Questions about Back to Back Alaska

cage keeper

We are doing a b to b on Millennium. We want to leave the ship when we get to Vancouver to do a little touring with family that are joining us for the second leg of the cruise. Will we have to go through the whole check in process again? And what happens with our luggage as we are changing cabins. Do they have racks for us or do we need to repack everything?

You will have a modified check in process for your Cruise 2. Most likely it will all be taken care of on board and then your cruise ID card will be updated for the second cruise when you return to the ship with the rest of your family.

Usually your room steward will help you with your move so you won't have to completely repack. It will be easy.

you will get your new cruise card the night before in your cabin..take it and your in transit card and passport.. you will be ask for it as you walk back into the building.

this is part of a hotel so you will see lots of people.

while you are out your bags will be moved to the new cabin.. i would also find your new room attendant the night before and tell him/her so your cabin is ready early.

you will only have about 5 hours to sightsee as you need to be back on around 3 or 330.. time to see gastown/chinatown to do stanley park but not both.

We are doing a b to b on Millennium. We want to leave the ship when we get to Vancouver to do a little touring with family that are joining us for the second leg of the cruise.

You're doing a southbound cruise first? Not many people do B2Bs that way - but that's great! I hope you are seeing some of interior Alaska before or after the cruise.

You're doing a southbound cruise first? Not many people do B2Bs that way - but that's great! I hope you are seeing some of interior Alaska before or after the cruise.

Do most people go North then south? We are driving to Alaska from CT. I agree, we must be looney. We had planned the north bound cruise with 9 other family members and then decided to do the ALCAN. I couldn't believe how expensive it was to get from Seward to Vancouver so we decided that for a little more we could cruise there. And it would be so much easier. We booked an inside cabin. On the NB we have a CC class aft balcony. We plan on spending 5 to 6 weeks.

Do most people go North then south? We are driving to Alaska from CT. I agree, we must be looney. We had planned the north bound cruise with 9 other family members and then decided to do the ALCAN. I couldn't believe how expensive it was to get from Seward to Vancouver so we decided that for a little more we could cruise there. And it would be so much easier. We booked an inside cabin. On the NB we have a CC class aft balcony. We plan on spending 5 to 6 weeks.

if doing a land tour people that the ship s and do land first. they are flying and want to get the land tiring land over with before cruising.

you are lucky 5 plus weeks.. i have 2 this time and had 2 last time. .spending 3 nights in Seward. lots to see and do there. if you are driving how expensive is it to drive to Canada.

think how much you will see in each port compared to family.

Well - most people who intend to cruise in Alaska don't drive there first! I think it's great that you have so much time to spend on your vacation in Alaska.

It is generally cheaper to fly into Seattle or Vancouver than to Anchorage, so people on b2b cruises usually go north first. However, if I were going to do b2b cruises, I would choose different ships and itineraries each direction.

Not everyone wants to get the land trip out of the way first. For our two cruises + land trips, we did northbound cruises followed by independent land trips. If one chooses to do the land trip through the cruise line, then it is probably a more tiring trip.

if doing a land tour people that the ship s and do land first. they are flying and want to get the land tiring land over with before cruising.

you are lucky 5 plus weeks.. i have 2 this time and had 2 last time. .spending 3 nights in Seward. lots to see and do there. if you are driving how expensive is it to drive to Canada.

think how much you will see in each port compared to family.

I was doing it the other way around. At first we planned on doing a cruise and then a land tour. Then I saw how much they wanted for three people to do a land tour and I realized I could double the days by renting an RV and going on my own. Then I convinced my DH that we could put a nice deposit on a new camper for what they wanted to rent the RV. We are big campers and have just been putting off buying one.

RV parks are not expensive in Canada. The gas is a little higher so we will cook most of our meals. DH is a teacher and I am an Athletic Equipment manager so we have the luxury of having the summers off. We spent many years working summers, so no more.

We are planning two nights in Seward before the cruises and three after. I would love to hear your must do list.

Well - most people who intend to cruise in Alaska don't drive there first! I think it's great that you have so much time to spend on your vacation in Alaska.

It is generally cheaper to fly into Seattle or Vancouver than to Anchorage, so people on b2b cruises usually go north first. However, if I were going to do b2b cruises, I would choose different ships and itineraries each direction.

Not everyone wants to get the land trip out of the way first. For our two cruises + land trips, we did northbound cruises followed by independent land trips. If one chooses to do the land trip through the cruise line, then it is probably a more tiring trip.

I am also not a big fan of any land trip or excursion through the cruise lines. But I do love to cruise.

We first planned to cruise Alaska three years ago. My SIL said if we postponed it for a year her and my brother would go with us. Then my sister said if we postponed it for another year her and her hubby would go. So after three years of planning it just kept growing and growing. Don't know when we will get back again so we may as well do it big the first time.

Your not kidding on the airfares. My daughter and her husband are flying with two grandsons and our son. They can fly from NY to Seattle for half the price for us to fly from Anchorage to Vancouver. So they will rent a car in Seattle and meet us in Vancouver for the second part of the cruise.

I'm not happy about not being able to do two different cruise lines. I wanted to do Princess or HAL for the SB part. But then we would have to spend 5 nights in Vancouver. Too many people to change the NB. Really wanted to see Glacier Bay. Now I just need all the help I can get planning the ports and land parts.

We are planning two nights in Seward before the cruises and three after. I would love to hear your must do list.

I am arriving in Alaska on the 29th and i sail on the 2nd. i plan on paying mega bucks to get a limo to Seward that day.. right now i land about 4 pm.. i decided even over tired i want to get to Seward.. a limo is less money or the same as a hotel and the train.

I have my 6 hour boat trip planned for the 1st of July. .the day before i am sleeping in and then going to Exit Glacier and to a dog camp. Friday the day we sail i am going to the Sea life Center in the afternoon.

I will do more if i have the time and have adjusted to Alaskan time--it is 4 hours different.

you will have a car so you can do more day trips to places.. i heard there is a church in town... i will eat in town one lunch and one dinner.

What is the dog camp? I know the two 10 YO's want to do one of these but the ones on the ship are really expensive.

Exit Glacier Hike | Seward Windsong Lodge

good morning

pull up this website as it has info and the dog camp and exit glacier.. both you can do on your own.. The other is jeff King's home in Denali. i did that thru princess but from the lodge.. but if you find jeff king or husky Home tour you will find jeff. .the dog i am holding was one of his from 06. he breeds a lot that he sells.

remember to check out B&N too. i just read books on Alaska.

Exit Glacier Hike | Seward Windsong Lodge

good morning

pull up this website as it has info and the dog camp and exit glacier.. both you can do on your own.. The other is jeff King's home in Denali. i did that thru princess but from the lodge.. but if you find jeff king or husky Home tour you will find jeff. .the dog i am holding was one of his from 06. he breeds a lot that he sells.

remember to check out B&N too. i just read books on Alaska.

Thanks for the link Robin. Looks like fun. I will check into this.

Archived