Just back from Navigator 2/19 cruise

liindajean

I also like to read reviews and try to glean from them facts that help me. Stains on carpets don't matter to me. Motion and vibration are so subjective that I ignore them totally. Complaints about missed ports and rants for credit are self serving. What I want to know is how the crew interacts, were reasonable requests responded to and would you go on this cruise again. In my seventeen cruises the first was my least favorite, but it still lead me to the next sixteen. We are on the Navigator for the third time going on the April 25 to Bermuda. I really enjoyed Linda's pictures, especially the view of the updated Stars Lounge which has always been our favorite spot. Pedro and Ricky were the lead bartenders on the two New Years cruises we took on this ship and I hope at least one is on board now. We also had great service from Franco and Guisippe. While we have enjoyed Regents larger ships we prefer the smaller Navigator and I am so pleased they updated her. One thing for all of us to remember is that Regent is not what it was five years ago, but neither is Celebrity, HAL, Crystal or Royal Carribean. The market is moving to casual, mass market and Regent and other high-end small ship lines are the last vestige of the product we liked when we started cruising. Thanks to all of you that do reviews, provide feedback (positive and negative) and keep those with an interest in cruising occupied between trips.

TW Gilmore

A happy cruiser!

llindajean: just read your wonderful review of the Navigator. Reading it increases our excitement for our Alaska cruise at the end of May. Thank you for taking the time to do the review!

TWG_ag: You brought up some really good points. Nothing is the same as it was "before" -- not even life in the U.S. You are able, however, to appreciate the way things are now. That is great! Your comment about stains on the carpet brought me back to our first cruise on the Voyager (our favorite ship). At the time, the stains seemed like a big deal. That only shows how naive I was. How can anyone walk on a ship that is moving and not have spills, etc. Regent cleans the carpets constantly. . . . . still, there are areas that show the water stains.

Thanks again to both of you. I have much more of an understanding of the "new" Navigator than I did previously!

Stains on the carpets have been discussed from time to time. Most of them are not stains but shadows caused by the lights. If you stand in a certain spot the "stain" disappears. I was on the Navigator in January and there were no stains on the carpets.

review is posted. any questons, please ask :)

I enjoyed reading your review, liindajean, thank you for the time and trouble you took. Did you ever work out who the MIS were? The ship's crew have uniforms usually, though the CD and entertainment staff don't.

When planning our upcoming trip, we had considered booking that suite with the wrap around deck ont he front of the ship

and have instead optedfor 3 suites next to each other...and plan to have the balconies opened to each other for one long deck.:rolleyes:

We were told that is possible. Please say thats correct. :confused:

Have read on various Regent threads that the views OUTSIDE with the sea breeze, sounds and smells etc of the Alaskan wilderness are far more wonderful outside than in an interior/observation room...

I expect that on Alaskan cruises one might find observation lounge chairs hogs as much as a pool deck lounge hog...hummm:(

When planning our upcoming trip, we had considered booking that suite with the wrap around deck ont he front of the ship

and have instead optedfor 3 suites next to each other...and plan to have the balconies opened to each other for one long deck.:rolleyes:

I don't think so. I did not ask anyone about it on our cruise but the walls between the balconies seem made of steel and bolted to the deck. They do not seem easy to remove. I might be wrong, but I would not bank on having one long deck.

I don't think so. I did not ask anyone about it on our cruise but the walls between the balconies seem made of steel and bolted to the deck. They do not seem easy to remove. I might be wrong, but I would not bank on having one long deck.

I'm sort of hoping that this is true as well, for our June 2011 Alaskan cruise. My TA seemed to think it could be done, but doing a search on these boards, I've only seen mention of it with the Voyager and the Mariner. Someone must know?

Hi,

Why not email Regent on their website and ask. I've emailed them two times before booking a cruise and I received call backs within 24 hours from Regent. After over 35 cruises, this has never happened with Customer Service on any other cruiseline except for tours with Tauck Tours.

Sheila

Archived