Any age restrictions on Studio cabins?

calmac

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any age restrictions for the Studio cabins given that the person would be "alone"?

For the cruise we're looking at the price for 1 aft facing balcony (3 people) is the same as the price for 3 studio cabins. We would lose the balcony but gain extra space plus the Studio Lounge. Our DS, the third person, would be 15. Just wondering if we could book a cabin just for him?

No problem Hillary just make sure my buddy is booked into one of the Studios that is connected to one of the other cabins. There are lots.

What date are you looking at?

Minors

A passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under 21 passenger throughout the cruise.

It would be August 2011 in the Med. The date I priced was 7th August. Not the best itinerary but your buddy's missing out on the Epic TA :D

Our other options for August 2011 are Bermuda either on the Dawn or the Gem. If we did the Gem we could also fit in the Jewel.

I must have read your post wrong. Did you really say you were willing to give up an aft balcony (premium spot for balcony cabin) for a studio (designed for singles) because you would have EXTRA SPACE IF YOU GOT A STUDIO?!? The extra space being the lounge. A space designed for twenty somethings to "hang out"? THAT is where you would prefer a 15 year old to be? AND you want a 15 YEAR OLD to have their own room???????? If NCL allows this, which I certainly hope they don't, shame on them!! And shame on you for considering this arrangement.

I must have read your post wrong. Did you really say you were willing to give up an aft balcony (premium spot for balcony cabin) for a studio (designed for singles) because you would have EXTRA SPACE IF YOU GOT A STUDIO?!? The extra space being the lounge. A space designed for twenty somethings to "hang out"? THAT is where you would prefer a 15 year old to be? AND you want a 15 YEAR OLD to have their own room???????? If NCL allows this, which I certainly hope they don't, shame on them!! And shame on you for considering this arrangement.

Goin - chill. 3 studios is twice the space for 3 people then one 151 SF balcony cabins, throw in 3 bathrooms and another plus. As far as the lounge where did you get the idea it was for 20 somethings. I know lots of people who have booked studios and none are 20 something. Not shame on NCL but applause. They will allow this for connecting cabins. Lets face if they did not like some other lines then some just book an adult in each cabin and move when they get onboard.

Shame on you for reprimanding Calmac on this arrangement. You don't know these people or their son. I have cruised with them all. That 15 yo is more mature then most of the adults on any ship. No difference having him in a connecting studio then the second bedroom in an AB or CV.

My apologies . . . I have two teenage daughters and a newly teenage son. The NCL website does sort of portray a bar setting for the studio guests (living room) so I was blown away that a 15 yo would be given full access to people, who, most probably, will be in their twenties. I obviously mistook the OP and sincerely apologize for the misundertanding.

Well, shoot, Time. Now I feel bad because when I think about it, I would actually trust all three of my kids in a studio. So now I sit red-faced . . . awww heck. . . OP, have fun and I'm sorry.

Apology accepted.

With the pricing set as it is the cost of 2 studios for the 3 of us is exactly the same as the cost of 3 studios for the 3 of us.

With the pricing set as it is the cost of 2 studios for the 3 of us is exactly the same as the cost of 3 studios for the 3 of us.

great way to test out the studios

AB has a luggage room, Studios get a luggage CABIN.

They need to fix the pricing for the studio so that 2pax gets a reduced rate.

Could be that at double ocupancy the lounge could get overcrowded so this is a way to keep numbers down.

watch out for location some of those cabins are a long way from the lounge.

The "Studios" are only approx 100 sq ft. 2 people in there would be a little crowded, I would think. might work if one is a child. BTW, I am a 65 y/o single. There are a lot of widows & widowers out there who will welcome these accommodations and not have to pay an arm & a leg.

Don

They need to fix the pricing for the studio so that 2pax gets a reduced rate.

If they do that the will expose the fact that singles are in fact paying a supplement. When they repriced for solo they in fact raised the per person rate. Not the usual 200% but based on the old fares ~140%.

They used to be ~$100 pp less then the cheapest inside. Now they are ~ $300 more pp.

Right now it looks like they would rather sell 2 connecting studios to passengers traveling together.

One thing for sure it is working. Lots on inside cabins still available for the TA in June but the Studios are sold out. Current pricing is brilliant marketing.

I have a studio booked for July 10th and I got a great deal on the room. It was a ton of money cheaper than if I had booked a room WITH a single supplement charge.

As I've said before here this is my first cruise so I'm not planning on being in my room much except for showering and sleeping.

As far as the age I just turned the ripe "old" age of 50 so I'm definitely not a "twenty something". Heck, I can barely remember my twenties. ;)

I believe the studios are being marketed to single cruisers regardless of age.

As far as the age I just turned the ripe "old" age of 50 so I'm definitely not a "twenty something". Heck, I can barely remember my twenties. ;)

I believe the studios are being marketed to single cruisers regardless of age.

I think you will find far more 50+ cruising solo the " twenty somethings"

Hi California. Yeah, my bad on the date. My DD b-day is the 15th and it sticks in my head!! I'm on roll call trying to get a pre-party going for the night of the 15th but am a newbie on that. Kinda hard to do b/c few have flight plans and hotel stays finalized yet. Check it out and input is appreciated.

Goin,

What information have you seen that would indicate the studio living room is for 20 somethings? I'm intrigued by the studio staterooms, and I'm a 57 yr. old single cruiser.

Roz

Hey what's everyone's problem with "twenty somethings".. I'm a twenty something (27)....lol

just booked a studio for sept 18th. Price was so much cheaper then interior due to the singles supliment. I LOVE this concept let's see how I feel about it once I've experienced it. I travel solo and like meeting other solo passengers single or not age doesn't matter. Good company is just good company so I'm very much looking forward to the "livingroom."

these studio rooms got me to book, oasis has got me to look...I think it's genius.

Archived