cruise ships return to Port Canaveral-what to do in area of Orlando Airport

Jeanne55555

Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice. My family and I are going on our first cruise on R.C. Freedom of the Seas, May 2-9th. The ship returns @7:00 to Port Canaveral. We are flying Continental. Our original return flight to Newark was at 2:45. Continental just changed the time of our flight (on their own) to 5:15. Now I'm wondering what we are going to do in the Orlando Airport area for ten hours. We already paid for R.C. transfers back to Orlando airport when we get off the ship. If any experienced cruises/travelers can advise me I would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :confused:

Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice. My family and I are going on our first cruise on R.C. Freedom of the Seas, May 2-9th. The ship returns @7:00 to Port Canaveral. We are flying Continental. Our original return flight to Newark was at 2:45. Continental just changed the time of our flight (on their own) to 5:15. Now I'm wondering what we are going to do in the Orlando Airport area for ten hours. We already paid for R.C. transfers back to Orlando airport when we get off the ship. If any experienced cruises/travelers can advise me I would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :confused:

Sorry that I posted same message 2 X's (can't figure out how that happened)

If an airline changes your schedule by more the 90 mins., you can cancel and rebook (with them or someone else) at no penalty.....if that won't work, how about a day room somewhere, so you'll have a bathroom, tv, pool, restaurant.....a place to call "home". That's a LOOOOOONG time to kill!

Keep in mind you won't be in the airport for 10 hours. If you take a leisurly morning, be one of the later ones off the ship, then the ride to the airport, deal with lines, security boarding etc. you might only have 4 hours to kill.

There is nothing worth seeing near the airport. In the airport there is a lot of shopping - large Disney and Universal stores in particular. There are some halfway decent sitdown restaurants and sports bars too.

If you think you'll go crazy in the airport, the Florida Mall is a fairly short car ride away - but you will need to rent a car to get there.

Cancel the RC transfer. Rent a car (the local rental agencies have a shuttle to pick you up) and go to one of the many attractions in the area (Sea World, Disney World ...). You can use the trunk of the rental car to store your luggage. Then turn the rental car into the airport and fly home.

Archived