Etoile - Buenos Aires - Recoleta area

Leslieswiger

I was booked at the Inter-Continental Buenos Aires. Friends of ours (living is Buenos Aires) have told us to book the Etoile Hotel which is in the Recoleta area of Buenos Aires. My friends say it is a five star and I have had other persons say it is three and four. Has anyone stayed at the Etoile Hotel? Thanking you in advance for your time and interest in the above matter. Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

I was booked at the Inter-Continental Buenos Aires. Friends of ours (living is Buenos Aires) have told us to book the Etoile Hotel which is in the Recoleta area of Buenos Aires. My friends say it is a five star and I have had other persons say it is three and four. Has anyone stayed at the Etoile Hotel? Thanking you in advance for your time and interest in the above matter. Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

http://www.etoile.com.ar/ is their website, and it IS a 5-star.

It looks beautiful, I envy you. I have been to Argentina twice and have relatives there. The exchange rate will ensure you get good value during your stay! Plus it's warm down there now. Have a great trip!

Ted the Etoile is just across the park from the cemetery. Yes we will pay a visit.

Amenuensis thanks so much as you have taken a lot off my mind. We have taken a Diplomatic suite for one week. Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

The cemetery is full of magnificent tombs of the most interesting artworks. As a matter of fact, Eva Peron's family tomb is rather uninteresting in comparison.

When I was there I took a guided tour of the cemetery and would recommend the experience to anyone interested in the art and symbolism to be found there.

If the Etoile doesn't satisfy once you are in Buenos Aires, take a look at the Alvear Palace Hotel which is very near the Recoleta Cemetery. We thought it was the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Plan to have their buffet lunch. It was great when we were there in 2000.

Be careful crossing the streets in Buenos Aires. The cars do NOT stop for pedestrians and there are many more accidents there.

Roberta

Leslie,

My sister who was on the Amsterdam stayed at the Intercontinental for two nights at the end of her cruise and loved it. The concierge organized a wonderful dinner and Tango show for them to go to, I think it was amongst the highlights of the cruise.

Jennie

Archived