A Taste of Juneau

Duncarob

i did this on princess in 06.. you go to the salmon hatchery-walking distance of cruise ship- think last stop. you start at Mendanhall Glacier. not enough time there. then we went to the Juneau Beer Factory.. what a cool place. you get lots of samples and a mini tour. then off to Tuka (sp) salmon for outside and inside tour..more food!! I enjoyed it after flightseeing and dog sledding.

this summer back to mendenhall for me!!

There are some independent bus tours of Juneau to also perhaps consider. They run about 1/2 the cost of the ship tours. Will be booths set up right on the dock.

Most include a drive by downtown narrated segment, a stop at Mendenhall Glacier, including the visitor center, a stop at Chapel on the lake, and a stop on Douglas Island with a nice cruise ship view.

i did this on princess in 06.. you go to the salmon hatchery-walking distance of cruise ship- QUOTE]

This may be "walking" distance for a few, but, it's almost 4 miles from the cruise ship docks.

NO it was not!! we were a 2 minute walk to Twisted Fish and less than 10 to the ship.

You may be thinking of Taku Smokery, which processes and smokes the fish, but is not a hatchery. It shares the building with The Twisted Fish.

yes I was .. :o i called it the hatchery but i saw so much that day including huge fish.. but it is a close walk to the ship.. it was the last stop on the tour. already said i can not spell:D

Archived