Why does Ocho Rios, Jamaica receive so many negative reviews????

vacationchic1

I hope you are being sarcastic. If anyone said that my country (the USA) should be annexed to hell, I'd think they were making an unfair generalization, summary judgement based on supposition, preconception, and just plain pretension.

If I ever have a metal band, I'm gonna call it Annexed to Hell.. Our first album will be called Supposition, Preconception, and Pretension..

If I ever have a metal band, I'm gonna call it Annexed to Hell.. Our first album will be called Supposition, Preconception, and Pretension..

Is "Pretension" the one filled with overly long and self indulgent pieces? :confused:

First off, "Jamaica" is not a "port". It is one of the larger islands in the Caribbean. Ocho Rios is a port town. It makes up a very small portion of Jamaica. It is over run by cruise ships and has been for a long time. It has changed the whole aura of the area, as being over run by cruise ships always does. Jamaicans are big on respect, but I don't think they have much for all the miserable, negative toursits who get off their ships on their high horses expecting to hate the place and all those "horrible drug selling poor people".

Sorry, but if you have been to a port in Jamaica you have not been to the real Jamaica. You are enttitled to your view of the port, but understand if you are capable, that you have not seen a smidge of Jamaica until you have spent time there on a land based vacation. To judge a country by a port ridiculously overrun with toursits in just ignorant. Sure there will be the bad people and the crime in the country. Don;t go to Kingston, and I won't go to the Vancouver's East end. I've seen worse at home, in the USA, and on lots of supposed "crime free" Caribbean islands with supoosedly "friendly" people. (umm... btw, did you know that most of the people you "think" are "locals" on Grand Cayman are actually Jamaicans)

We have been to Jamaica only twice so far but are planning to go back. We got engaged in Montego Bay, then married in Negril. The beaches and the scenery were fabulous, and we met some of the nicest, friendliest people anywhere. The staff at the Couples Swept Away resort were like family and gave us the best wedding and honeymoon we could want (much more personalized than some big cold North American city) They all hugged us when we left.

Don't judge what you don't know... and if you have only popped in to one small part of Jamaica on a cruise for a few hours, and possibly seen about the worst the country has to offer... you do NOT know.

To put it into more of a perspective...

Imagine the worst part of town in your city (or in a nearby city in you are lucky enough to live in some crime free small town) You cannot deny that there are "bad neighbourhoods" in all major American and Canadian cities.

You can picture it... a place where there are gangs, guns, criminals, drug pushers, drug addicts, hookers, homeless people begging, break ins to cars and homes, homicides, rapes, etc. etc... You cannot deny those places exist in our "first world" countries. Right?

Ok, now picture boatloads of naive tourists with their jewelery, cameras, ship cards around their necks ...screaming tourist with a big fat wallet... being unloaded into that seedy, poor neighbour hood... on a daily basis....

Really ludicrous, ridiculous vision, isn't it?

Well, THAT, people, is what tourism has done to ports like Ocho Rios and I Montego Bay. It's like unloading thousands of thousands of tourists into that poor, crime ridden neighbourhood of your town. Think the results would be any better?

From the CIA factbook concerning Jamaica:

The economy faces serious long-term problems: a sizable merchandise trade deficit, large-scale unemployment and underemployment, and a debt-to-GDP ratio of almost 130%. Jamaica's onerous debt burden - the fourth highest per capita - is the result of government bailouts to ailing sectors of the economy, most notably to the financial sector in the mid-to-late 1990s. It hinders government spending on infrastructure and social programs as debt servicing accounts for nearly half of government expenditures. High unemployment exacerbates the serious crime problem, including gang violence that is fueled by the drug trade. The GOLDING administration faces the difficult prospect of having to achieve fiscal discipline in order to maintain debt payments while simultaneously attacking a serious and growing crime problem that is hampering economic growth.

The only place I've ever traveled where I felt concern for the safety of my family . . . drugs everywhere (hang around dealers long enough saying no and they might just decide to take your money instead of selling you dope), police and automatic weapons everywhere, and the pushiest most obnoxious vendors imagenable. Now, if I get off the ship I go straight to a place like Margaritaville, have a few beers, kick back with fellow cruisers dancing to 200 decibel 70's and 80s rock and then back to the ship. Went to Ocho Rios once years ago and Montego Bay (as a replacement port for missing Costa Rica). I wouldn't book a cruise that makes a regular stop there. Just not for me.

