Spice H2O? Is this an adults only pool by day & club by night?

rogerwaters

Anyone have further info on this? I was reading that it becomes an adults only club at night. But does that mean that it's also adults only during the day or is it open to everyone? My traveling partners are looking for a quiet pool scene and were hoping there was a pool just for adults. I could care less, as I will be busy doing other things all week! Anyone know the scoop?

Anyone have further info on this? I was reading that it becomes an adults only club at night. But does that mean that it's also adults only during the day or is it open to everyone? My traveling partners are looking for a quiet pool scene and were hoping there was a pool just for adults. I could care less, as I will be busy doing other things all week! Anyone know the scoop?

Everything published to date has indicated it will be an adults only pool during the day. That like anything else can change when the ship goes into service. Not sure it will be a quiet area but rather an adult party area. From the latest PDF with ship details from NCL:

Spice H2O.

Sultry, exciting,

Ibiza-style

party scene

and adult pool

http://ncl.worldmedia.net/resources/documents/35/epic-section1-21.pdf

Everything published to date has indicated it will be an adults only pool during the day. That like anything else can change when the ship goes into service. Not sure it will be a quiet area but rather an adult party area. From the latest PDF with ship details from NCL:

Spice H

2O.

Sultry, exciting,

Ibiza-style

party scene

and adult pool

http://ncl.worldmedia.net/resources/documents/35/epic-section1-21.pdf

That's still good to know. I think my friends don't care if it's a "party area" or not, they were more interested in making sure there would be an adults only pool.

On our last vacation, there was just one main pool at the resort. Kids in "swimmies" or those "rubber diaper" things were NOT supposed to be in the water. Day one, this one particular mother chose to disobey this rule. The "swimmie diaper" leaked, feces got into the pool, and it was closed down for the remainder of the day to disinfect. Day two, guess who went into the pool? Yep. The kid with his "swimmie diaper". Leaked again. Pool shut down again. Two days in a row where no one could use the pool because of this family allowing a child who was not potty trained into the water.

To me, "swimmie diapers" or not, it is disgusting. No parent should bring their child into a public pool with these on. Go to a friends house, or the ocean ....but not into a swimming pool being used by everyone else.

Of course, this mother did not "get in trouble" and complained the rest of the trip because security watched her like a hawk and would not let her child near the pool.

Word to the wise to adults who would let their child into a main pool used by others. If you saw an adult, in adult diapers, poop in their diaper then jump into the pool, how would YOU feel then? Pretty gross, huh????

Rodger

Don't get people around here posting about kids in "swimmies" . 100s of threads over the years and they always get ugly. :eek::eek:

Ohhh No!!!!! I had no idea! :D

But really, it IS gross. Parents who bring their kids in the pool wearing them, IN MY OPINION, are disrespectful to the rest of us. Really, does your infant REALLY need to be in the pool if he/she isn't potty trained?! Disgusting.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump up this topic again, but everything I keep reading seems to say that Spice H2O becomes an adults-only club by night, but I haven't seen anywhere it saying it is an adults-only pool by day. I have never cruised before so I am not familiar if adults-only pools on ships are common, or a rarity. Just got my Epic CD in the mail so I am totally in vacation mode! :)

Many ships have an adult only pool, but it is right next to the general use pool. Does not work that great.

At least on the Epic, it is in a separate area. Only time will tell.

(as to the woman that did not learn the lesson, hopefully all the passengers were watching her like a hawk as well)

I surely hope the Epic will have an adults only pool. That is one feature NCL ships have been lacking. I'm an NCL lover (cheerleader actually) but have to give props to RCCL for their adults only solariums and pools which are included in their cruise fare.

I surely hope the Epic will have an adults only pool. That is one feature NCL ships have been lacking. I'm an NCL lover (cheerleader actually) but have to give props to RCCL for their adults only solariums and pools which are included in their cruise fare.

This is my first cruise so I am having some anxiety over some of the "little things." I'm not a big "pool person", but it would be nice to know on the days I wish to just relax in the sun, that I could do so in an adults-only area without kids running around, splashing, etc. It would be nice to just have some "quiet pool time" once in awhile, ya know?

Also, a dumb question about the pool lounge chairs. By looking at other ships, photos, etc., it seems like the lounge chairs are literally stacked side by side by side with zero space in between. Isn't this a bit awkward, (and cramped) to know if you put your arm up on a lounge chair you most likely will be holding hands with the person sitting next to you?

This is my first cruise so I am having some anxiety over some of the "little things." I'm not a big "pool person", but it would be nice to know on the days I wish to just relax in the sun, that I could do so in an adults-only area without kids running around, splashing, etc. It would be nice to just have some "quiet pool time" once in awhile, ya know?

Also, a dumb question about the pool lounge chairs. By looking at other ships, photos, etc., it seems like the lounge chairs are literally stacked side by side by side with zero space in between. Isn't this a bit awkward, (and cramped) to know if you put your arm up on a lounge chair you most likely will be holding hands with the person sitting next to you?

