BYO... Margaritas?

iamaphisig

I know you're allowed to bring your own wine, etc. on board... but I'm wondering about bringing something like Margarita mix, or "Mike's Hard Lemonade." Is that allowed? Are we allowed to drink it in public areas? Is it "taboo" to do that? Not trying to be a cheapskate, but we just like some specific things that they don't offer on the ship.

Hey now, maybe bring a small blender and a surge strip for the cabin, eh!:cool: Wink, wink! Nudge, nudge! ;)

Hey Copper 10-8: Ever since you changed your avatar I've been wondering if that is your butt in the green speedo!;)

I know you're allowed to bring your own wine, etc. on board... but I'm wondering about bringing something like Margarita mix, or "Mike's Hard Lemonade." Is that allowed? Are we allowed to drink it in public areas? Is it "taboo" to do that? Not trying to be a cheapskate, but we just like some specific things that they don't offer on the ship.

You'll be happy to hear you can order a margarita at every bar on board. They make 'em great. :)

Mikes hard lemonade is actually a malt beverage and falls under 'beer'. At least the old CEO called it a beer product, beer licensing/purchasing rules govern it, and it's the same essentially (albeit flavored) as schlitz or steele reserve. So that I think you could bring.

I would think you could bring margarita mix too. But just the mix. Not with tequilla in it. I'm way too much of a nervous nelly to try sneaking stuff I'm not supposed to onto the ship. People on NCL thought it was kinda funny to get caught though. You could always buy tequila for your room ahead of time and add it to mix you bring with you if you like.

Did HAL change the rule to now allow beer to be brought aboard? I thought they only permitted wine and champagne.

I have read here the odd now and then when someone has gotten their beer aboard but I didn't think it was now okay.

Archived