Restaurant near Hyatt Place North

seagopher

If you go on Mapquest and put in the hotel address there should be a button for restaurants/hotels/etc that will bring up a list of them. There are a lot of bars within walking distance. Shooters Cafe on the inland waterway in about a $10 cab fare each way but is worth it for dinner. Great food, Great setting!

I don't know about happy hours but here are some popular restaurants within 1-4 blocks:

Outback

Grumpy Gators

Chuck's Steakhouse

Bistro Mezzaluna

Carlo's & Pepes

Taza

Waxy O'Connors

Quarterdeck

Kelly's Landing

Southport Raw Bar

Ernie's

Doughboys (no table service but good pizza, etc)

Moe's burritos (fast food but really good)

Did you llive in Maryland at one time? If so, which of the places you recommended would have good seafood. Are would you recommend one, if we had to get a cab. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I grew up near Baltimore. Sorry, but compared to Baltimore seafood I cannot recommend any restaurants in South Florida. Kelly's Landing does have seafood that New Englanders love, though. Blue Moon Fish Co. is probably our best seafood restaurant, but it is 25 minutes north of the port. Charley's Crab is good and is on the water taxi route. People like Rustic Inn because it's supposed to be like a Maryland crab house, but I assure you that the crabs that they serve would not be served in Maryland. In Maryland, shrimp dishes have jumbo shrimp, even shrimp salad has large shrimp. Don't expect to see jumbo shrimp in Fort Lauderdale, except maybe in a shrimp cocktail. Other popular restaurants (but not with the trendy crowd) are Old FL Seafood House, Sea Watch, and 15th St Fisheries. Some restaurants serve stone crabs, but I don't eat them, so I don't know where you might go. I don't eat shellfish anymore, so that's the best that I can tell you.

Archived