I have only been on one cruise (NCL) and have another booked for 3/5/11, but one valuable lesson that I learned is that you need to get out there and claim a lounge chair very early in the a.m. People put their towels on them at 6 a.m.! I made a habit of actually using the lounge chair and vacating it when I left that area so that someone else could use it.

From today's press release on dining. Now everyone can relax

Spice H20, serving Latin and Asian-influenced cuisine in the adults-only complex;

would love to know if this is going to be an area where they charge entry to .. either day or night ... and is the cuisine served tapas, or is it a sit-down restaurant (which I doubt) ..

Yea! No offense to families with kids, but it will be nice to have an adults-only area, especially considering the kids have so many areas dedicated only to them! Now we just have to hope parents don't think "their" kids are immune to this adults-only rule! ;)

I've been on many cruises and I too have a few "Anxiety" issues with this ship. Until we all get on board, none of us really know how things are going to work. I have been told that the ship is sailing without a fullcrew staff. The balance is suppose to join the ship in New York. Regardless, it will still be fun.

I am sailing with my DW and two teenage sons (ages 13 &17). It will be their 8th cruise each. I LOVE the idea of the adults only area. Kids need to do thier own thing and leave the adults alone.

Except at dinner.:D

BTW, I am a huge Pink Floyd fan.

. I have been told that the ship is sailing without a fullcrew staff. The balance is suppose to join the ship in New York. Regardless, it will still be fun.

They made it very clear on last weeks webcast the ship will be fully staffed and crewed when we sail to NYC. In fact the crew starts joining the ship May 5th and will be fully staffed prior to delivery on June 15th.

What will not be filled are the cabins. Since it is a new ship and an all new design the are holding back space and it will not be anywhere near 100% passenger capacity. Thes will give the crew some breathing room as they work out all the new details for the services on this ship.

They made it very clear on last weeks webcast the ship will be fully staffed and crewed when we sail to NYC. In fact the crew starts joining the ship May 5th and will be fully staffed prior to delivery on June 15th.

What will not be filled are the cabins. Since it is a new ship and an all new design the are holding back space and it will not be anywhere near 100% passenger capacity. Thes will give the crew some breathing room as they work out all the new details for the services on this ship.

Makes perfect sense to me. My buddy on the Jewel must have it wrong. Maybe he needs to drink a little more during his breaks.:D

I've been on many cruises and I too have a few "Anxiety" issues with this ship. Until we all get on board, none of us really know how things are going to work. I have been told that the ship is sailing without a fullcrew staff. The balance is suppose to join the ship in New York. Regardless, it will still be fun.

I am sailing with my DW and two teenage sons (ages 13 &17). It will be their 8th cruise each. I LOVE the idea of the adults only area. Kids need to do thier own thing and leave the adults alone.

Except at dinner.:D

BTW, I am a huge Pink Floyd fan.

I am very excited and looking forward to my 1st cruise, so of course I have a TON of anxiety over it. Don't think I'll spend a ton of time at the pool, since this is my 1st cruise I wanna explore as much of the ship as possible, but it will be nice to know there is a spot for adults to be without kids running around.

And YEA! A Pink Floyd fan! Not many people pick up on my "rogerwaters" screen name. I LOVE Pink Floyd. And I LOVE Roger Waters solo stuff. I saw him in 2006 for his Dark Side of the Moon tour. Paid $250 for 10th row seats. Worth every penny. It was just 2 months after Syd Barrett died. What a great show! My hubby is not a big fan at all of Floyd stuff (he's more into current pop music, blah!). But I went with a good friend and just loved seeing Roger up close. (Oh, and yes, I am female...haha. Some folks on here addressed me as "roger". haha).

Hoping this 1st cruise is the 1st of many!

I am very excited and looking forward to my 1st cruise, so of course I have a TON of anxiety over it. Don't think I'll spend a ton of time at the pool, since this is my 1st cruise I wanna explore as much of the ship as possible, but it will be nice to know there is a spot for adults to be without kids running around.

And YEA! A Pink Floyd fan! Not many people pick up on my "rogerwaters" screen name. I LOVE Pink Floyd. And I LOVE Roger Waters solo stuff. I saw him in 2006 for his Dark Side of the Moon tour. Paid $250 for 10th row seats. Worth every penny. It was just 2 months after Syd Barrett died. What a great show! My hubby is not a big fan at all of Floyd stuff (he's more into current pop music, blah!). But I went with a good friend and just loved seeing Roger up close. (Oh, and yes, I am female...haha. Some folks on here addressed me as "roger". haha).

Hoping this 1st cruise is the 1st of many!

Got to see them perform in the Superdome before RW left. Have all the CD in my automobile hard drive. Too bad no chance of a reunion now.

Archived