Best Solstice Aqua Class Cabin location

Linco711

elena7seas,

Thank you for the the nice photo's and input. I am going back and forth over which room to choose (1603 or 1606) I guess a bit nuts but its our honeymoon and we are looking for a nice balcony to enjoy. Do you recall 1603 having a foot rest on the balcony with the lounge chairs. Are they standard on all AQ balconies? I am new to cruise critic and and and very thankful for all the advice from our fellow cruisers.:)

If you are interested, here are detailed pictures of AQ 1552 on the Solstice. Pictures of the balcony are on page 5.

(Sorry that the pictures are a bit dark. I forgot to turn on the overhead lighting, as it was quite bright in the room without them, although the pictures don't show that :).)

It was a great room and a great location. The balcony was lovely. We got sun for part of the day, but welcomed the shade as well. There was no wind curl, but the balcony did get enough air to be pleasant.

I don't know where the link went from my post above. I swear it was there when I posted! :rolleyes:

Here is the link again. The stateroom and balcony for AQ 1552 (in the photos) are virtually the same as AQ 1605, which we have also had the pleasure to sail in.

http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/Travel/Cruise-Ships/Celebrity-Solstice-Aquaclass/7051726_Pzoiv#451751605_oZ5t3

elena7seas,

Thank you for the the nice photo's and input. I am going back and forth over which room to choose (1603 or 1606) I guess a bit nuts but its our honeymoon and we are looking for a nice balcony to enjoy. Do you recall 1603 having a foot rest on the balcony with the lounge chairs. Are they standard on all AQ balconies? I am new to cruise critic and and and very thankful for all the advice from our fellow cruisers.:)

Either of the balconies will be a good choice, but they have differences.

In 1603 you will get a tiny bit of sun, depending on how the ship faces and how low the sun is. If you look at the picture of the AQ overhang that I posted above, and you look way down to the four balconies that are angled, the second-last balcony on the floor immediately under the overhang is AQ 1608, and it will have the same relative position as 1603.

The balcony in 1603 will be about 2 feet shorter (less deep) than the balcony in 1606, but it is still a good sized balcony. I doubt if 1606 will get much, if any, direct sun. The overhang will be a bit more noticeable in 1606, as it is set back a little more. You can just see a portion of the balcony in 1606 in my picture above--it would be the third-last angled balcony that is visible.

Yes, the lounge chairs all have ottomans on all Aquaclass balconies. The lounge chair w/ottoman combination is very comfortable. The balcony table is a good size as well...lovely for breakfast in the morning. Do not hesitate to ask your steward to set your breakfast up on the balcony for you. Some stewards will offer, some won't, but all are happy to do it for you.

Also, be sure to ask for the Aquaclass/Concierge Class Room Service menu if it is not in the room when you arrive. It is an expanded menu compared to what is available in regular balcony rooms.

Actually...it is probably worthwhile to take the AquaClass and the Concierge lists of perks with you (you are entitled to everything on the Concierge list as well as the Aquaclass list). The stewards are very busy on embarkation day, and may not mention everything that is available to you. For instance, I really enjoy the Goose Down pillows from the pillow menu, so I am careful to ask for that as soon as I meet our room steward, as the selection can be limited if you wait too long. (If the steward is not in the room when we first arrive, I leave a post-it note with my requests attached to the mirror. The stewards are happy to get what you request, and it is often in your cabin by the time you return later.)

Even after you select your cabin and book your cruise, you can continue to check for cabins like 1610, 1605, 1552 or 1547 (which are the AQ cabins with the biggest balconies AND the placement where you get the most sun). If you go to the website sea scanner dot com (all one word) you can check on availability. Sometimes great staterooms are released back into inventory as people cancel their cruises, or change cabins. (That is how I got both AQ 1552 and AQ 1605). If you have booked directly with Celebrity, you can call yourself and ask to have the room switched. If you are working with a TA, call your TA and ask her to do the switch for you. Your TA can also waitlist any specific room.

There is no charge to switch rooms within the same class. Even if the rate on that room has gone up since you first booked, you will still pay the same rate as in your initial reservation.

Here is the size of the balcony in AQ 1552/1605 (from my pictures at the link I posted above in message #29):

451760061_wLvuQ-L.jpg

Edited by elena7seas

elena7seas,

Great info thanks so much. At the moment I have 1603 and from the info and pictures you provided we seem to have a great cabin. As I said we will be honeymooners and will be spending time on the balcony and look forward to some R&R. A balcony with a couple of feet less (no problem) and a little sun and lots of shade sounds great. I hear the bed is by the bath also which is what we were looking for. Again Thank you for your advice.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Either of the balconies will be a good choice, but they have differences.

In 1603 you will get a tiny bit of sun, depending on how the ship faces and how low the sun is. If you look at the picture of the AQ overhang that I posted above, and you look way down to the four balconies that are angled, the second-last balcony on the floor immediately under the overhang is AQ 1608, and it will have the same relative position as 1603.

The balcony in 1603 will be about 2 feet shorter (less deep) than the balcony in 1606, but it is still a good sized balcony. I doubt if 1606 will get much, if any, direct sun. The overhang will be a bit more noticeable in 1606, as it is set back a little more. You can just see a portion of the balcony in 1606 in my picture above--it would be the third-last angled balcony that is visible.

Yes, the lounge chairs all have ottomans on all Aquaclass balconies. The lounge chair w/ottoman combination is very comfortable. The balcony table is a good size as well...lovely for breakfast in the morning. Do not hesitate to ask your steward to set your breakfast up on the balcony for you. Some stewards will offer, some won't, but all are happy to do it for you.

Also, be sure to ask for the Aquaclass/Concierge Class Room Service menu if it is not in the room when you arrive. It is an expanded menu compared to what is available in regular balcony rooms.

