Delta Reconfiguring?

Chesie

Hi everyone. We don't fly alot and this will be DH first Business Class from JFK to LAX. When going to seatguru, how do I know what "version" we are flying? To LAX it states through Delta 757-200 and from LAX it states 767-400. On seaguru it states the 767-400 is being reconfigured w/Thompson Solutions Vantage Flat Bed Sleepers by the Spring of 2010.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. We don't fly alot and this will be DH first Business Class from JFK to LAX. When going to seatguru, how do I know what "version" we are flying? To LAX it states through Delta 757-200 and from LAX it states 767-400. On seaguru it states the 767-400 is being reconfigured w/Thompson Solutions Vantage Flat Bed Sleepers by the Spring of 2010.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Look at the diagram of the plane, when you can choose your seat on DL, and then compare that diagram to the one shown on seatguru, and this will give you a clue as to the version of the aircraft you are on.

There is no 757-200 version with a business class, but version 6, or the 75E. On the rest of the versions, he would actually be seated in F. Most domestic flights are only on a two cabin aircraft. That will help you figure out what version you are on.

Just keep in mind aircraft can be changed, and these reconfigurations take forever.

Thanks for the quick reply! Our Receipt/Itinerary states Business under cabin and we are r/t seats 2A & 2B. Any suggestions?

You're welcome. I'm not a DL flyer, so I have no recent experience on either of these planes.

If there are 16 seats total on your 757-200 flight, looks like you are currently on this version:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/Delta_Airlines_Boeing_757-200_TWA_B.php

Your seat choices look fine.

With your 767-400 flight, I have no idea what version, because I don't see any with a six row configuration on seatguru.

I am wondering if you are actually on this plane:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Delta_Airlines/Delta_Airlines_Boeing_767-300_I.php

Perhaps someone who flys DL will be able to tell you, but either way, have a good flight.

First off....the "Business" product between JFK and LAX is not the same as international "Business Elite". You can see the domestic product at THIS LINK to the DL website.

The 767-400s with the Thompson seats are being used for the international flights to LHR. I am not aware of them being used domestically, as the LHR flights are from ATL/DTW/MSP/JFK, so they shouldn't be on a rotation into LAX. DL also operates 767-400s without the Business Elite cabin, so you may be on that equipment.

Many DL domestic flights are coded with a "business" class moniker for a number of reasons. Among them are: a) flights continue internationally with a change of gauge; b) flights connect to international flights and this allows for corporate "business" purchases when "first" is prohibited by corporate purchasing rules; c) transcon flights to allow for purchases of "business" when "first" is not allowed (see b)

DL now has a fleet with so, so many internal variations of cabin layout. Check out the DL blog section on "Planes" to get more info and backstory. LINK HERE

Thank you!! After looking at them on seatguru, it does look like those are the ones you mentioned. Leave it to Delta to put down the wrong type plane.

BTW, love your lab. We had a chocolate named Chestnut, hence my call name "Chesie".

Thanks for your help!

First off....the "Business" product between JFK and LAX is not the same as international "Business Elite". You can see the domestic product at THIS LINK to the DL website.

The 767-400s with the Thompson seats are being used for the international flights to LHR. I am not aware of them being used domestically, as the LHR flights are from ATL/DTW/MSP/JFK, so they shouldn't be on a rotation into LAX. DL also operates 767-400s without the Business Elite cabin, so you may be on that equipment.

Many DL domestic flights are coded with a "business" class moniker for a number of reasons. Among them are: a) flights continue internationally with a change of gauge; b) flights connect to international flights and this allows for corporate "business" purchases when "first" is prohibited by corporate purchasing rules; c) transcon flights to allow for purchases of "business" when "first" is not allowed (see b)

DL now has a fleet with so, so many internal variations of cabin layout. Check out the DL blog section on "Planes" to get more info and backstory. LINK HERE

Thanks for the info. I've flown BusinessElite before internationally and was a bit confused when looking at seatguru it would be one in the same.

Thanks for the info. I've flown BusinessElite before internationally and was a bit confused when looking at seatguru it would be one in the same.

Business/F domestically is quite different from international! Still better than riding in the back of the bus.

One consideration is that on most intercontinental flights, dinner orders are taken from the front to the back. So, you may be less likely to have your choice be unavailable (though most carriers over-cater up front to avoid this problem for premium-fare passengers). Another is that you are closer to the front door, if that is used for unloading - or further from the middle door if that is the one used.

If you are talking domestic first, the placement of overhead video monitors may be a consideration. Most international business have individual screens, negating this concern.

Depending on configuration, you may be closer/further from lavs and galleys. You will definitely be further from coach. :D

PS: As Mrs. FT says...."Any seat in first/business is better than every seat in coach".

Archived