won't sell me the cabin

Joie

On our upcoming cruise there are many many cabins left for 3+ and nothing on the Panorama deck for just 2. We have a group of 2 and a group of 3 with balcony cabins and would like to buyin on that deck....and when I search for 2 passengers it shows these cabins avail for sale for 2 people as well as 3+...the same cabin numbers come up in both searches....but when I called to upgrade, my PVP said they can't to it....if they did then they would get a call and have us moved or charge us for another person..........why??? They show avail if I am a new booking I can choose that cabin.....what is the problem?

I know it doesn't maek sense....cuz if I was a new booking,,,,I could grab the room for 2 no matter what.....unless when I call in they tell me no.....but if I booked on line and chose it....they would have to give it to me. I think maybe a higher up person needs to get involved....but she went and talked to a superviser to get the change ok'd and then came back and said can't do it.

You need to provide more details. When do you sail and are you early saver? I assume that you have at least 1 cabin currently booked, though you never specifically say that. Do you have one or two cabins booked and are trying to change to a different category?

It does make since from a business outlook. If there rooms available that

they can get 3 paid passages vs your 2 + upgrade. They will hold out until

the last few weeks to put 2 folks in a triple.

I have seen where there doubles and quads available on a ship. But they

will only sell BL guarantees for triples. Because they want those quads to sell

for more $$ first and give the BL the left over quad.

On our upcoming cruise there are many many cabins left for 3+ and nothing on the Panorama deck for just 2. We have a group of 2 and a group of 3 with balcony cabins and would like to buyin on that deck....and when I search for 2 passengers it shows these cabins avail for sale for 2 people as well as 3+...the same cabin numbers come up in both searches....but when I called to upgrade, my PVP said they can't to it....if they did then they would get a call and have us moved or charge us for another person..........why??? They show avail if I am a new booking I can choose that cabin.....what is the problem?

Especially on popular cruises they are not supposed to book cabins for less than the intended occupancy. Apparently some cruises they will not do so. On other cruises, if they book you they are instructed to inform you that you could be moved to a cabin for your number of passengers, if they turn-out to need your underbooked cabin. this is also specifically noted in the Cruise contract. Havin said that, the probability of being moved is apparently very small. ken

I'm a perfect example of this situation. Since we won't know until next week how much money we are getting back from Uncle Sam, we can't book our spring break cruise until then. There are three of us. So, let's say we were traveling on the same cruise as you and at the last minute we go to book a room and you got the last room available for 3 people. Get my drift? That's why I think they won't do it. Not to worry, I'm not going on your cruise!:D

Ha...no worry go ahead and book....the more the merrier.

we are booked in 2 cabins.....1 double and 1 triple on the veranda deck forward all the way front. Have always liked the panorama deck next to entrance doors and they have many cabins avail......so thought we would buy-in to that location. According to the website they are selling these for only $50 more than what we paid...Early Saver....and we sail in less than 7 weeks....so website shows when 2 guests are entered that the 3-person cabins are avail to buy.......so can't understand why I was told that I can't. I do understand that if they run out and need a triple it wouldn't be avail....so that is to me the only reason not to sell it............but the website IS sellling them and what will happen to those people who book it now as 2-persons...I know they will not have to move.....Oh well.....can't fight city hall. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

That's very true, I may call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

I've looked at cruises ahead of ours and the cabin numbers that are for 3 DO NOT come up when searching for 2-persons....so now they seem to be avail for either....but can't them to look at it.

It makes sense that Carnival does not want to lose the potential revenue for a third person in a 3 person cabin, so they would be correct in not booking it for 2 people.

However, as the date of sailing approaches they may be willing to do this, especially if they have a lot of other 3 and 4 person bookings, and the ship is nearing capacity.

I agree with that completely, but the problem I have is that they show avail NOW for sale for 2 people but won't let me upgrade cuz I am already booked.....

It could be that they think they are better off having an empty 3 person cabin versus having the empty 2 person cabin you have now. More potential people to book it.

But even if someone books the 3 person cabin as a double, they now have two booked cabins instead of one. Of course, you could argue that person would have booked the room you have now if you had booked the other room, but if it is not in as desireable a location, maybe they would have opted to book another sailing or another cruise line. You never know.

But at some point, if the ship is getting really full, they likely won't care. So best to stay in touch frequently. If that cabin does not sell you may be able to get it yet.

I agree with that completely, but the problem I have is that they show avail NOW for sale for 2 people but won't let me upgrade cuz I am already booked.....

That's because they've ALREADY sold you a cabin . . . now they want these other 3-per cabins available (if they have to) to another couple later on if not sold to a family of 3.

"bird in the hand . . . "

Have found out that the cabins are NOW open to anyone...no restrictions on how many people....2 or 3....but was told that it is not guaranteed I would get to stay there....might still get bumped.....and since we want adjoining balconies that would be terrible....

There have been a couple of times that we were denied booking a particular cabin because it was designed for three. They were all aft cabins, but I'm sure that was a coincidence. On one occasion, because there was only one aft cabin left, our PVP got a supervisor to approve the transaction, but she was unable to book it herself. As I understand it, they have to wait until the powers that be decide when they can stop observing the restriction, and that seems to be inconsistent.

well they have opened them up with no restrictions....but supposedly still told my PVP that it's not guaranteed we can stay there..........don't know where they would bump us to since seems the only ones left almost everywhere is 3-person cabins and quads.

It may be possible that your sailing has reached it's limit of 3rd guests ?

Even though there are still cabins left that can sleep 3 , inventory control may restrict the remaining cabins to double occ. only?

You may not see this restriction unless you actually attempt to complete a online booking for 3.

Princess does this often perhaps Carnival does also, as to not exceed onboard service .

Just a hunch!

I'm a perfect example of this situation. Since we won't know until next week how much money we are getting back from Uncle Sam, we can't book our spring break cruise until then. There are three of us. So, let's say we were traveling on the same cruise as you and at the last minute we go to book a room and you got the last room available for 3 people. Get my drift? That's why I think they won't do it. Not to worry, I'm not going on your cruise!:D

fyi, uncle sam is on delay due to snow in DC...jik u wanted the $ in hand...it could snowball;)

we were supposed to have ours deposited by 2/12, now the irs site is indicating it will be processed by 2/23+ 72 hrs for direct deposit.

Archived