Connecting rooms

Scootch

Hello All-

I need some suggestions.....we are taking my 17 yr old son and his girlfriend with us on Liberty. We always get a balcony so I was thinking of getting a connecting balcony room for the kids. I don't want the kids in an inside cabin across the hall.

Has anyone booked two balcony rooms and if so does CCL gives a more attractive rate on the second balcony?

Or, is anyone familiar w/ the suites on the Liberty class? My husband snores big time, I need privacy for the girlfriend, and the kids want to stay out later.... so the kids need their own space. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance,

Scootch

As far as the suites The Junior, Ocean, and Grand Suites have the "living room" and the bedroom together.

Unless you get the Captains Suite which has a separate bedroom. It is expensive though. It runs around $3,000 per person for the first two people and $450 per person for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th people.

Get some earlplugs for the girlfriend - she'll survive the snoring. Not to judge, but no way would I put a 17 year old boy and his girlfriend in a cabin by themselves! :eek: I would rather be woken up by them coming in late (still go thru it with dd18/dd21) and know they were in the cabin safely than give them free run of the ship - they are only 17, after all, not adults! We have had connecting balcony rooms on Liberty and Freedom - got them when we hit a "sale." Still cost much more than a balcony and an interior. Truthfully - if you are going to put them in their own balcony room for "privacy" you may as well stick them across the hall!

Had connecting balconies on the Liberty last August. No reduced rates for the second cabin. We booked Early Saver about 5 months out and really lucked out with several price drops and lots of OBC. Not sure what you mean about privacy for the girlfriend... but this may help to give you a visual about the bed arrangement: the connecting door inside the cabin was at the foot of our bed (twins put together to make a king), and we could see our son and my father laying in their beds... their beds were arranged as twins in their room. We also opened the balcony divider, which blocked the balcony door in other cabin. We liked this, though, as we didn't want our son (11yo) to go out on the balcony at night without us knowing. The balcony door in our cabin was just 2 feet from my side of the bed, so we would have been woken up if he opened the balcony door while sailing (very windy). Hope this helps... Good luck!

Get some earlplugs for the girlfriend - she'll survive the snoring. Not to judge, but no way would I put a 17 year old boy and his girlfriend in a cabin by themselves! :eek: I would rather be woken up by them coming in late (still go thru it with dd18/dd21) and know they were in the cabin safely than give them free run of the ship - they are only 17, after all, not adults! We have had connecting balcony rooms on Liberty and Freedom - got them when we hit a "sale." Still cost much more than a balcony and an interior. Truthfully - if you are going to put them in their own balcony room for "privacy" you may as well stick them across the hall!

I skipped over that part. I didn't know it was the son and the girlfriend. I thought it was the two kids.

We've got two rooms that are connected on our cruise next week and there was no discount at all. However, the total cost of the two rooms was still considerably less than booking one suite.

We've got two rooms that are connected on our cruise next week and there was no discount at all. However, the total cost of the two rooms was still considerably less than booking one suite.

Also the advantage to booking two rooms instead of a suite is that you will have 4 twin or 2 king beds instead of 2 twins or a king and a double convertible sofa. Also if you get two rooms it will have two bathrooms and only one in a suite.

Had connecting balconies on the Liberty last August. No reduced rates for the second cabin. We booked Early Saver about 5 months out and really lucked out with several price drops and lots of OBC. Not sure what you mean about privacy for the girlfriend... but this may help to give you a visual about the bed arrangement: the connecting door inside the cabin was at the foot of our bed (twins put together to make a king), and we could see our son and my father laying in their beds... their beds were arranged as twins in their room. We also opened the balcony divider, which blocked the balcony door in other cabin. We liked this, though, as we didn't want our son (11yo) to go out on the balcony at night without us knowing. The balcony door in our cabin was just 2 feet from my side of the bed, so we would have been woken up if he opened the balcony door while sailing (very windy). Hope this helps... Good luck!

Lots of help....thank you!

I skipped over that part. I didn't know it was the son and the girlfriend. I thought it was the two kids.

It still kinda is two kids.... I still want them close to me yet want to give them their space and we want ours.

Our son has stayed in a beautiful suite at the Venetian in Vegas w/ them and will be going with her family to the Bahamas this summer. We want to do something nice for her in return. Our son loves to cruised and wants to introduce her to it.

I did see the presidential suite and that would be perfect.....except for the price.

:)

It still kinda is two kids.... I still want them close to me yet want to give them their space and we want ours.

Our son has stayed in a beautiful suite at the Venetian in Vegas w/ them and will be going with her family to the Bahamas this summer. We want to do something nice for her in return. Our son loves to cruised and wants to introduce her to it.

I did see the presidential suite and that would be perfect.....except for the price.

:)

Yeah it would be a pretty hefty price tag. With taxes and everything around $7,500-$8,000 for 7 days. But you would get a VERY nice room.

IF you want to impress the DGF with nice balcony cabins and "their own space", but don't want them to sleep or dress in close proximity, then consider this option: book two connecting balcony cabins, making sure that one of the cabins has a sleeping capacity for three (convertible couches are comfy on Carnival). DS & DGF could use the other cabin "as their own space" during the day, but at night, DS would sleep on the couch in your room. The connecting door could then be cracked or closed, giving DGF a private sleeping area away from DH's snores, as well as for showering and dressing.

Assuming DGF is also a minor, keep in mind that at least 1 person over the age of 21 has to be "booked" in each cabin (where you ultimately sleep doesn't matter). Also, you will need notarized letters from both her parents to board and get her off/on the ship at ports outside the US.

Personally, I think cruises are so much fun, that two connecting insides would still be a special "treat" for her and would save you considerable $$ vs. two balconies, especially if you are paying her "entire" way! (Again, look for 2 connecting insides, making sure that one of them sleeps 3, for ultimate privacy for her.) Good luck!

IF you want to impress the DGF with nice balcony cabins and "their own space", but don't want them to sleep or dress in close proximity, then consider this option: book two connecting balcony cabins, making sure that one of the cabins has a sleeping capacity for three (convertible couches are comfy on Carnival). DS & DGF could use the other cabin "as their own space" during the day, but at night, DS would sleep on the couch in your room. The connecting door could then be cracked or closed, giving DGF a private sleeping area away from DH's snores, as well as for showering and dressing.

Assuming DGF is also a minor, keep in mind that at least 1 person over the age of 21 has to be "booked" in each cabin (where you ultimately sleep doesn't matter). Also, you will need notarized letters from both her parents to board and get her off/on the ship at ports outside the US.

Personally, I think cruises are so much fun, that two connecting insides would still be a special "treat" for her and would save you considerable $$ vs. two balconies, especially if you are paying her "entire" way! (Again, look for 2 connecting insides, making sure that one of them sleeps 3, for ultimate privacy for her.) Good luck!

Great advise from all. The two families will discuss and we will go from there!!

Also the advantage to booking two rooms instead of a suite is that you will have 4 twin or 2 king beds instead of 2 twins or a king and a double convertible sofa. Also if you get two rooms it will have two bathrooms and only one in a suite.

The other advantage is that we have CCL stock in two different accounts, so we were able to get the onboard credit for each room!

Archived