Exact Address of NY Port?

boop3

Hi Everyone!

I will be leaving on the Gem on 2/27/10 can't wait ! :D

The address I have on my E-docs for the port is 711 12 Th ave Manhattan. On posts here I see people mention Brooklyn.

Please help don't want to miss the boat.

Thanks!

Nora

Hi Everyone!

The address I have on my E-docs for the port is 711 12 Th ave Manhattan. On posts here I see people mention Brooklyn.

Please help don't want to miss the boat.

Thanks!

Nora

The Gem leaves from the Manhattan Cruise terminal(its a three pier complex)...normally pier 88 to be exact. The Manhattan cruise terminal's official address is 711 12th Avenue Manhattan....and pier 88 is located at 48th street and 12th avenue.

Why did I think it was 55th St? I'm not arguing, I just want to make sure I use the closest subway stop :)

55th street is where the motor entrance to the ramps to the pier are.

the closest subway entrance is at 50th street and 8th avenue, its the C and E trains of the eighth avenue line....

As I said its a three finger pier complex.

pier 88 48th street

pier 90 50th street

pier 92 52nd street(this pier only has one berth at the south side and is relatively rarely used)

1381128766_manhattanpier2.jpg.6f7e5db93ed809befefc819f47b5d09a.jpg

Using Google Maps, looks like you can travel west on 56th and it will lead directly into the port complex. Any New Yorkers care to confirm that?

no 56th street is an east bound one way street you need to be on 55th street which is one way west bound....

sometime the maps are wrong.

look at the photo above. you see the three piers,. The next thing north- a shed over a pier is at 54th street the entrance is immediately there after(its shows as a while line across 12th avenue.

This is somewhat an old aerial photo as the entrance and exit ramps to the very top level(they look like the letters J) have been changed and rebuilt. This photo was taken before pier 88 was completely overhauled.

55th street is where the motor entrance to the ramps to the pier are.

the closest subway entrance is at 50th street and 8th avenue, its the C and E trains of the eighth avenue line....

Thanks - I almost went up to 59th.

boop3 - why aren't you out shoveling? Or maybe you are - I just got in :D

Hi Everyone!

PRINCESS has a relatively new terminal in Brooklyn, Nora.

he will probably hear "take me up the river" when you arrive in Ossining (where Sing Sing is) what you going to do?

If you find yourself at the Big House aka Sing Sing, come visit me! I am the Deputy Warden! Yes, really. The Hudson view from my office is beautiful but not quite as nice as the Hudson view from the deck of a ship sailing from NYC :). Also good for you for knowing the origin of "up the river"!

However don't try to find me there the week of 2/27 - I'll be in the courtyard of the Gem :D

If you find yourself at the Big House aka Sing Sing, come visit me! I am the Deputy Warden! Yes, really. The Hudson view from my office is beautiful but not quite as nice as the Hudson view from the deck of a ship sailing from NYC :). Also good for you for knowing the origin of "up the river"!

However don't try to find me there the week of 2/27 - I'll be in the courtyard of the Gem :D

LOL that is funny! I'll be on the Celebrity Infinity in Buenos Aries...

I've been there(outside only) ---Sing Sing....maybe I can get a tour!

Thanks

We'll see you in the courtyard. I'm originally from Rockland, but now live in nothern Westchester. 14010 on the Gem, 2/27.

We'll see you in the courtyard. I'm originally from Rockland, but now live in nothern Westchester. 14010 on the Gem, 2/27.

We will be happy to see you on 2/27! My husband and I are in 14014 and my parents are in 14514. We have been on the Gem before but this is our first courtyard villa. We are really looking forward to it!

We will be happy to see you on 2/27! My husband and I are in 14014 and my parents are in 14514. We have been on the Gem before but this is our first courtyard villa. We are really looking forward to it!

We are with our children, 5 and 3. My parents (who still live in Rockland) are joining us, but they are down below in a balcony cabin. I feel a bit guilty that they won't be allowed to enjoy the courtyard.

Archived