Best Solstice Aqua Class Cabin location

Linco711

Any positive/negatives on 1520? THats what I'm booked in for my Aug 15th cruise. Looks like a good number of AQ still available but not many 'prime' cabins. All the 1599-1610 hump cabins are booked.

would 1515 be a better choice as it's a bit further from the elevators and possible noise?

CabinAvailability.jpg

We were in 1606. You will have a nice big balcony with the bed by the balcony. Enjoy.

Yippee:D......so excited and can't wait.

How did you like the bed by the balcony...I've seen some posts saying this layout makes the cabin feel cramped. anyone have pics of this cabin by any chance?

How did you like the bed by the balcony...I've seen some posts saying this layout makes the cabin feel cramped. anyone have pics of this cabin by any chance?

I thought 1604 had the bed by the balcony and 1606 by the bath. :confused:

Here's Andreas Depping's photos of 1606 on Eclipse:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=139

1604 on 8/15/10

Here's 1604 & 06 info from the Solstice cabin sticky.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=17066507

1606 has bed by bath -- 1604 has bed by balcony.

Sandi - Thanks for the spreadsheet. While it didnt' have my specific cabin on it, there was enough info on close-by cabins. I think I'll be happy with what I have though I'll keep an eye out for the bigger balcony cabins.

We were able to secure 1603 and are thinking that it will be hot enough so some shade might be welcomed. I am hoping the overhang won't block our view of the stars? Anybody know how deep the overhang is? I can't seem to find a photo of the ship that shows the location of the stateroom Strait side shot close up. Thanks:)

Had 1603 the overhang covers the entire balcony. The shade was welcome. As for the stars at night just move closer to the railing-no problem & very romantic

Carole

• 1 month later...

If you go to the website sea scanner dot com (all one word) you can check on availability. Sometimes great staterooms are released back into inventory as people cancel their cruises, or change cabins.

451760061_wLvuQ-L.jpg

I just checked **seascan******** dot com for availablility on my cruise and called celeb and the cabins I want are available but not on ***seascann******* ...so I am not sure of its reliability...

Edited by riandei

I just checked **seascan******** dot com for availablility on my cruise and called celeb and the cabins I want are available but not on ***seascann******* ...so I am not sure of its reliability...

Hmm...I have checked that website against the Celebrity website many times, and have never, ever run up against a discrepancy, but it is always possible.

At least it will save you some time and reduce the number of cabins that you have to check individually with Celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

puglvr

I am going on my honeymoon in a couple of months and we are booked for solstice room AQ 1603. Did you end up staying in that room? How was it? Is there anything that you can tell me about the room? Good view? Was it noisy? I've seen a couple of things that said it was loud. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Whelpseeyoulater

puglvr

I am going on my honeymoon in a couple of months and we are booked for solstice room AQ 1603. Did you end up staying in that room? How was it? Is there anything that you can tell me about the room? Good view? Was it noisy? I've seen a couple of things that said it was loud. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Whelpseeyoulater

Hi

Had AQ 1603 last yr and have rebooked itr for next year ( pls keep it neat for me :) )

Bed is by bath. Balcony is covered by the overhang- a good thing as it can get very hot. Balcony is good sized -but not huge- perfect for 2 people. Have breakfast on th balcony its a wonderful way to start your day. As for noise-only heard loud music once-from deck above one evening-it stopped about midnight.Closet space is OK-closet seemed narrow but everything fit for 12 days. Bathroom- the shower is wonderful-multijets-no clothesline.

Have a happy honeymoon,

Carole

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm...I have checked that website against the Celebrity website many times, and have never, ever run up against a discrepancy, but it is always possible.

At least it will save you some time and reduce the number of cabins that you have to check individually with Celebrity.

If there are lots of open staterooms, seascan will NOT show all. Same with X's website. On X's website, an empty little box appears at the top, and a few cabins for the particular type of cabin for which you searched will appear at the bottom. If you don't see the cabin you want from the list at the bottom, type in desired cabin in the box at the top. If it's not avail, a message will appear telling you that. If it's open, you can put a hold on it until your ta/celebrity opens in the am.

• 2 weeks later...
If you like the sun, and do not want to deal with the support beams, make sure you get a forward cabin. We were in 1543. You will see what I mean if you look at a picture of the ship.

If you want a larger balcony, the angled balcony cabins off of the hump are great (although you will be under the overhang a little in AquaClass).

Hi Pushkin, We are sailing October 3rd on solstice and we have cabin 1541. I was wondering how did you like your cabin in 1543? Any noise and were there any issues with being near the elevator?

Thanks,

Suzi

I don't particularly want to be in the sun. We are in 1550 on the Solstice in Oct for B2B. Does anyone know if there is any shade on this balcony? Not much info on the Solstice cabin spreadsheet. I have already looked so that's why I am asking here. Hoping for shade,

Linda

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The bed is by the balcony in this stateroom.

BTW, welcome to cruise critic.

Thanks, we've changed to 1527. I'm glad to have found this forum. I'd never heard of the bed beside the balcony before and it seems an odd configuration. Only been with P&O before and all their cabins have the bed by the bath. But fed up with sailing from Southampton and taking 2 days each way to reach the sun

That website will only show up to 15 available cabins in a specific category per deck. As AQ on S Class are all on one deck there could be 50 available but it will only show 15.