy to report that we here in our part of the world have had very little snowfall and warmer than usual temperatures this winter. I know that it is bragging, but it is usually us who is buryed and freezing our noses off. Oh, and for us winter if still far from over, so we could still see a lot of the white stuff.

We woke up around 4 am (we live about 40 minutes outside of Chicago) and thought the winds were really getting intense. Then I found out this am that it was really an earthquake!!!

Now i have to shovel the driveway from the overnight snow. Liberty on Feb. 27!!!

This morning around 4am I FELT the EARTHQUAKE. The dog was going nuts about 5 min before and I told her to shut up and wait to go outside then all of the sudden everything on my nightstand was shaking and rattling, so weird! I leave on the Miracle Tuesday 16th but am flying in the day before to Ft. Lauderdale, so these next 5-6 days can't come soon enough for me! I find it as an omen. The gods are telling me to head south to Florida and take a cruise!! ;)

Earthquake was reported as 4.3 in Elgin IL

and OHare reported 12.5 inches of snow - but not enough snow for a snow day (my son couldn't believe he had to go to school today)

at least the cruise is booked!

LOL. I feel for your poor son. We shut down with 1-2 inches.:D

Man that is NO FAIR!....

Haiti had me all freaked out a couple week ago and laying in bed at around 1am I SWORE I felt and heard two small tremmors!...HAHA...I guess I was just a little early...and wasn't prepared for a THUNDERstorm in January here lolol...

We had school too but it was delayed an hour? Really...who needs that torture with 6 to get out the door in the mornings?

As my son's preschool teacher used to say when her students couldn't go outside for recess on rain/snow/too cold days:

"Let's find our "happy place", mine is at the beach, sitting in a lounge chair, under an umbrella, with a tall glass of lemonade."

We should all go to our "happy place" where there are no earth quakes, snow, ice, and predictions of -11:eek: (negative 11) temps!

So in the last 24 hours we in the Chicagoland area have had 10 inches of sno and an eartquake. I cant get wait to get the heck out of here and on the Liberty. March 20th cant come soon enough !!!!!:cool:

I don't know what's going on with the weather this year. Usually January and February are our snowy months here in Atlantic Canada but we've only had a couple snowstorms since December. Meanwhile the Northeast US is getting hammered.

Global warming I guess . . . . .

Northwest Ohio here! We leave 2 weeks from Sunday for Miami and our March 1st cruise to Cozumel, can't wait!!!!! I was just saying we have had such a mild winter and then bammmmmm we get hit with this mess over the last 2 days. Ready for some sun!

Archived