Drinks for Breakfast?

awaldo

Is it possible to get an alcoholic drink like a Screwdriver or a Bloody Mary to drink for breakfast in the dining rooms or at the buffets?

Sure you can. Just ask in the dining room and they will get you a drink from the bar, or ask one of the waiters at the Buffet, there is always a bar open near by. (just have your cruise card ready to give them for payment) ;)

Thanks Paul! I had never really noticed bar service being available 24 hours a day on our previous cruises, mainly for lack of looking, but since our last cruise a few years ago, I have really taken a liking to something "special" in the morning when I can afford to!

Thinking.... hmmm. If you get a drink there's a 15% gratuity added. But, isn't this given to the bar staff and bar waiters?? If you ask a waiter in the buffet to get you a drink, should you give him an additional tip since he won't receive anything from the 15% ?? Or will he ?? Same thing might apply any time of day in the dining rooms ?? You would if you got room service, right ?

I often wondered the same thing. The assistants in the dining room have always been the ones to take care of drinks at dinner, not sure how that gratuity works for that, but similar situation I guess.

If you are lucky enough to book a full suite, a wonderful perk is breakfast in Sabatini's. Mimosos ere great.....:):):)

Bob

As well as the Bloody Marys. They don't mind the substitution if you are not a Mimosa fan.

Mike:)

Thinking.... hmmm. If you get a drink there's a 15% gratuity added. But, isn't this given to the bar staff and bar waiters?? If you ask a waiter in the buffet to get you a drink, should you give him an additional tip since he won't receive anything from the 15% ?? Or will he ?? Same thing might apply any time of day in the dining rooms ?? You would if you got room service, right ?

I have never left a gratuity just for ordering a bar drink in the dining room. I don't think a tip is necessary just because you ordered something from the bar. jmho.

I have never left a gratuity just for ordering a bar drink in the dining room.

Neither have I, this thread just made me think about it.... are the overworked waiters in the DR's doing extra and not getting anything for it?? Are the servers in the bars getting extra for doing nothing?? Don't know.. just wondering .

I often wondered the same thing. The assistants in the dining room have always been the ones to take care of drinks at dinner, not sure how that gratuity works for that, but similar situation I guess.
Tips are shared on Princess

Tips are shared on Princess

Think you could be wrong.. but you've been around longer than me, so, I could be wrong. My understanding is the auto-tips are shared by a designated number of employees and the gratuity on the drinks are shared by the bartender and bar waiters whereas.. they do not share in the auto-tips. Should start a thread on this to see what really experienced cruisers know.

I was under the impression that waitstaff is waitstaff. I also think these people work in different areas during different times of the day. They could be in the share pool with waiters and asst. waiters.

Can we get back to the drinks. I vote for a beer and tomato juice for a morning eye opener.

I was under the impression that waitstaff is waitstaff. I also think these people work in different areas during different times of the day. They could be in the share pool with waiters and asst. waiters.

You could be very well right - hope so...

Can we get back to the drinks. I vote for a beer and tomato juice for a morning eye opener.

You 'Muricans' really have to try the Canadian specialty - Bloody Caesar !!

Not nearly as filling, and waayy better.;) IMHO

You 'Muricans' really have to try the Canadian specialty - Bloody Caesar !!

Not nearly as filling, and waayy better.;) IMHO

I've heard of Bloody Ceasars and can't remember what they are.

Doesn't it contain something that can only be purchased in Canada?

Can you get them on Princess ships?

I'll order one next month.

Around here a Bloody Caesar is a Bloody Mary that is made with Clamato (clam juice and tomato). I assume it is made the same way in Canada?

And I have seen people get them on Princess ships before.

Around here a Bloody Caesar is a Bloody Mary that is made with Clamato (clam juice and tomato). I assume it is made the same way in Canada?

And I have seen people get them on Princess ships before.

Well that makes it easy. Clamato juice is certainly not indiginous to Canada. I've had it this way just never knew it as a Bloody Ceasar. I guess I like my drinks thick and heavy.

I've heard of Bloody Ceasars and can't remember what they are.

Doesn't it contain something that can only be purchased in Canada?

Can you get them on Princess ships?

Only in Canada Eh?? Wish it were so.. Great Eye-Opener !! ;)

And YES - Princess carries ALL the ingredients!! :D

It's just Clamato juice instead of Tomato juice... waaayyy less heavy (you could drink 2 for 1 !!) :rolleyes:

Only in Canada Eh?? Wish it were so.. Great Eye-Opener !! ;)

And YES - Princess carries ALL the ingredients!! :D

It's just Clamato juice instead of Tomato juice... waaayyy less heavy (you could drink 2 for 1 !!) :rolleyes:

My husband makes the best Caesers :) But that said, he has drunk many of them on Princess cruises.

Do you have Keg steakhouses back East?? They make a GREAT Caeser :)

Certainly have to agree the Mimosas are a great way to start in Sabatini’s if you happen to be lucky enough to be in a suite. I have been known to be partial to one or more :D before my Eggs Benedict with Salmon each morning.:)

Happy cruising

Chris

Archived