Another FLL Hotel Question

NoVa Mimi

If given a choice between The Ritz, Il Lugano and The Atlantic which would be the better choice for 1 night pre-cruise? We will have to depend on the surrounding area for our two meals as we will not have a car. Also is there a best choice of room location at these properties? I have been checking a site "Perfect Escapes" which seems fine though a search of this board showed nothing~has anyone used them or heard of them before? Sorry for all the questions, but thank you all for the help!

All 3 hotels have restaurants on site. The Ritz-Carlton is closest to lots of other restaurants and bars, and is next door to CVS for last minute items and wine. It's also closest to the port and airport. The Atlantic is only about a half mile north of the Ritz, so you still have access to the same area. Both are right across the street from the beach. Il Lugano is nice but is furthest from FLL and port, and is several blocks away from ocean access, and it's not as nice a place to take a walk nearby. It does have about a half dozen restaurants in the walkable area.

You are welcome! I love the Ritz lobby. It's really elegant. It opened as a St. Regis but changed to Ritz last year. The bar there is really nice and has a terrace overlooking the ocean. The Atlantic is also very pretty but not as expansive. Both of their restaurants can be hit or miss. I haven't been in Il Lugano, but it looks nice from the outside and is in a nice area.

Sharon

The Ritz it will be! :) Would it be best to book through the hotel itself or one of the third party booking sites? Unless I'm missing a really good deal somewhere, they all seem to be the same price.

If they are the same price, book directly. Also, sign up for their frequent point program (Marriott?).

The Ritz it will be! :) Would it be best to book through the hotel itself or one of the third party booking sites? Unless I'm missing a really good deal somewhere, they all seem to be the same price.

Unless you get a much better deal, it is best to book directly through the hotel, as it gives you more control over your reservation. The summer rates are great anyway!

Archived