Booking future cruise on board - Celebrity & RCCL?

tiffnco

Hi there,

I know on RCCL you can book an X cruise...can you book an RCCL cruise while on X? Do they still offer benefits and/or promotions for doing so on a sister line?

We are sailing in June and are talking about taking advantage of this...but the cruise we want to take, Celebrity doesn't sail...

Just this afternoon my husband and I stopped off at our TA. I asked her the very same question. She says it cannot be done. X will only allow future onboard bookings for X, not for RCCL. :(

I was hoping to do the same thing as you. Let's hope my TA is wrong.

We were recently on the infinity and people were able to book future cruises on RCI. I believe it was the same deal as if you were booking on Celebrity - lower deposit and an OBC depending on the length of your crusie but I am not sure.

Just this afternoon my husband and I stopped off at our TA. I asked her the very same question. She says it cannot be done. X will only allow future onboard bookings for X, not for RCCL. :(

Your TA was wrong. You can book a future for RCI while on Celebrity, and vice versa.

Jo-Ann

If you do it, just double check it as soon as you get home. Our last 3 have been screwed up & never really booked. They gave us a reservation number, we gave them CC info/told it would be directly charged to CC on file for onboard account, and then we get home and discover that things weren't forwarded correctly or were canceled. The resolutions department has been able to fix all three of them, but it is still a pain to have to spend that much time on the phone getting it fixed.

I have an upcoming cruise in April where I'd like to book another cruise. I know they offer OBC but since I have the RCL shareholder benefit that's not combinable. Does anyone know if you can negotiate something else lieu of OBC such as category upgrades?

Personally,

I'd just ask the future cruise sales guy/girl once I am on board.

My perspective: Celebrity is always only as good as my last cruise. They stay good, I keep booking them... ;)

Hi, jerseygirl3! Just to let you know: my TA has not been wrong yet (although I hope this time she is) and my husband, who used to be a TA, informs me that he believes (is not certain; it's been years) you can book UP (RCCL to Celebrity) but not DOWN (Celebrity to RCCL) :( Again, I hope you are right, because I myself would like to book an RCCL from Celebrity :).

My DW and I booked a Liberty of the Seas cruise while on our Century Cruise last week. No problem..there. We were trying to get close to friends and my wife couldn't remember the cabin number. No problem said the lady helping us, gave us her desk phone to call our friends at home. The deposit is only $200 instead of $500.

Caughrons

Hi, jerseygirl3! Just to let you know: my TA has not been wrong yet (although I hope this time she is) and my husband, who used to be a TA, informs me that he believes (is not certain; it's been years) you can book UP (RCCL to Celebrity) but not DOWN (Celebrity to RCCL) :( Again, I hope you are right, because I myself would like to book an RCCL from Celebrity :).

Sorry to say, but both your TA and DH are wrong. You can most definitely book an RCI cruise while aboard Celebrity and vice versa. Honestly, your TA should have offered to make a call for you and find out for sure so there would be no doubt in your mind. I hate it when TA's are unsure of an answer to a client's question and don't offer to find out the correct answer.

My DW and I booked a Liberty of the Seas cruise while on our Century Cruise last week. No problem..there. We were trying to get close to friends and my wife couldn't remember the cabin number. No problem said the lady helping us, gave us her desk phone to call our friends at home. The deposit is only $200 instead of $500.

Caughrons

Were you given an onboard credit for booking your next cruise while onboard the current cruise. If so how much onboard credit are you given. Also was this deposit amount for a 7 day cruise. Do you know if the deposit is the same for all cruise lengths?

Thanks!

I have about $300 of OBC. Does anyone know if I can use OBC for my deposit on a future cruise while onboard the current cruise. Are there any restrictions preventing on board credit from being used in this way?

Were you given an on-board credit for booking your next cruise while on-board the current cruise. If so how much on-board credit are you given. Also was this deposit amount for a 7 day cruise. Do you know if the deposit is the same for all cruise lengths?

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken by what other people have told me, there are three amounts based upon length of cruise. Seven night is $100, ten night is $200 and 14 night is $300. They can't be combined with other similar Celebrity OBC.

I have about $300 of OBC. Does anyone know if I can use OBC for my deposit on a future cruise while onboard the current cruise. Are there any restrictions preventing on board credit from being used in this way?

Asked this on my last cruise and told by Future Cruide Consultant that I couldn't use OBC for deposit on future cruise.

Was on Solstice last month and booked Liberty of the Seas for August and Oasis for next January..$200 deposit for each stateroom ($100 per person) and $100 OBC per stateroom. They were also offering free cabin upgrades when you booked on board, but I don't believe they always offer this.

I then joined the Royal Caribbean version of Captain's Club, was enrolled as Platinum because I am Select on Celebrity. This has now given us an extra $100 discount per balcony cabin for each cruise.

Lastly, I have now transferred my booking to my TA, who offered me an additional $300 OBC per cabin.

Absolutely not true unless it changed since January. On our last cruise on the Solstice, I booked a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas and one on the Celebrity Equinox.

Archived