New Towel policy and excursions

I just got off the JOS yesterday and there is no problem whatsoever. Our itinerary was water centric and we and most of the ship brought towels to the shore. However many you check out at the beginning of the cruise is how many you should return at the end of the cruise.

On our last cruise, MSC, it was the same way. You only pay for the towels if you don't bring them back. You walk up to the towel area, tell the person how many towels and room number and off you go. When you bring them back you do the same process, room number and how many. It's really simple, and for me this is nothing new, but maybe it is for some people.. I find it a small inconvenience, nothing to ruin my day. :confused::)

On our last cruise, MSC, it was the same way. You only pay for the towels if you don't bring them back. You walk up to the towel area, tell the person how many towels and room number and off you go. When you bring them back you do the same process, room number and how many. It's really simple, and for me this is nothing new, but maybe it is for some people.. I find it a small inconvenience, nothing to ruin my day. :confused::)

While it may be old hat on MSC, it's a new procedure on Royal Caribbean.

Just to confirm - they scan your SeaPass card, don't just write down your room number.

And don't be shy about bringing the sandy wet towels back and swapping them out for fresh ones. The towel stand is open early in the morning and into the eveniong.

we just got off the Jewel of the sea and the towel policy is not a problem. we got the towels in our room I think the second day. We only encountered the policy one time. We went to the pool on the spur of the moment and didn't have a towel. I went over to the pool person asked for a towel and he asked for my stateroom number. Later when we were done I returned the towel and crossed off my name. I think it is a good policy because it cuts down on people trying to save chairs with a towel. It seemed on this cruise there was less chair hogging.

We went snorkeling and took our towels with us just like before. We might have been a little bit more careful with them. Also when coming back with the wet towels we left them in the bathroom and our room steward replaced them with clean ones just like before.

Archived