RCI Ripping us off!!!!

I'm sailing on Oasis on March 13th, and it's NOT cheap. But then I discover, daylight savings time starts that weekend.

I'm LOSING an hour of cruise time when we "spring forward"!

Everyone on board should be compensated since this cruise is shorter than advertised!:mad:

(joking people!)

This is no joke! Consider: A diamond Plus, cruises once a year, they get conned into cruising every year at the time change. After a quater century, they would lose a whole day!

Consider: One less hour of Windjammer! Do you realize how much money RCI is making off the poor customer by not feeding them for that hour! This borders on theft! RCI should be publicly disgraced!

The horror of cruising....yet another example!

You're absolutely right. If I were you I would call RCCL and demand a 0.994 % discount on the cruise (if my math is right), as you're losing 1 of your 168 hours.

Your math is right, but I have decided that hour is worth much much more. After all, it's a weekend hour, and it's the first day of the cruise! Is anything more exciting than that first day? And they're CHEATING ME!!!!!!!

Think about it, you book a 7 day cruise (say Saturday to Saturday). You can't BOARD on embarkation day until between 11am and 2pm. That's not what I CALL a "FULL DAY". Then, you disembark the following Saturday between 8am and 11am! THAT'S not a FULL day either!! So your ACTUALLY booking a 5 day cruise...not a 7 day cruise!! :eek:

Think about it, you book a 7 day cruise (say Saturday to Saturday). You can't BOARD on embarkation day until between 11am and 2pm. That's not what I CALL a "FULL DAY". Then, you disembark the following Saturday between 8am and 11am! THAT'S not a FULL day either!! So your ACTUALLY booking a 5 day cruise...not a 7 day cruise!! :eek:

They are 7 NIGHT cruises. You spend 7 nights on the ship not days.

Hey, you're joking . . . but we've seriously said to each other that we should book the cruise where we "fall back" so we'd get an extra hour! Our scheduling has never quite worked out, but we've thought about it.

I'm sailing on Oasis on March 13th, and it's NOT cheap. But then I discover, daylight savings time starts that weekend.

I'm LOSING an hour of cruise time when we "spring forward"!

Everyone on board should be compensated since this cruise is shorter than advertised!:mad:

(joking people!)

On the bright side, once the ship springs forward you won't have to worry about ship's time vs local time.

LOL How about the poor prople on the crusies TAs west to east, several hours lost, oh my you could be setting a precedent here!

Yep, we often do the transatlantic and lose an hour a day for several sea days. It gets harder and harder to hit the gym in the am. BUT, this year, we're getting back at RCI, we're heading out of Rome (Civi') and getting an hour back everyday! I do notice it's generally a more expensive cruise than the eastward TA. Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

LOL How about the poor people on the cruises TAs west to east, several hours lost, oh my you could be setting a precedent here!

Our Westbound TA last fall was great. We gained 5 hrs between London and Florida. It was slightly confusing when it came time to decide when cocktail hour started, but we finally realized that it's always 5 o'clock somewhere! :D

If I were you I would call RCCL and demand a 0.994 % discount on the cruise (if my math is right), as you're losing 1 of your 168 hours.

Your math is right, but I have decided that hour is worth much much more. After all, it's a weekend hour, and it's the first day of the cruise! Is anything more exciting than that first day? And they're CHEATING ME!!!!!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the discount is only .595%.

1 - 167/168 = .00595

But on a $1,000 fare, that still might almost get you another alcoholic beverage!

Tim (who has cruised on both sides of this situation)

Seriously, check your flight schedules. We were flying home from a cruise on Daylight Savings Day a few years ago and our airline itinerary had us landing back in Boston an hour EARLIER than we actually did, due to the time change. We had someone picking us up, so it caused some confusion.

Archived