What a Surprise in the Mail!

AFT_LOVER

We get an envelope from NCL addressed to both of us. In it is a check for $30.44 and a letter of apology for missing Stirrup Cay on December 12 due to high waves. We saw Hal, Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival all sitting in the water looking at each other & everyone wondering why we cannot go to Key West or Bahamas. Guess the check is for taxes we were charged in advance. Amazing that RCCL & Celebrity missed countires like Iceland & their islands and we never saw a cent.

Then post my review here & start to read from cruise date to now. All I am seeing is every cruise did not go to Stirrup Cay. Oct, Nov, Dec - all missed it.

So that is plenty of folks getting the check for the missed island.

GOOD MOVE Jewel, NCL, everyone who did a great cruise.

We get an envelope from NCL addressed to both of us. In it is a check for $30.44 and a letter of apology for missing Stirrup Cay on December 12 due to high waves. We saw Hal, Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival all sitting in the water looking at each other & everyone wondering why we cannot go to Key West or Bahamas. Guess the check is for taxes we were charged in advance. Amazing that RCCL & Celebrity missed countires like Iceland & their islands and we never saw a cent.

Then post my review here & start to read from cruise date to now. All I am seeing is every cruise did not go to Stirrup Cay. Oct, Nov, Dec - all missed it.

So that is plenty of folks getting the check for the missed island.

GOOD MOVE Jewel, NCL, everyone who did a great cruise.

Glad you got the refund. We sailed the Pearl Nov 28th and we made it to GSC. Guess we were lucky.

Our stop was a technical stop but we essentially missed it on the Jewel. They debarked about two tenders worth of passengers and then called them all back and we left due to bad weather. Very strange but I didn't care though. Here's hoping for SUNNY weather for GSC this time or a stop in Key West (I so badly want to go back to Key West!!!!) :D

Wow. That is great to hear. I would think there wouldn't be port fees for GSC since it is their private island.

I thought the same thing until someone pointed out that GSC is still part of the Bahamas and NCL still pays taxes, which they pass on to the pax.

We did a back to back on the Jewel Dec 6 & 13 and we missed GSC both weeks. Very dissapointing. The staff advised they couldn't remember missing it 2 weeks in a row before. Just my luck ;). We were issued an OBC for the Dec 19 missed stop but nothing for Dec 12. When I asked why at the desk they advised that the reasons for missing the island were different?????? The captain made the same speech each morning but I thought oh well at least we got a credit for one. Maybe we have a cheque in the mail for the first week as well!!!

Archived