Platinum gifts

peg8148

As I have said in the past and will continue to say until/unless Carnival changes it, and I know that I am extremely fortunate to be able to cruise as much as we do BUT............. pleeeeeeeeeease change it already.... I think we have 15 picture frames at home with 5 more to come next cruise....

CARNIVAL..... either offer us a choice pre cruise and have it waiting for us in the cabin or give us a choice once on-board.... Again, I know they don't have to give us anything, but almost like the repeat shows year after year, please change the gifts more frequently...

OK, Linda (LHP)... where r u???? lol

I liked the frame. It fits a 5x7 picture. My picture, however, was sideways so the Carnival name is cockeyed...

Petit fores (sp) and horsdouevers were very nice. As was priority embarcation and debarcation. I ended up first on the ship and I was in my car by 7:52 am on departure day.

The purser's desk knew nothing about the galley tour at all. I did the Behind the Fun tour which had it and they kept trying to sell me that instead. I gave up after speaking to 3 different people who said it was only on the BTF tour.

One of my favorites is the free wash and fold. We used it once on 5 day cruises and twice on 7 day cruises....helps not to have to pack so much!!!

I bump up to Platinum on my next cruise, which happens to be a 12 day one - so I am really looking forward to taking full advantage of the free wash & fold service. :)

Nice gift after spending an arm and a leg to get there ;)

Disclaimer: I am NOT complaining here...just saying...LoL

It really is nice, my sister and husband just took their second Carnival cruise so I decided to grab one of her pics and put it in a frame I got last november and give it to them for christmas, she almost cried when she opened it and has now just booked her third.

Choices cost money and I'm not interested in the price of my cruise going up to cover a choice of gifts I really don't have much interest in. I think I've given my relatives at least one of everything.

Given a choice of gifts with higher cruise prices or no gift, I'd choose no gift.

• 1 month later...

So ... on our B2B in June, since DH and I are both Platinum, we will end up with 4 silver picture frames?! We're not exceptionally photogenic, so usually don't buy pictures on board and, since we're only bringing carry-ons we have little or no available space for take-homes. Our plans are 1) Give these frames to someone (perhaps a newbie) that we meet on board or 2)Ask the room steward to NOT leave them or 3) Just leave them in the cabin when we go.

Although I realize the the platinum gifts are just that, a "gift", a WONDERFUL alternative would be for the CCL reps who lurk on this board to suggest other than picture frames to be the "gift" for platinum cruisers doing B2B's! Maybe something consumable like soft drink coupons or a fruit basket on the second leg?

Any other suggestions?

So ... on our B2B in June, since DH and I are both Platinum, we will end up with 4 silver picture frames?! We're not exceptionally photogenic, so usually don't buy pictures on board and, since we're only bringing carry-ons we have little or no available space for take-homes. Our plans are 1) Give these frames to someone (perhaps a newbie) that we meet on board or 2)Ask the room steward to NOT leave them or 3) Just leave them in the cabin when we go.

Although I realize the the platinum gifts are just that, a "gift", a WONDERFUL alternative would be for the CCL reps who lurk on this board to suggest other than picture frames to be the "gift" for platinum cruisers doing B2B's! Maybe something consumable like soft drink coupons or a fruit basket on the second leg?

Any other suggestions?

In Dec we rec'd 4 and gave them all away as a Christmas Gift to fellow cruisers that we had meet and were having a good time with, the cruise before we gave them to tablemates and friends that we were cruising with.. The had a higher appreciaiton for them than we did:) If I had a choice, I did like the thermos but would also enjoy free drink coupons.

You will find someone that will like them so hold on to them and give them away.

Archived