NCL Cruise Consultant:huge Mistake

roc1847

Just got off a cruise to nowhere on the Gem. Purchased the $250 deposite get $100 back promotion.

Not home a week when I get a call from an NCL consultant saying "Book now, we are giving away BIG bucks on board credit. I was going to book anyway so I said yes. It was very rushed. My main concern was being able to afford a suite that allowed use of private deck. The consultant said I'll give you AB catagory on the Jewel and you will have use of the courtyard. Done.

DH later asked how much on board credit we would recieve? I laughed because I forgot to ask. Called consultant on Sunday, she got back to me Wendsday, I said "I forgot to ask about the on board credit"

Much to my dismay she said "Well you don't have any at this time" WHAT??? I said the only reason i booked with you that night was because of the on board credit. She said well I got you an upgrade (the promotion going on right now, so SHE didn't get me anything")Oh my bad, she got me a coupon book.

Calling NCL right now.

Just got off a cruise to nowhere on the Gem. Purchased the $250 deposite get $100 back promotion.

Not home a week when I get a call from an NCL consultant saying "Book now, we are giving away BIG bucks on board credit. I was going to book anyway so I said yes. It was very rushed. My main concern was being able to afford a suite that allowed use of private deck. The consultant said I'll give you AB catagory on the Jewel and you will have use of the courtyard. Done.

DH later asked how much on board credit we would recieve? I laughed because I forgot to ask. Called consultant on Sunday, she got back to me Wendsday, I said "I forgot to ask about the on board credit"

Much to my dismay she said "Well you don't have any at this time" WHAT??? I said the only reason i booked with you that night was because of the on board credit. She said well I got you an upgrade (the promotion going on right now, so SHE didn't get me anything")Oh my bad, she got me a coupon book.

Calling NCL right now.

How far advanced did you book? There is a $300 OBC for suites if you book 9 months or more in advance.

You can always cancel and rebook when something better comes along.

Good Luck.

I might be REALLY wrong but I don't think that AB suites have access to the courtyard. You really should double-check this in case that was one of the main reasons you booked the AB. It would be a shame to think you can use the courtyard and then find out on embarkation that it's not available to use. Usually it's open only to suites A4 and above (all courtyard suites, owners suites and garden villas).

I might be REALLY wrong but I don't think that AB suites have access to the courtyard. You really should double-check this in case that was one of the main reasons you booked the AB. It would be a shame to think you can use the courtyard and then find out on embarkation that it's not available to use. Usually it's open only to suites A4 and above (all courtyard suites, owners suites and garden villas).

This is my understanding as well. The AB has been my favorite cabin so far.

I just booked and AB yesterday on the Gem, received a 300 OBC but my sailing is not until next year. The NCL suite guide on the website shows that the AB does not have courtyard access unfortunately.

Hi Lin. sure hope the OP comes back and acknowledges your post, and follows up, because you are absolutely correct. AB suites don't and never have had courtyard access.

Al

This is my understanding as well. The AB has been my favorite cabin so far.

I just booked and AB yesterday on the Gem, received a 300 OBC but my sailing is not until next year. The NCL suite guide on the website shows that the AB does not have courtyard access unfortunately.

This is correct, other than the cocktail party we did not have access to the courtyard with an AB category on the Gem.

Spoke with the supervisor of the NCL consultant that booked my cruise under false pretences.

I am so glade I called, if I didn't I would have gotten on the boat and found out I was lied to.

The supervisor ended up being my last cruise consultant which was great. He is someone I trust and he trust me he knew immediatly Jessica was being dishonest. First with the on board credit that I was not entittled to, and, sencond, promising private deck access.

He was just as upset as I was.

I will never trust just any cruise consultant that calls my home.

I'm paying an enormous amount of money and would not have gotten anything i expected.

Still can't believe that even after she screwed me continued to lie.

Spoke with the supervisor of the NCL consultant that booked my cruise under false pretences.

I am so glade I called, if I didn't I would have gotten on the boat and found out I was lied to.