For those of you that just love Dunn's River Falls, take a trip sometime up the river to the quaint little tin shack village that is located on both sides of this river. You might want to take particular note also of the unique sewer system they have running through the center of their little town.:rolleyes:

To put it into more of a perspective...

Imagine the worst part of town in your city (or in a nearby city in you are lucky enough to live in some crime free small town) You cannot deny that there are "bad neighbourhoods" in all major American and Canadian cities.

You can picture it... a place where there are gangs, guns, criminals, drug pushers, drug addicts, hookers, homeless people begging, break ins to cars and homes, homicides, rapes, etc. etc... You cannot deny those places exist in our "first world" countries. Right?

Ok, now picture boatloads of naive tourists with their jewelery, cameras, ship cards around their necks ...screaming tourist with a big fat wallet... being unloaded into that seedy, poor neighbour hood... on a daily basis....

Really ludicrous, ridiculous vision, isn't it?

Well, THAT, people, is what tourism has done to ports like Ocho Rios and I Montego Bay. It's like unloading thousands of thousands of tourists into that poor, crime ridden neighbourhood of your town. Think the results would be any better?

You're preaching to the choir. I don't begrudge the people of Jamaica at all. Indeed, I feel sorry for them. They live under a broken, corrupt government. They have consistently one of the highest murder rates IN THE WORLD! I have been to many, many caribbean islands and Jamaica is one of the most beautiful. But it is not a safe or comfortable place to go, and I don't think ships should go there. And I will not go there by air or sea and I would never recommend it to anyone I care about. It's a hole, and that's not going to change anytime soon, unfortunately.

for a long time Ocho Rios was my favorite port! :)

yes you may see drugs, guns (on military personel), utter poverty, and whatever else. but unless you are stupid you will be safe.

book an excursion, either through carnival or through a reliable independent agency recommended on the Jamaica board. We booked independently and had a WONDERFUL private tour of the island, climbed the falls, and did river tubing, all for a great price and felt totally safe and secure the entire time. Jamaica is really truly beautiful. :)

Just throwing in my two cents worth regarding jamaica..... the first cruise we took ported there. It was EASILY the unsafest I have ever felt - we walked out of the port/gate ( thought we'd walk to the shopping mall) and were offered at least 5 bags of weed during the first 100 feet. haha. We did luck out and get a great taxi driver who took us to Dunn's falls - we had to leave our stuff with him (camera/phone) - he could have easliy driven off, but was very honest and pretty much babysitted us all day. And The falls are SO tourist-heavy... I didn't enjoy all those people in one concentrated area.

We were not looking forward to going back to Jamaica but it was part of an itinerary we couldn't pass up, so I decided to make the best of it and DID MY HOMEWORK this time! I looked on trip advisor and cruise critic - found an OUTSTANDING tourguide.. Carolyn Barrett who runs Barrett Adventures. She only had 10 people in our group so it wasn't crowded, and we got to see the REAL Jamaica. While there is a lot of poverty, there is so much beauty. We visited a pineapple farm, went to a private part of dunn's river falls - there were about 15 people there and we swam under waterfalls and then had a great lunch that some locals cooked for us. What had been our worst country to visit, has since become our favorite. We've been back twice since then - we've done a tube trip that was a ton of fun; toured local schools and also hiked up to the top of a huge waterfall and private lagoon that was amazing. We've always used her and she never dissapoints!:o

Be safe, but enjoy! It's a breathtaking country :o

We were also just in Jamaica on Thursday and had a great time. I agree, book a reputable tour guide and you will be fine. We booked Mark Morris of Mark's Tours and had a wonderful time! We went to Dunn's Falls and then he drove us around for a highlights tour.

Like other's have said, I've been to much scarier places in the US. We simply said, no thank you, to anyone offering us anything and they left us alone.

Something must be really wrong with me. I took another home there and I never experience any of the things that you guys read about. I am conscious of my environment, treated well by locals, etc. Most of the stuff you hear/read about happens in certain areas but is it fair to say the entire country is that way? I am aware of the statistics. To me it's not any different than having to pass by certain neighborhoods in Miami (close to the port, I will add). A rasta man is near the fish market I shop at when I am there and he used to ask me all the time if I wanted to buy weed. Each time I told him no thank you and smiled and moved on. Last trip he recognized me again, and said "Hello, you are allright with us!" and never asked me to buy weed again. Kindness can go a long way. Don't act like a scared puppy and walk around with your head in the sand.

