Info on Carnival Glory to Canada

browneyedwoman

We did that trip on the Carnival Triumph last summer. No tendering in either port and we docked downtown in both ports. In Halifax I would suggest renting a car--reserve in advance--and drive down to Peggy's Cove and Lunenberg for some wonderful coastal sights. You can stop at the Titanic cemetary on your way back. We also had time to walk around town and see the Titanic Museum on the water front. St. John we did boat trip along the river to the reversing falls. Nice trip but the falls were not the big deal we had heard about. We also did a walking tour around town and saw the local market place and a beautiful Anglican Church. The weather can be dicey any time of year so bring rain gear and a sweater or three along with shorts and bathing suits.

Thank you all for the info. I'm glad that we don't have to go through tendering. It will be much easier for my parents to be able to just walk off the ship.

I don't know if we would want to see anything that talks about the Titanic since we'll be on a cruise. I think it get me worried - LOL.

I was looking at some of the excursions and saw one that was a lobster bake and another that was a bar crawl/parade in the streets. They both sound fun for my DH and I although I don't think my 74 year old parents are up for a pub crawl.

I heard that the weather was going to be in the low 80's/high 70's. Is this accurate? Is it reasonable to think that we could wear shorts and swim during the days at sea.

We did that trip on the Carnival Triumph last summer. No tendering in either port and we docked downtown in both ports. In Halifax I would suggest renting a car--reserve in advance--and drive down to Peggy's Cove and Lunenberg for some wonderful coastal sights. You can stop at the Titanic cemetary on your way back. We also had time to walk around town and see the Titanic Museum on the water front. St. John we did boat trip along the river to the reversing falls. Nice trip but the falls were not the big deal we had heard about. We also did a walking tour around town and saw the local market place and a beautiful Anglican Church. The weather can be dicey any time of year so bring rain gear and a sweater or three along with shorts and bathing suits.

What a great idea! I love lighthouses and Peggy's Cove light is nice.

Archived