help me choose between cruisetours

ourfamilylovescruising

the first one we are looking at is a 12 night 2 nights in Denali ends in fairbanks which would be cool if we see the northern lights we will be there in september so does anybody know what are my chances for seeing them. the other one is a 13 doing resurrection bay cruise with lunch 1 night in Alyeska 2 nights in Denali 1 night in anchorage this one includes more but no stop in fairbanks. if anyone can help me decide I would be so thankful.

We say a little of the Northern Lights in August so you should have a better shot. The hotels will tak Nothern Lights weak up calls so you do not have to stay up waiting for them.

Fairbanks is ok to miss. A city is a city. I would go fot the 13 day cruise.

We say a little of the Northern Lights in August so you should have a better shot. The hotels will tak Nothern Lights weak up calls so you do not have to stay up waiting for them.

Fairbanks is ok to miss. A city is a city. I would go fot the 13 day cruise.

The Northern Lights are extremely chancy from all the information available. In eight cruises to Alaska we have seen the Northern Lights only once! We signed up for the wake up call in Fairbanks but the lights did not happen. We were told it was infrequent.

We happened to love Fairbanks. The Gold Dredge #8 and El Dorado Mine is exactly the sort of "hokey" quintessential tourist experience we look forward to! Then we did the cuisine tour with Chez World and loved it.

Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/ct2.html

Have a GREAT trip!

Unless you are willing to add significant TIME, do NOT expect any northern lights. I have seen them many times- but this includes two winter trips, and pure luck with many extra days in Fairbanks/Denali Park/Talkeetna.

I suggest you find out about the AREAS, of these cruisetours. Girdwood is hardly worth time, unless you are going to occupy it. The Bay cruise, is pretty worthless, in my opinion, completely missing, the potential of Kenai Fjords.

Seward, is certainly one of my high points, which most cruisetours completely miss, sounding like these possible choices??

the first one we are looking at is a 12 night 2 nights in Denali ends in Fairbanks which would be cool if we see the northern lights we will be there in September so does anybody know what are my chances for seeing them. the other one is a 13 doing resurrection bay cruise with lunch 1 night in Alyeska 2 nights in Denali 1 night in anchorage this one includes more but no stop in Fairbanks. if anyone can help me decide I would be so thankful.

the thing about Alyeska is the hotel.. and having dinner on the mts. i have not done it and decided against it to stay longer in Seward before my cruise. the views from the top are unreal.

to me any boat ride is worth it but i find that cruise lines give the shorter of everything but cost us more money. you need 2 nights in Denali to do things l Ike rafting or seeing Jeff king etc.

good luck deciding

Archived