Give these poor people a break and open your worldview. So big deal if a guy asks you if you want to buy some ganga. Did you ever stop and think of what THEY think of you? They see a large, overweight white American and they think you have money. They see a hippie looking white American and they assume "pot head". Many just do not have the benefit of internet, travel, etc. to stop and expand their world view. You, american tourist, do have the benefit so be fair minded. Don't you have any commno sense? If you are polite and say "no thank you" and go on your way, nobody is going to bother you.

i spent a week in jamaica in 2008 and i loved it. the people are very friendly. however, you may come across people trying to sell you drugs as this happened to us at an intersection. just politely say no thank you and they will leave you alone. jamaica is no different than any of these other poor coutries cruise lines travel to. belize is far worse than jamaica. you will have no reason to be scared if you use a little common sense when traveling and doing excursions.

we were under the same impression of jamaica after reading some forums. our trip was wonderful and we enjoyed many sites in ochi. in fact i am looking at booking another trip to motego bay for this year in place of our yearly cruise.

First off, "Jamaica" is not a "port". It is one of the larger islands in the Caribbean. Ocho Rios is a port town. It makes up a very small portion of Jamaica. It is over run by cruise ships and has been for a long time. It has changed the whole aura of the area, as being over run by cruise ships always does. Jamaicans are big on respect, but I don't think they have much for all the miserable, negative toursits who get off their ships on their high horses expecting to hate the place and all those "horrible drug selling poor people".

Sorry, but if you have been to a port in Jamaica you have not been to the real Jamaica. You are enttitled to your view of the port, but understand if you are capable, that you have not seen a smidge of Jamaica until you have spent time there on a land based vacation. To judge a country by a port ridiculously overrun with toursits in just ignorant. Sure there will be the bad people and the crime in the country. Don;t go to Kingston, and I won't go to the Vancouver's East end. I've seen worse at home, in the USA, and on lots of supposed "crime free" Caribbean islands with supoosedly "friendly" people. (umm... btw, did you know that most of the people you "think" are "locals" on Grand Cayman are actually Jamaicans)

We have been to Jamaica only twice so far but are planning to go back. We got engaged in Montego Bay, then married in Negril. The beaches and the scenery were fabulous, and we met some of the nicest, friendliest people anywhere. The staff at the Couples Swept Away resort were like family and gave us the best wedding and honeymoon we could want (much more personalized than some big cold North American city) They all hugged us when we left.

Don't judge what you don't know... and if you have only popped in to one small part of Jamaica on a cruise for a few hours, and possibly seen about the worst the country has to offer... you do NOT know.

I wasn't going to comment on this thread as I thought it had all been said, but Sunseeker, you said it all so well, thank you for that. I have been to Jamaica six times in six years on land vacations (for a total of 60 days), not as part of a cruise. Whenever I see the posts on this board, I think "What Jamaica are these people talking about?", it's so different from our experience there. We just got back last week, and it couldn't have been better.

When we went to Vancouver last year, our hotel concierge scribbled out the Lower East Side section of the city map and said "Under no circumstances should you enter this area." Based on that, do we tell people to not visit Vancouver, or better yet, don't visit CANADA? That's the kind of logic I see from a lot of posters on this board.

Anyone visiting Ocho Rios would do well to book a private excursion with one of the many reputable guides recommended on this board and get out to see the rest of the country.

From the CIA factbook concerning Jamaica:

The economy faces serious long-term problems: a sizable merchandise trade deficit, large-scale unemployment and underemployment, and a debt-to-GDP ratio of almost 130%. Jamaica's onerous debt burden - the fourth highest per capita - is the result of government bailouts to ailing sectors of the economy, most notably to the financial sector in the mid-to-late 1990s. It hinders government spending on infrastructure and social programs as debt servicing accounts for nearly half of government expenditures. High unemployment exacerbates the serious crime problem, including gang violence that is fueled by the drug trade. The GOLDING administration faces the difficult prospect of having to achieve fiscal discipline in order to maintain debt payments while simultaneously attacking a serious and growing crime problem that is hampering economic growth.