The supervisor ended up being my last cruise consultant which was great. He is someone I trust and he trust me he knew immediatly Jessica was being dishonest. First with the on board credit that I was not entittled to, and, sencond, promising private deck access.

I'm paying an enormous amount of money and would not have gotten anything i expected.

So what was the result?

BTW I am amazed that anyone would pay for a suite on NCL, or any mass market line, when you can pay less and be on one of the 5 star luxury lines that are all inclusive, and where you get much better service, amenities, and TLC.

We sailed the Jewel from NYC to Miami on a 14 night repositioning cruise in early Nov and it was our worst cruise food experience (12 cruises). The food was not good in the main dinning room or the specialty restaurants. Howeve, other areas of the cruise were fair to good. If you are not satisfied with your booking cancel and rebook later. It is still a buyer's market.

wow, what a story> I guess this is something for everyone to remember: if you get an unsoliceted (spelling) call from anyone be very leary!!!!

Nita

We sailed the Jewel from NYC to Miami on a 14 night repositioning cruise in early Nov and it was our worst cruise food experience (12 cruises). The food was not good in the main dinning room or the specialty restaurants. Howeve, other areas of the cruise were fair to good. If you are not satisfied with your booking cancel and rebook later. It is still a buyer's market.

would you like to explain to all of us, 1-what the heck your experience with food has to do with the Ops problem and 2-if it was so bad, why are you even interested on reading or posting on these boards? You cruised 3 months ago, have never posted before and now, you just happen to appear out of nowhere: VERY INTERESTING!!!

Nita

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the supervisor is able to correct it. I had problems yesterday with my cruise consultant as well. Thankfully I was well informed from this board and could spot his lies a mile away. I called back this morning to talk with a supervisor, who is going to look into it. I'm still in shock at how much attitude the PCC gave me yesterday! I purposefully called and talked to someone else because I didn't want to deal with him, only to have that rep transfer me directly to the one I've had problems with!

So what was the result?

BTW I am amazed that anyone would pay for a suite on NCL, or any mass market line, when you can pay less and be on one of the 5 star luxury lines that are all inclusive, and where you get much better service, amenities, and TLC.

I would love it, if you gave even one example of a "5 star luxury line" which has a comparable stateroom (size and in room design) as the suites on NCL, for cheaper. Use an AA on the Jewel for 7 day cruise for 7k an find me something like it.

Al

So what was the result?

Wow, have you ever cruised in a suite on NCL???? :rolleyes: My DH and I are booked on the Pearl next January in an AE Penthouse that we are only paying $2,500 for the cabin and got a $300 OBC! :cool: What 5 star luxury line are you talking about that can beat that price and I'll give them a try... My last experience in an NCL suite was amazing!

Calling NCL right now.

We use the same NCL cruise consultant on every cruise and she is wonderful.. keeps us up to date with specials and calls every so often just to let us know what is on special... got us a free upgrade from an mini-suite to an AC suite last cruise and has been nothing but honest, professional and a pleasure to deal with... if you have a good one, keep him or her...

I would love it, if you gave even one example of a "5 star luxury line" which has a comparable stateroom (size and in room design) as the suites on NCL, for cheaper. Use an AA on the Jewel for 7 day cruise for 7k an find me something like it.

Al

You beat me to it...Have you ever heard anything so crazy :eek:

would you like to explain to all of us, 1-what the heck your experience with food has to do with the Ops problem and 2-if it was so bad, why are you even interested on reading or posting on these boards? You cruised 3 months ago, have never posted before and now, you just happen to appear out of nowhere: VERY INTERESTING!!!

Nita

Thanks for saying what I was thinking Nita! :)

wow, what a story> I guess this is something for everyone to remember: if you get an unsoliceted (spelling) call from anyone be very leary!!!!

Nita

With all the calls I receive from people who want to sell me something (either private or for my business) I ask to see the deal in writing (letter/fax/email) first. I never say "yes" to anything I do not have on paper. If they are not willing to put it in writing, saying "o, but you have to decide right away", then I KNOW it is dodgy. Sad, but almost always true. A serious salesman/woman wants to make longlasting deals, not a quick buck.

Archived