My cyber version of going postal, re NORO

JEDIKNIGHT

Now this is just silly. That hand sanitizer is so I don't get sick and if I am already sick then I don't need it do I??? (Just kidding--I completely agree, if you are sick, don't breathe on me!)

Cullan....

Sorry you and the Cullan family had to deal with Noro. Looks like you made the best of it, and looks like it could've been alot worse. Glad you came out of it okay and still enjoyed the trip.

I read these boards often but not the main review page. I just read your review. Enjoyed it...and I'm touched you remembered me and my comments vis a vis the stir-fry and Indian food. Glad you enjoyed it.

May you have safe travels in the future, hopefully our paths cross at sea one day.

Is it really that bad to stay in cabin, have room service delivered like you're a king, watch TV and wait until you're less contagious?

I wish it were this easy! I totally agree with staying in cabin -DH was isolated Thurs-Monday of our recent Mercury cruise, but having 'room service delivered like you're a king' was far from the truth in our case. Ordering from MDR was a 3 1/2 hour nightmare, traditional room service was fair but after several days seemed quite limited. Personally, I spent the days that DH was sick scrounging for gatorade, toast, jello, juice, clean towels, clean comforter, scrubbing bathroom and washing soiled laundry. Yes, he stayed in the cabin, from when he had first inkling that he might be sick until about 36 hours post-symptoms when officially released. 'room service delivered like you're a king', or even several basic amenities, were not to be found on our cruise!

Archived