The only place I've ever traveled where I felt concern for the safety of my family . . . drugs everywhere (hang around dealers long enough saying no and they might just decide to take your money instead of selling you dope), police and automatic weapons everywhere, and the pushiest most obnoxious vendors imagenable. Now, if I get off the ship I go straight to a place like Margaritaville, have a few beers, kick back with fellow cruisers dancing to 200 decibel 70's and 80s rock and then back to the ship. Went to Ocho Rios once years ago and Montego Bay (as a replacement port for missing Costa Rica). I wouldn't book a cruise that makes a regular stop there. Just not for me.

For those of you that just love Dunn's River Falls, take a trip sometime up the river to the quaint little tin shack village that is located on both sides of this river. You might want to take particular note also of the unique sewer system they have running through the center of their little town.:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO! Boy, am I glad I never made it to the falls!

Well, I have been to Jamaica also. Yes, it was a cruise. We went to the port of Ocho Rios, and had already arranged for a tour sponsored by the cruise ship.

I have been to a few places and am always aware of my surroundings. Just as most folks have said here on the board, a simple "no, thank you" said with respect, is all that is NORMALLY required.

We left the ship, was picked up by our van and dropped off at a "tent" village. I was with three friends. A married couple and a friend who is married, but was traveling without her DH.

At the "tent" village, the friend, took off with some lady who was going to sell her a dress. Okay......fine...........no biggie. She's a big girl right?

Meanwhile, I go off with the married couple to find my new Jamaican treasure! We do our shopping, I found my hand carved bald eagle treasure and was thrilled. Meanwhile my friends tell the Jamaican dude that I was a widow. So, guess what?! He proposed to me! LOL...........repeatedly wanted me to marry him. I had to keep a straight face and be extremely respectful as I turned this man down. :D

The other "friend" went off to get her dress only to be dragged to the back of the "tent" city, find herself literally surrounded by Jamaicans that were pulling her by her arms and clothes to get her into their shops to buy something. So, I get back to the van happy with my new hand carved bald eagle, to find my friend sitting in the van, fuming at me! She was livid that I had left her alone. Mind you she took off before we did. I guess she just expected me to follow???????? Anyway, that was when I realized how green she truly was. Never let her out of my sight again.

Our next stop was downtown (some where in Ocho Rios). We stopped for a rest on a bench and while sitting there this Jamaican dude, comes up to me, and puts an anklet on my ankle. He was FAST! I could tell he had done this before. ( One of the tricks I read about on Jamaica, was how they would hand you something refuse to take it back and then scream for police if you don't pay them!) Well, I was on vacation and it was only a cheap little anklet. I bartered with the fellow and we both left happy, as he made a sale and I got a good deal. So, good I am ashamed to tell you what I paid.

Anyway, off to Margaritaville! Wooo Hoooo! We watched the fire dancers and I must say they were truly a sight to behold.

After a while we decide to go back to the van. Mind you I was with 3 other people. I was the first to get to the door, and as I was getting to the point of entering the street, a BIG Jamaican dude, grabbed my arm and said "Mamm, let me get you a cab". I said, "oh, it's okay, I am with my friends". He said "NO! You don't understand, LET ME GET YOU A CAB!" Then I said, "look, really, it's okay, I am with these people, (I pointed to them) and we are going to walk to that van right there (I pointed) and we are going to get on it, okay?"

Then and only then would he let me walk out of Margaritaville.

Okay, I am blonde, I have blue eyes, and am not a large woman. I had read stories about kidnappings and other horrible crimes on Jamaica. I knew to be careful, but, this gentleman was so adamant and concerned for my safety that it is down right scary to imagine trying to walk down the street alone in that town. (broad daylight)

Mind you I have been to Mexico and many, many Caribbean islands, to include Hispaniola. (Hispaniola is another story) When I travel to other countries I always respect their culture and their ways........ I always show the people respect. I have met some of the most kind and sweetest people on the Caribbean islands and absolutely adore them. I know there is the bad element and you will find that anywhere. But, to think that in BROAD daylight I could not walk out of a bar????? That is insane. That is not a vacation destination. That is something more like a game of extreme chance! Kind of like playing a game of Survivor only it's not a GAME!

I choose not to return to Jamaica. I would love to stay at a resort on the island, but, I know full well we could not travel safely alone. If we can not explore why should we want to go there? Not everybody, wants to do the "group travel" thing. I am one who prefers not to. Therefore, I have my choice and the choice is to not go back to that island or travel on any cruise ship scheduled to port their.

