Chumley Bear Cruise Nov 2010

garyinftl

Woof, my partner and I just booked the Chumley Bear Cruise for this year November 6-13, 2010. Looks like a good itinerary -- several places we have never been before. We did the Chumley in 2004 but have not been back since. Should be fun. Any other guys book this yet?

Gary and Mike, Fort Lauderdale

My partner and I did Chumley's 2009 cruise which was on Costa so I suspect someone hasn't edited the text correctly. They announced the 2010 cruise on the last day or two of our cruise and its definately on Princess. There were about 300 guys so Miami Spartan its not a full ship charter like Atlantis but they do have private parties and other events just for the Chumley group. Also, the had three private excursions on our cruise. We had a good time, good group of guys...Costa left much to be desired, so everyone seemed pleased with the return to Princess. Mike and I aren't currently planning on going this year - we probably would but some friends who are new to cruising want to take a cruise in October and don't want to be with a bear group (which surprizes me given they are one!) so we are looking at a 5 dayer instead.

My partner and I did Chumley's 2009 cruise which was on Costa so I suspect someone hasn't edited the text correctly. They announced the 2010 cruise on the last day or two of our cruise and its definately on Princess. There were about 300 guys so Miami Spartan its not a full ship charter like Atlantis but they do have private parties and other events just for the Chumley group. Also, the had three private excursions on our cruise. We had a good time, good group of guys...Costa left much to be desired, so everyone seemed pleased with the return to Princess. Mike and I aren't currently planning on going this year - we probably would but some friends who are new to cruising want to take a cruise in October and don't want to be with a bear group (which surprizes me given they are one!) so we are looking at a 5 dayer instead.

Wondering what tour company you used to visit Egypt and how was the trip?

RN_DEW@YAHOO.COM

Wondering what tour company you used to visit Egypt and how was the trip?

RN_DEW@YAHOO.COM

We sailed on NCL from Athens to Istanbul with port calls in a number of Greek Isles and an overnight in Alexandria...if you are asking which company we used to do our daytrip from Alexandria it was Nile Blue. Highly recommend them.

Clay not going this year? Need to work some mojo on your friends and talk them into it.

I've already got my deposit down! but then again I had mine down almost since the moment it was announced we were headed back to Princess. Yea!

welcome Gary and Mike!

Yea Wisebear, they are being a little slow to updated the website.

MiamiSpartan this group cruise is always in the first part of november I think because the rates for those weeks are very affordable and its late in hurricane season. The group the last couple years has been over 300 and is expected to push 400 this year as if I remember correctly I got an email a couple weeks ago saying they are already over the 200 mark.

Edited by bbenson

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked this cruise today. First cruise with Chumley. Long ways still to go. I have also booked the precruise hotel for Thursday and Friday nights.

Looking forward to chatting with many over the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

welcome terrycoog and jimmynterry glad to have yall with us. Make sure you're subscribed to the yahoo group because thats where most of the information comes from... we just kinda chat around here... and of course it picks up a bit as we get closer to time to go

I think I would like to try a bear cruise...even though I dont fit that category (folicly challenged).

Too bad on the schedule this year as I disembark the RSVP Hawaii cruise on Nov 6th.

So I'll shoot for the following year.

I sailed the Crown Princess last Dec 5th...had a great time. Princess has always been gay friendly as far as I am concerned.

I would like to learn more about these bear group cruises....is there some site that reviews them in detail or can someone on this thread fill me in.

Thanks

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
I think I would like to try a bear cruise...even though I dont fit that category (folicly challenged).

Too bad on the schedule this year as I disembark the RSVP Hawaii cruise on Nov 6th.

So I'll shoot for the following year.

I sailed the Crown Princess last Dec 5th...had a great time. Princess has always been gay friendly as far as I am concerned.

I would like to learn more about these bear group cruises....is there some site that reviews them in detail or can someone on this thread fill me in.

Thanks

Tom

I don't know of any website that actually reviews the bear cruises but I can try to help you out... this particular bear cruise is usually 300-400 guys of various shapes/sizes/ and furdom... Now that being said it Does tend to lean more toward 30-60 something gentleman who enjoy dinner time far more than rock climbing and nearly everyone does sport facial hair of one sort or another. That said I've found its a very inclusive group and any gays that happen to be on the same ship do tend to gravitate towards the bears.

For the most part its just a bunch of friendly homo's that like to have fun. It's a fairly reserved group you won't see a ton of PDA other than a quick hug or peck on the lips but what goes on behind closed doors....well... thats up to each person to decide.

There are always a couple extra "parties" set up by Chumley and Paul and usually include a bar or nightclub given to the group for our own private party by the cruise line for a couple nights each cruise. Historically there has been a welcoming party with free drinks and a pool party with free drinks as well as 1-2 dances (no free drinks). Outside of that I can tell you last year almost every night the bears invaded the disco and really you'd have no way of knowing you weren't in a night club in dallas, or houston, or chicago, etc. And there are also usually a couple get togethers hosted in private cabins, usually in one of the larger suites, where everyone is invited to bring something to share and hang out and have fun.

Chumley and Paul also set up several group only excursions for the cruise with 1 or 2 per port and a lot of these involve snorkeling or sailboating or something fun but not overly taxing.

It's a fun trip.... if you're seriously not into bears or disgusted by non-gym bunny bodies then this isn't the trip for you... but if you're just looking for a low key group that likes to eat and drink and have a good time then you might give it a shot.

If you check on youtube or other sites there are some videos from previous years.

Jimmynterry that is now available on b411

Hugs to all!

Brian

I hope there will be a bear cruise in 2011....I would give it a try.

Dont need attitude, and have found bears not to have it...just friendly guys.

On the RSVP cruises...usually put bear traps out...and placed honey pots outside my cabin door...LOL

Oh, and I prefer dining over rock climbing, but hanging out at the pool goes without mention....maybe with some pizza!

Will follow the Chumley schedule with anticipation.

Thanks for the info.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...