Looking for information on Eli's Eco Tour

cruzzers

Does Eli still let you swim to Hell's Gate and climb it. We did his tour years ago when he was just starting and loved climbing Hell's Gate. Does the Extreme tour stop there or just the Eco tour?

I,ve just booked this tour for next april , just had an e-mail from them and the hells gate stop and climb is mentioned but they also say the boat holds 50 people but limit the number they take to 25 for comfort reasons so I would recommend anyone interested in the tour to book asap ,don,t want anyone to be disappointed , I,ve only booked it because of the posts on here saying how good it is, only one post against it but you can,t please all of the people all of the time.

Have a great cruise

Loved Eli's Eco tour! Our group included myself, husband, teenage daughter and father. We loved the food, the boat, the crew, the snorkeling, the scenery and the fact that it was a small group. Although we were staying in a villa in Jolly Beach, and met them at the dock there, we picked up and dropped off passengers right at the cruise dock. They were very careful to bring them back in time. Eli's and Stingray sailing in Grand Cayman are both great excursion trips if you do not like BIG crowds.

• 4 weeks later...

We have been on the ECO tour twice and loved it. But is has been several years. Does Eli himself still do the tours as he did then or is his operation getting to big. As I remember they also had an escalating discount for repeat passengers. Is this still in effect ?

Does anyone know if an actual life jacket is an option on either the Eco Tour or the Creole Cruises tour?

I don't swim and have only tried snorkeling once - last week! We did this at Stingray Beach in Cozumel, and they gave us a choice between an inflatable vest and an actual life jacket for extra buoyancy. With the life vest, I felt confident enough to go out in water that was over my head and enjoyed the snorkeling portion of the excursion. If only the inflatable vest was available, I don't know that I would have been brave enough to try that part of the tour.

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated as we make plans for our trip next June. Thanks!

Does anyone know if an actual life jacket is an option on either the Eco Tour or the Creole Cruises tour?

I don't swim and have only tried snorkeling once - last week! We did this at Stingray Beach in Cozumel, and they gave us a choice between an inflatable vest and an actual life jacket for extra buoyancy. With the life vest, I felt confident enough to go out in water that was over my head and enjoyed the snorkeling portion of the excursion. If only the inflatable vest was available, I don't know that I would have been brave enough to try that part of the tour.

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated as we make plans for our trip next June. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that they have actual life jackets available on the Eco Tour. Best thing to do is e-mail Adventure Antigua and ask. http://www.adventureantigua.com

BTW you'll have a great time on Serenade !

Ernie

Thanks, Ernie! I appreciate your feedback! I will take your advice and check with the tour operator directly concerning the availability of life vests for snorkeling.

We have never sailed on the Serenade (though I see you are a big fan of that ship!) or seen any of the islands on our itinerary, so this will be quite the adventure for us.

Archived