Alaska Eats & Drinks

NewToCruise22

What and where are the best places to eat and drink in Alaska? Specifically in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. I know we want to hit up Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau, but I'm looking for all suggestions. My DH is specifically interested in local bars where he can soak in the local flavor and drink a good beer. I am specifically interested in food (it's a downfall of mine)

We are on the Zuiderdam in June and I am feverishly planning - my husband thinks I'm addicted to CC and he's probably right. I'm probably crazy to think about eating in port because I know we'll get our fill of good food on the ship.

Thanks to all the experienced cruisers out there!

What and where are the best places to eat and drink in Alaska? Specifically in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. I know we want to hit up Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau, but I'm looking for all suggestions. My DH is specifically interested in local bars where he can soak in the local flavor and drink a good beer. I am specifically interested in food (it's a downfall of mine)

Thanks to all the experienced cruisers out there!

Juneau

Twisted Fish and The Hanger- bar red onion or is that Skagway.. (name) whatever- has sawdust on the floor and live muic.

Skagway= Fish Company bar on main street that was a saloon

Ketchican

bar- inside the 2 story building is a small bar with good Alaskan beer.

food-never ate-will soon

Skagway: Bonanza Bar & Grill in the Westmark or Skagway Brewing Company at 7th and Broadway.

Juneau: Hanger on the Warf near the corners of Egan, Marine and Main - you can watch the seaplanes land and take off.

Is Tracey's Crab Shack usually very crowded? We will be looking for a quick lunch in Juneau and that sounds like the perfect spot if there aren't huge lines....and if we can find it!:eek:

This is a little stand, with a roof, and some picnic tables set up under a tarp-type of thing. You stand in line to order, then they call your # when your food is ready.

I found it pretty darn slow the day I was there, given that there were only 3 people ahead of me.

It is right by the docks on Franklin, really easy to see, even tho it is set back a bit from the street.

We had dinner -- twice -- at the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage, and we thought the food and the beer were wonderful. DEFINITELY make a reservation, as otherwise it's often a two hour wait. (I know you didn't ask for Anchorage ideas but since most people end up in Anchorage, I thought I'd throw that in.)

I had the best crab legs I've ever had, and my husband LOVED the beer.

We had dinner -- twice -- at the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage, and we thought the food and the beer were wonderful. DEFINITELY make a reservation, as otherwise it's often a two hour wait. (I know you didn't ask for Anchorage ideas but since most people end up in Anchorage, I thought I'd throw that in.)

I had the best crab legs I've ever had, and my husband LOVED the beer.

This restaurant also has the best halibut and salmon we have ever eaten.

Archived