Again, if you go to a country and try to force your culture upon them, then, they will become just like us. If they are just like us, then why would we want to visit their country? Oh, that's right, they have beautiful beaches and warm weather, so therefore we must make it acceptable to Americans. NOT! If you don't like it, don't go there.

Americans, need to stop thinking that everybody needs to be just like "us".

As to the people who are so irate because Jamaicans will not tolerate homosexuals............what is your problem? It is THEIR culture. Don't shove OUR culture upon them. If we are not careful the next perversion that you will see become acceptable in the U.S. will be the pedophiles.

I know there will be some people who will be angry because of my homosexual remark. That is okay. You see, just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

Curious..blond, blue eyed and not large? How did that figure into the equation?

I don't even know why people bother to cruise. It must not be for the islands. The island of Jamaica is no worse than Mexico, etc. And the thing is, most of the ports, etc. are really made up and built for Americans, not locals. Very rarely will you see Jamaicans hanging out at Margaritaville, and the tourist spots. they just can't afford them. So the tourist areas really do not paint a picture of what the country is like.

Like the other poster said, it's so sad people don't "know" Jamaica and base it only on a birds eye view. I am never happier than when I am there.

They "hawk" worse at each other than the Americans..they do know that the Americans have more money. How could they not think that when they see people coming on this giantic ship and they have an idea of how much people spend. On Christmas Eve we were out in downtown Montego Bay and it was a madhouse all night, people were "hawking" like crazy until 4am..and no Americans...if you go into downtown Montego Bay proper, it' 1000x worse than the "hawking" at the tourist areas.

Most people there make less than 10k a year and some families spend half that much on a cruise! So they think you are rich. My local friends there say that when they see "big" (i.e, overweight) they think they are really rich, because they associate being able to eat with how wealthy you are. A lot of other countries are like that too.

I hope people really start to take the Jamaicans the way they are and understand there are more ways than the American way. My friend Annette works at the craft shop near the pork pit and she and her colleagues there said "All the Americans are cheap. They complain about spending $5.00 for a necklace and they don't appreciate us as trying to make a living to support our family, so they try to get us to sell something cheaper."

ROFLMAO! Boy, am I glad I never made it to the falls!

Well, I have been to Jamaica also. Yes, it was a cruise. We went to the port of Ocho Rios, and had already arranged for a tour sponsored by the cruise ship.

I have been to a few places and am always aware of my surroundings. Just as most folks have said here on the board, a simple "no, thank you" said with respect, is all that is NORMALLY required.

We left the ship, was picked up by our van and dropped off at a "tent" village. I was with three friends. A married couple and a friend who is married, but was traveling without her DH.

At the "tent" village, the friend, took off with some lady who was going to sell her a dress. Okay......fine...........no biggie. She's a big girl right?

Meanwhile, I go off with the married couple to find my new Jamaican treasure! We do our shopping, I found my hand carved bald eagle treasure and was thrilled. Meanwhile my friends tell the Jamaican dude that I was a widow. So, guess what?! He proposed to me! LOL...........repeatedly wanted me to marry him. I had to keep a straight face and be extremely respectful as I turned this man down. :D

The other "friend" went off to get her dress only to be dragged to the back of the "tent" city, find herself literally surrounded by Jamaicans that were pulling her by her arms and clothes to get her into their shops to buy something. So, I get back to the van happy with my new hand carved bald eagle, to find my friend sitting in the van, fuming at me! She was livid that I had left her alone. Mind you she took off before we did. I guess she just expected me to follow???????? Anyway, that was when I realized how green she truly was. Never let her out of my sight again.

Our next stop was downtown (some where in Ocho Rios). We stopped for a rest on a bench and while sitting there this Jamaican dude, comes up to me, and puts an anklet on my ankle. He was FAST! I could tell he had done this before. ( One of the tricks I read about on Jamaica, was how they would hand you something refuse to take it back and then scream for police if you don't pay them!) Well, I was on vacation and it was only a cheap little anklet. I bartered with the fellow and we both left happy, as he made a sale and I got a good deal. So, good I am ashamed to tell you what I paid.

Anyway, off to Margaritaville! Wooo Hoooo! We watched the fire dancers and I must say they were truly a sight to behold.

