RCI Ripping us off!!!!

The best way to get even with them and teach them a lesson is to book a cruise in the Fall when you gain an hour with the change from daylight savings to standard time.:D Better yet, book a Westbound transatlantic cruise and cruise for four or five extra hours at no additional cost.;)

Going westbound, you get an extra hour on time change days. My husband gets up before I do and goes down to the Promenade Deck for coffee and a donut and people watch while I get my act together. He gets a kick out of how we can "adjust" to the extra hour but the little kiddos have a harder time. There is always one bleary eyed parent down there with Energizer Bunnies while the other partner sleeps in.

Tucker in Texas

Oh..VMcG how we envy you! ;)

We did the Mediterranean a few years ago and also sailed out of 'CIVI'. You are making us wishing to go again and again and again. Ah.... Bellissimo..Bellissimo!

Yep' date=' we often do the transatlantic and lose an hour a day for several sea days. It gets harder and harder to hit the gym in the am. BUT, this year, we're getting back at RCI, we're heading out of Rome (Civi') and getting an hour back everyday! I do notice it's generally a more expensive cruise than the eastward TA. Hmmmmm :rolleyes:[/color']

LOL How about the poor prople on the crusies TAs west to east, several hours lost, oh my you could be setting a precedent here!

Yep' date=' we often do the transatlantic and lose an hour a day for several sea days. It gets harder and harder to hit the gym in the am. BUT, this year, we're getting back at RCI, we're heading out of Rome (Civi') and getting an hour back everyday! I do notice it's generally a more expensive cruise than the eastward TA. Hmmmmm :rolleyes:[/color']

Yes! Our TA cruise from Rome to FLL is a bargain! ;)

i would just like to say that im sorry you think your being ripped off. On that note, you did know when daylight savings time was when you booked. Also you do realize that daylight savings time is not the responsibility of RCI or any cruise line for that matter. Really I don't think you should let the fact that you are losing an hour bother you. What would you be doing in that hour anyways sleeping probably. I think that you will still have a great trip especially on the oasis and you are just freaking out. If you book another cruise with anyone just make sure its not during daylight savings.

oops sorry i didnt notice your joking people at the end of your message when i replied. I wasnt being mean, but i really thought you were serious. glad to see you were joking have a great trip on the oasis. We sail on the Freedom on May 16th. First RCI cruise.

Archived