Actually...it is probably worthwhile to take the AquaClass and the Concierge lists of perks with you (you are entitled to everything on the Concierge list as well as the Aquaclass list). The stewards are very busy on embarkation day, and may not mention everything that is available to you. For instance, I really enjoy the Goose Down pillows from the pillow menu, so I am careful to ask for that as soon as I meet our room steward, as the selection can be limited if you wait too long. (If the steward is not in the room when we first arrive, I leave a post-it note with my requests attached to the mirror. The stewards are happy to get what you request, and it is often in your cabin by the time you return later.)

Even after you select your cabin and book your cruise, you can continue to check for cabins like 1610, 1605, 1552 or 1547 (which are the AQ cabins with the biggest balconies AND the placement where you get the most sun). If you go to the website sea scanner dot com (all one word) you can check on availability. Sometimes great staterooms are released back into inventory as people cancel their cruises, or change cabins. (That is how I got both AQ 1552 and AQ 1605). If you have booked directly with Celebrity, you can call yourself and ask to have the room switched. If you are working with a TA, call your TA and ask her to do the switch for you. Your TA can also waitlist any specific room.

There is no charge to switch rooms within the same class. Even if the rate on that room has gone up since you first booked, you will still pay the same rate as in your initial reservation.

Here is the size of the balcony in AQ 1552/1605 (from my pictures at the link I posted above in message #29):

451760061_wLvuQ-L.jpg

Thank you elena7seas for such a wonderful write-up! You definitely made me feel good about my cabin choice (1610)! :D

how about 1593? we have it in may.

We were in 1593 last week. The bed is by the balcony. Robert, our cabin attendant, was THE BEST! Took very good care of us. I liked being mid-ship...easy to get everywhere on the ship. There is a large overhang and the balcony is shady, which was perfect for me. I can always find sun upstairs if I want it.

I hope that you love Blu and AQ as much as we did!

Enjoy your cruise!

Virginia

Hi..thank you so much for all the info and pictures...we are booked on the Eclipse for Feb 2001 AQ 1603......seeing these pictures was really informative......I booked the cabin last week though Celebity directly as the "bump" cabins seemed to be only available from them.......I tried a few of the online cruise booking sites but kept getting info that they were not available......thanks again for all the detailed pictures....

Marianne

In your opinion where is the best Aqua Class cabin location? :) We're booking a last minute and they're aren't many left, so just waondering where the better choices would be..Thanks:)

i just booked 1552 (hump cabin) on 7/16 Equinox. I upgraded from C2 and saved $800 in the process since there are resident discounts right now on only AQ.

Hi..thank you so much for all the info and pictures...we are booked on the Eclipse for Feb 2001 AQ 1603......seeing these pictures was really informative......I booked the cabin last week though Celebity directly as the "bump" cabins seemed to be only available from them.......I tried a few of the online cruise booking sites but kept getting info that they were not available......thanks again for all the detailed pictures....

Marianne

ooops meant February 2011

I've just booked this cabin but I don't hear much about the cabins in the back- under the resort deck cabins. I can still book one of the hump cabins but I didn't want to chance being unlucky and have to put up with a lot of noise from the pool deck above. has anyone been in 1635 that can share some information. 1603 is still available. other than a larger balcony, is there any other advantage?

I've just booked this cabin but I don't hear much about the cabins in the back- under the resort deck cabins. I can still book one of the hump cabins but I didn't want to chance being unlucky and have to put up with a lot of noise from the pool deck above. has anyone been in 1635 that can share some information. 1603 is still available. other than a larger balcony, is there any other advantage?

1603 is right near the aft elevator banks and has a large balcony with the bed by the bath. You won't hear any noise from the above deck. We like that area of the ship near the elevators -- up to the buffet, down to the martini bar. I would prefer 1603 over 1635 in a heartbeat.

1603 is right near the aft elevator banks and has a large balcony with the bed by the bath. You won't hear any noise from the above deck. We like that area of the ship near the elevators -- up to the buffet, down to the martini bar. I would prefer 1603 over 1635 in a heartbeat.

thanks for the info. I tried calling my TA and they told me that celebrity had closed for the night. I called celebrity myself and they were open for another hour. I will be calling my TA tomorrow..first thing in the a.m. and change my cabin to 1603. I appreciate your recommendation. the online cruise site I used gives free gratuities but if it wasn't for that, I would cancel with them and book directly with celebrity. lets hope it's still available tomorrow morning

i just booked 1552 (hump cabin) on 7/16 Equinox. I upgraded from C2 and saved $800 in the process since there are resident discounts right now on only AQ.

You might want to check out posts on 1552....could run into problems with window washing equipment! Check my updated "S Class Cabin" spreadsheet (posted in Solstice sticky).

For us we picked 1623 - We like a big balcony but we also have that at home as we live on the 15th facing the ocean, so it boiled down to peace and quite. I made the mistake of picking a cabin that had no cabins above it once and it was horrible. I have also made the mistake of picking a suite (you would think that it would be quite) that was close to a club....yep bad idea. We picked a cabin with cabins above and below us and the average size balcony will be just fine.

• 4 weeks later...
We have 1547 on the solstice in June - I believe its one of the largest balcony sizes and should be on an angle so get sun rather than overhang...am I right???

We were just on the solstice last week. That cabin has window washing equipment hanging. It is a an obstructed view...The equipment did not move the whole week. I would not have been happy in that cabin. I had that cabin booked originally for our cruise, but after reading reports on this board, I changed. There are pictures on here of it somewhere. Hope this helps:)

Hi. We were in 1628 and our kids are in 1626 on the Equinox in June. In reading these posts/looking at some of the pics, I'm thinking that there might be an overhang. Can anyone comment? I really hope not as we like the sun!

• 2 months later...