Voyager - what shops are on ship?

txladycruiser

There is one shop on the Voyager that carries a very limited supply of toiletries. You might be able to buy film there -- not sure since we don't use film. The shop has watches and jewelry on one side. . . clothing, and miscellaneous items on the other.

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure most people use digital nowadays but someone could need more batteries or additional memory cards for their camera.

Karen

Almost anything you buy on board is fairly expensive (especially since passengers are always trying to get rid of on board credits (OBC) in the shop and spa). If you need soap or shampoo -- other than what is provided in your suite -- you could go to the spa. . . however, I'd only resort to that if I had loads of OBC.

The 'sundry' section is petite. I would not count on it for anything! e.g. They did not have any insect repellent.

There are a few perfumes...but I don't recall a selection of cosmetics [creams, lipsticks,etc]...perhaps someone else could elaborate. The prices in the salon are quite high but they do have nail polish,etc if you are desperate.

While we did not specifically seek out film, camera supplies or batteries,

remember that there no longer is a photographer w. his shop on board...so I wouldn't count on those either. Some ports offer opportunity for such purchases [e.g. Sydney] while others

So the caveat for all of us is try to be thoughtfully prepared/supplied!

The clothing selection is small and much, although not all, of it is logo.

On the whole I find the shop rather weak.

Is there a beauty shop (maybe in the Spa area)? We have a Baltic cruise booked for July and have also put down a deposit for the World Cruise 2011. There is no way I could go 5 months without a haircut or color, for that matter!!

Karen

Yes -- they have a new, lovely spa (including beauty shop) -- Canyon Ranch Spa. It has been on Regent since December - reports are very positive (although the prices are quite high).

We always take extra memory cards and rechargeable batteries

plus the charger.

If you take these with you it sure has to be a lot cheaper than

buying these items on board or tourist shop.

And at the risk of hijacking this thread, if you're planning on dropping big $$ for a Regent cruise, budget in another $150-200 for a new point-n-shoot digital camera. The performance and battery life are dramatically improved; enough so that it's pretty easy to justify an upgrade every year or two. Just MHO.

We now return this thread to it's original topic. :D

And at the risk of hijacking this thread, if you're planning on dropping big $$ for a Regent cruise, budget in another $150-200 for a new point-n-shoot digital camera. The performance and battery life are dramatically improved; enough so that it's pretty easy to justify an upgrade every year or two. Just MHO.

We now return this thread to it's original topic. :D

I've already gone camera shopping although I"m looking to upgrade my DSLR.

Karen

What Paula said about the gift shop's selection of sundries being petite is really true. My husband forgot his shaving cream, and since the first 2 days were sea days, couldn't buy any off ship.

Gift shop had none. I ended up getting some VERY expensive shaving lotion for him at the spa.

Archived