After a while we decide to go back to the van. Mind you I was with 3 other people. I was the first to get to the door, and as I was getting to the point of entering the street, a BIG Jamaican dude, grabbed my arm and said "Mamm, let me get you a cab". I said, "oh, it's okay, I am with my friends". He said "NO! You don't understand, LET ME GET YOU A CAB!" Then I said, "look, really, it's okay, I am with these people, (I pointed to them) and we are going to walk to that van right there (I pointed) and we are going to get on it, okay?"

Then and only then would he let me walk out of Margaritaville.

Okay, I am blonde, I have blue eyes, and am not a large woman. I had read stories about kidnappings and other horrible crimes on Jamaica. I knew to be careful, but, this gentleman was so adamant and concerned for my safety that it is down right scary to imagine trying to walk down the street alone in that town. (broad daylight)

Mind you I have been to Mexico and many, many Caribbean islands, to include Hispaniola. (Hispaniola is another story) When I travel to other countries I always respect their culture and their ways........ I always show the people respect. I have met some of the most kind and sweetest people on the Caribbean islands and absolutely adore them. I know there is the bad element and you will find that anywhere. But, to think that in BROAD daylight I could not walk out of a bar????? That is insane. That is not a vacation destination. That is something more like a game of extreme chance! Kind of like playing a game of Survivor only it's not a GAME!

I choose not to return to Jamaica. I would love to stay at a resort on the island, but, I know full well we could not travel safely alone. If we can not explore why should we want to go there? Not everybody, wants to do the "group travel" thing. I am one who prefers not to. Therefore, I have my choice and the choice is to not go back to that island or travel on any cruise ship scheduled to port their.

Again, if you go to a country and try to force your culture upon them, then, they will become just like us. If they are just like us, then why would we want to visit their country? Oh, that's right, they have beautiful beaches and warm weather, so therefore we must make it acceptable to Americans. NOT! If you don't like it, don't go there.

Americans, need to stop thinking that everybody needs to be just like "us".

As to the people who are so irate because Jamaicans will not tolerate homosexuals............what is your problem? It is THEIR culture. Don't shove OUR culture upon them. If we are not careful the next perversion that you will see become acceptable in the U.S. will be the pedophiles.

I know there will be some people who will be angry because of my homosexual remark. That is okay. You see, just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

We have been to Jamaica a few times now. We are returning on the Freedom of the Seas next year and I am actually looking right now to see if I can sneak in a 4 or 5 nighter land based in OR or Negril in April. We love Jamaica and have had great experiences there. We love all it has to offer and if you do it right your day will be a great day. Use a local tour operator such as Marva Shaw or Peat Taylor or one of the others mentioned on this board and they will take great care of you. Be aware of your surroundings and say no if it is something you do not want.

We were in Ocho Rios last week, I saw the beach that people have mentioned on here - 2 mins away from the pier - so we decided to suck it up and go over there....hummm, we only made it out of the port entrance and down the street and i'd had enough and went back to the ship for the rest of the day.

It was the elderly that I felt sorry for, whilst we could say "no thanks" and keep walking, those who were a little slower on their feet couldnt get away so fast and their "no thanks" seem to mean "please follow me and keep harrasing me".

Not for me Im afraid.

We were in Ocho Rios last week, I saw the beach that people have mentioned on here - 2 mins away from the pier - so we decided to suck it up and go over there....hummm, we only made it out of the port entrance and down the street and i'd had enough and went back to the ship for the rest of the day.

It was the elderly that I felt sorry for, whilst we could say "no thanks" and keep walking, those who were a little slower on their feet couldnt get away so fast and their "no thanks" seem to mean "please follow me and keep harrasing me".

Not for me Im afraid.

sorry you bagged it. Island Village is a nice place and Margaritaville is a lot of fun.

Just came back from 8 days in Jamacia, not on a cruise but Couples Tower Isle Resort in Ocho Rios! We did side trips, horseback riding, Dunn's River Falls which we loved so much we did it twice, ATV's River Tubing. Not once were we offered drugs. People were friendly. We used Tours in Ocho Rios with Dwight Soars and their company was great. Got us everywhere we wanted to see and do, and on time. We loved it so much we are ready to go back. Vendors, yes, but just say no thank you and keep walking.

No, your attitude is rude. You call it crap, but to them it's a way to feed their family. They don't have the luxury of being a big white american like you who can afford a cruise. That's why I think you are being rude. You think the American way is the only way.

Not wanting to pay asking price for crap we don't need is NOT being rude! :rolleyes:

Archived