Last minute question.......do they have hair dryers on board

happycruiser1942

we leave in the morning from Ohio with tons of snow, so now I'm worrying about everything..........

Do they have hair dryers on board or do I have to take my own???:eek:

If you are in CC, there will be both a hand held dryer and one that is attached to the wall. I am not sure about non CC rooms; the one attached to the wall I did not like at all. Enjoy your cruise away from all your snow... we will be leaving for our cruise on the Millennium a month from tomorrow... woke up to 4 degrees this morning, with our recent snowfall glistening in the bright sunshine... would much rather see green grass and blue water! Have a great time!

For future reference, since I am sure you are busy enough getting ready to go today, I bought this hair dryer (at Bed, Bath and Beyond) a year or so ago... very small, very light, with dual voltage for international travel and works really well:

9595815889489P.JPG

If you are in CC, there will be both a hand held dryer and one that is attached to the wall.

FYI - - On the Solstice this is no longer the case. In AQ cabins anyway, there is just one 1200W handheld hair dryer per cabin. Nothing in the bathroom.

FYI - - On the Solstice this is no longer the case. In AQ cabins anyway, there is just one 1200W handheld hair dryer per cabin. Nothing in the bathroom.

ihave been on 3 ships and never saw anything in the bathroom..

345678021_J9LRE-M.jpg

Bring your own...the one in the bathroom is good for one thing only. After a shower the mirrors fog up and I take out one of the glasses you see in the picture below the mirror and place the wand part in there facing up and pointed towards the mirror. Defogs it a lot faster. Also if you try to use the bathroom one you will be in a super-humid environment as well.

On Solstice in January, balcony class 2B, the hair dryer was located in the drawer of the desk. It had a separate, non-standard plug, for which the outlet was located by the desk. If I hadn't happened to explore the desk drawer, I wouldn't have known it was there. As I recall, it seemed plenty powerful.

Archived